[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Wake up tomorrow >You're Majorian What do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
>Wake up tomorrow
>You're Majorian

What do?
>>
>>894369
Genocide every subhuman Germanic and Arian shit that exists
>>
>>894369
Don't let my fleet get destroyed, reclaim North Africa, one of the richest parts of the known world at this time, use the cash it generates to bribe the Eastern emperor to fight with me and pay off the barbarians while I dismantle their kingdoms one at a time.
>>
>>894369
root out insurrection with extreme prejudice
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 348x717) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 348x717
Tell all the auxiliary Germans in the military to fuck off and bring all the legions back to mainland Italy. Leave everything else to its fate and restore Roman republican values. Reinstate the power of the senate and step down as emperor.

We /Roman Republic/ now
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>894369

Kill or neutralize Ricimer.

Build an army of Romans and toss the Germans out. Probably get them in with debt forgiveness and land promises. Then fuck the Senate's ass after the Barbarians are no longer a threat.
>>
File: x0VyOR6.jpg (147 KB, 733x1000) Image search: [Google]
x0VyOR6.jpg
147 KB, 733x1000
Pound the Vandals in to ash. Rebuild the entire African administration from the ground up. Encourage privateering against the Vandals and Sueves and use it to pave my way to victory to Hispania.

Die from dysentery in Gaul
>>
>>894369
The Anglo-Saxons hadn't penetrated that far into Britain at the time.
>>
>>894369
Make up with the East and hold on to what you have. Eat grain from Egypt until you can take back N Africa.
>>
>>894369
Focus all resources on Italy.
>>
>>897288
>>896917
>>896882
>>896465
>>896453
>>894373
Well done guys. How do you intend to go about any of this? Ricimer will probably still kill you. He could do it to a Majorian that had experience, he'd utterly thrash any of us inexperienced neckbeards.
>>
>>899270
>Well done guys. How do you intend to go about any of this? Ricimer will probably still kill you

Ricimer had enemies himself, from both Roman ranks and his fellow barbarian. You could organize a hit that wouldn't be linked to you. In the meantime play his game and pretend to be his puppet like he wanted.
>>
Can I be Aegidius instead? I just want to chill in my Gallo-Roman rump state while Rome collapses.
>>
>>899278
Imagine Soissons had beaten the Franks? We could have skip all that retarded Frankish gavelkind succession.
>>
>>894369
Just give up, take all the money and run
>>
>>899281

It would have been pretty crazy, you would have basically a smaller Byzantine empire surrounded by barbarians.
>>
>>899461
The Goths would have tolerated Syagrius domain, since the Franks were the real expansion hungry group and the Visigoths were too busy fighting civil wars with each-other.

Soissions would be forced to keep better contacts with the Britons due to proximity as well. Shit would have gotten real in the North Sea.
>>
>>899494
things would be really interesting when the Normans come in
>>
>>894369
>460 CE

What a shitty time to be there. Tbqh I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
>>
File: 1103344994556.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1103344994556.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>899502
>Vikings vs Romans
>>
Kill Ricimer
>>
>>894369
>What do?
Reconquer Gaul and rejoin with Soissons.
Ignore Hispania and focus on north Africa.
Keep doing all the same shit in domestic policy.
Exile Ricimer soon as I can (he already betrayed Avitus, why wouldn't he betray me too?).
>>
Cry, because Rome is lost
>>
>all these republican seclusionist pussies

we need some federalists in here

>tax money no longer goes only into rome, nations only need to pay for the unified garrison, money still goes to roads et cetera
>vassals city states aristocrats may now vote for who the next emperor is.
>emperors reign for 15 years, in the case of death their party represents their interests
>when during peacetime, invest into re usable assets
>invent f22's and nuclear bombs
ez gg
>>
>>900719
>>emperors reign for 15 years, in the case of death their party represents their interests
Sounds like civil wars every 15 years
>>
>>900719
>nukes
How are you going to reclaim everything if everything is Chernobyl? Use cheirosiphōn.
>>
>>900736
eh
>find where 10,000 enemies are
>have a gift bearer intercept them when they are away from a city, away from a body of water and not in an area were runoff will poison much farming land

You could also just introduce black power weapons, bullets, napalm, et cetera.
>>
>>900734
Why? Sheer force isn't considered, it's a voting process
>>
>>894373
But that was tried and it only pissed them off.
>>
>>899524
This desu.

The fact that majorian was able to do what he did speaks volume of his competence.
>>
>>896917
>>896882
This was the thinking that lead to the death of Stilcho. Fuck you faggots.
>>
>>900974
>This was the thinking that lead to the death of Stilcho.
There's no comparing Stilicho and Ricimer, come on. Ricimer's cuntness is unmatched in late roman history, he needs to be eliminated from the political scene.
>>
>>894369
Embrace the Germans, try to teach them how to govern properly. Make peace with the East. Prepare them for the coming wave of Islam and try to give the west a head start.
>>
>>894369
Go back to sleep and dream about killing Avitus again and watching Appollinarius cry
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.