[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Non-western History of all Ages
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: Great Admiral.jpg (114 KB, 250x365) Image search: [Google]
Great Admiral.jpg
114 KB, 250x365
Enough of the West, it's the time for the East to Shine.

Do you know Yi-sun Sin, a great Admiral of Korea? Well he can crush any navy at that time with his Turtle Boats! Even the great Japanese Shogunate feared his name!
>>
>>898995

Yes, I did know.
>>
I can safely say that i don't know shit about far eastern history. I know more about south american tribes than i know about what went on in China and Japan pre-1940s.
>>
>>899028
You need to change that up bruh
>>
File: This.jpg (66 KB, 494x531) Image search: [Google]
This.jpg
66 KB, 494x531
>>898995
Yes! China, Korea, Japan... a whole other world with whole other stories, and I know nothing about them. Get talkin' somebody. I'll go warm up the popcorn.
>>
File: antonio Luna.jpg (82 KB, 268x400) Image search: [Google]
antonio Luna.jpg
82 KB, 268x400
The Tragedy of Antonio Luna: The Only Real Filipino General During the Filipino-American War

Regarded as one of the fiercest generals of his time,he sought to apply his background in military science to the fledgling Filipino army. A sharpshooter himself, he organized professional guerrilla soldiers later to be known as the "Luna Sharpshooters" and the "Black Guard". His three-tier defense, now known as the Luna Defense Line, gave the American troops a hard campaign in the provinces north of Manila. This defense line culminated in the creation of a military base in the Cordillera.

He was strict, a disciplinarian to the core, but a true patriot. He was a propagandist for Philippine independence during Spanish colonization. A scientist, a doctor. He has studied European military tactics and sought to apply it to the new army.

Too bad because of his attitude, he had accumulated the hatred of many people he had crossed paths with, from generals to the members of the republic's cabinet, and this led to his assassination by the hands of his own countrymen, diminishing whatever hope the Filipinos to win the war.
>>
>>899115
Typical flips and their tall poppy syndrome. Deserve everything they got.
>>
>>899126
>tall poppy syndrome
the sad thing is it still evident to these day
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.