[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there such a thing as an ethnocist? >father is 100% K'iche
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: maya_feature.jpg (58 KB, 615x413) Image search: [Google]
maya_feature.jpg
58 KB, 615x413
Is there such a thing as an ethnocist?

>father is 100% K'iche Mayan
>his family left due to the genocide in Guatemala
>father's family is proud of our heritage
>they call other Indians as barbarian and savages
>I go to an Indian museum in here the states, the Phoenix one
>I went with several cousins
>my cousins start making offensive comments:
>"They call this oppression? Fucking crybabies, come back to me when you get attacked every decade or so."
>"These people bitch too much over nothing, the Anglos were nice compared to the Spaniards and creoles."
>"I wonder if we bitch enough Mexico/Central America will give us free shit"
>"I'm glad they don't count us Indians, I don't want to belong to a race full of weaklings."

Is ethnocism a thing?
I have seen on /pol/ Europeans gang up on each other, but I want to if this is an actual thing?
>>
Yes, it is obviously a "thing." It isn't confined to Europe. Why would you get the impression that it isn't?
>>
>>895975
Never realized it existed until I went on /pol/ and /int/. I always thought my family were just being dicks.
>>
>>895953
What do you mean "a thing"?
>>
>>895953
>Is ethnocism a thing?
Yes, it's called racism, or at least it was before Americans high-jacked the meaning of race to just mean the color of your skin rather than your ethnicity.
>>
>>895953
yeah dude it's been a think for all of reality

even among white people it's common. we aren't just one homogenous group.

like I'm anglo, in new zealand. which means I'm better than the irish, the germanics spaniards and the norwegian non-white snow niggers. the dutch and south african. don't even get me started on the american 'white'. anglo>>>>all other races of white people.

not even meming. I truly believe anglos, especially new zealand anglos are superior to all other white people, and all white people are superior to the mud races. Have you really never heard of this? there's a heirachry between races, but also with them

it'smuch like india. where here's common idea that the southerns are better, but there's also tonnes of castes among te southerners
>>
>genocide in Guatemala

I just looked up this so called genocide of yours. Usually people abuse that word, what happened/happening to the natives in continental US was not genocide, yours on the other hand was. I kinda feel bad that our government was partly responsible for what happened.

Your cousins are right though, our Indians are a bunch lazy greedy fucks that bitch about shit from the past.
>>
>>896053
>new zealand

Your country is literally a meme.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.