[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who's voice do you think in?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 112496352617.jpg (40 KB, 604x482) Image search: [Google]
112496352617.jpg
40 KB, 604x482
This question may sound strange but is there a natural voice you think in? When you read something are you reading in what you consider your voice or does it change? Seeing how we can mimic voices we hear in our thoughts, as well as the fact we are not limited by our vocal cords in our mind ,meaning we can make high pitch voices we can't mimic externally to narrate.
>>
>>898496
you ever hear the roman/Greek voice actors in total war Rome 2? basically that.
>>
>>898496
>but is there a natural voice you think in?

People don;t think in words, but in images and in abstractions. If you consciously narrate what you're thinking, the voice is "you" to the extent that anything is "you", but ofc what you sound like in your own head is not the same as you sound to other people.
>>
>>898516
>autists don't think in words
ftfy
>>
>>898516
>If you consciously narrate what you're thinking, the voice is "you" to the extent that anything is "you"

Is this not a result of how we're taught to read out loud?
>>
>>898496
It seems to be a weird Frankenstein-style mishmash of many male voices approximating my own...
>>
File: assburger.gif (871 KB, 200x224) Image search: [Google]
assburger.gif
871 KB, 200x224
When I read books I imagine the sentences as if it's a video. When I do some task I think in a 'voice'

I say 'voice' because I can't describe it as my voice or anybody else's voice. It's like a whisper, it has absolutely no characteristics or anything to describe it. It's just words being caught in a net.
>>
>>898496
zeFrank's
>>
I've never understood this idea just as much as I don't get people who talk about reading posts or comics in people's voices. I think in words and I read words, there's no voice attached to those words. Am I autistic or something?
>>
>tfw my inner voice is super cool but when i speak it sounds like retarded faggot
>tfw assued whole my life my inner voice was my actual voice but I found recording function of my phone and the rest is feels
>>
>>899196
I know this feel desu
>>
File: 1412136975124.jpg (647 B, 92x39) Image search: [Google]
1412136975124.jpg
647 B, 92x39
>>899197
>>
You know that british guy who does the voiceovers for a load of WW2 propaganda videos? Yeah it's his voice.
>>
>>898496
there's no voice, it's just words desu
>>
>>899229
I usually think in the voice of the british general you hear when playing as imperial in star wars battlefront 2
>>
My voice.
>>
>>898496
The voice in my head is more smooth and sober.

My real voice has more of a drunken drawl quality.
>>
>>898496

After watching a movie/show where a character I like appears, I tend to hear everything in my mind with their voice. This does not usually last long, but tends to come back if I recreate a facial expression or phrase of his/her. I can also pretty much read anything in the voice of someone else in my mind, which I tend to do.

Beyond that, I tend to think with the voice I believe sounds like me, but doesn't really when I listen to it recorded.
>>
i think as kel mitchell in Good Burgers voice
>>
File: 1456929291806.gif (2 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1456929291806.gif
2 MB, 250x188
>>898496

>Yfw you read everything in your mind with the voice of Dora the explorer
>You can't stop
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.