[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You can go back and live for a few years in any age or time frame
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: OEtSBV5.jpg (829 KB, 2478x1678) Image search: [Google]
OEtSBV5.jpg
829 KB, 2478x1678
You can go back and live for a few years in any age or time frame of human history. Diseases and warfare and all that aside, what do you pick? Choose 3, and explain why you like them and would've liked to experience them.

For me, the first answer is a close call. My three choices are the Viking Age c. 1030, when Knut the Great was King of England, Denmark, and Norway, or the Napoleonic Era, or the 1870s, specifically in Germany. These are my three favourite time periods (I don't count the World Wars here because I certainly wouldn't have wanted to experience them - props to my grandpa, great grandpa, and all those uncles who served in them), and I think for me it would go:

>Victorian
>Napoleonic
>Viking

Victorian would be fascinating as such a unique time of great technological and political advancement. Such sheer amounts of great change have never been paralleled as those in the late Industrial Revolution times.

Napoleonic would be also super fascinating for me, especially since I work at a Napoleonic heritage site, and since I've done some reenacting as a British grenadier.

Viking would be partly an ancestral call for me, but not just because they're stereotyped badasses. There's still today even a great deal we don't know about them, and these are things I wish I could know.
>>
>>901643
Roman empire (my ancestors were from central Italy)
sometime before the seven years' war
wouldn't really want to go to any other points in history, so for my third one I'll just say the year 2100
>>
>>901691
Only two periods of interest?
>>
>>901643
Prehistory, senpai.
>living in utopia, go out for hunt with bros when feel like it, teaching bitches how to swim
>absolutely no moral values, fug the lolis and everything fertile that is fuckable
>go to cave with my artistic niggas for some prehistoric graffiti
>yfw meeting actual we wuz kangz niggas nobody in the present age knows
>unspoilt nature and air, just how mother earth intended
>>
>>901910
Interesting choice, semi bizarre reasoning.
Not sure why you'd want a society with no morals.
>>
I would want to see ottoman istanbul in 1550 and in 1900 also ancient egypt during its peak sounds very interesting and exotic.
>>
Ancient Mesopotamia, to see what the first civilization was like

Roman Empire when Jesus was executed, to witness the splendour and see what actually happened

The Mongol conquests, hitch a ride with a khan and see/destroy everything from China to Hungary

Hard question to answer, there's so much cool shit to witness
>>
I would probably want to check out Rome under Cesar, but that's it. And certainly not for years.
>>
File: 1423700802196.gif (2 MB, 383x576) Image search: [Google]
1423700802196.gif
2 MB, 383x576
>>902031
>Roman Empire when Jesus was executed, to witness the splendour and see what actually happened
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.