[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is killing in the name of Christianity ever justified?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: judgement.jpg (18 KB, 230x300) Image search: [Google]
judgement.jpg
18 KB, 230x300
Is killing in the name of Christianity ever justified?
>>
>>904476
Anything can be justified.

Doesn't make me have to like it tho.
>>
>>904476
No, but killing all christian filth is totally justified.
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 640x480
>>904476
No, but killing in the name of allah is.
>>
>>904476 (OP)
>Is doing something in the name X ever justified?
Yes, "in the name of X" is the justification if "X" is seen as the appropriate party to grant such justification and it is accepted that the deed is indeed enacted on behalf of X.
>>
>>904478
>>904498
I meant more of according to the Bible. Does the Bible ever make a case of when the act of killing would be justified? I know that Jesus was strictly pacifist and all, but the God in the old testament seemed pretty wrathful in his judgment over others. I know God shouldn't be held to the same standard as man, but it's still unclear to me what to make of this.
>>
>>904504
Well, best ask the scripture board.
>>>/sc/
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.