[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
UNAM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Unam.png (324 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Unam.png
324 KB, 800x800
I'm planning on studying philosphy in here, does anybody know how's it like, what to expect?

I know most american philosophy departments are analytic, but I've heard that UNAM is pretty conty, can anyone confirm/deny?
>>
It's fucking horrible bro. Your teachers will never be on time, your faculty's library is a joke, every time there is going to be a protest for some dumb shit, you will smell like weed after an hour being there and you will feel pretty depressed for your choice. Are you a poorfag? If not try ITAM and if you have the heart try Colmex.
>>
>>894055
Wow is it really that bad? I had a rather positive image of it, I'm not that poor, I'll check out ITAM, thanks man.

Fucking chairos desu.
>>
>>893840
My mom went to UNAM and while she went she enjoyed it the cost of the uni was low so she worked and went to school id honestly make a choice depending on what your field of study is
>>
>>895679
I´ve kind been looking around, but most schools don´t even have a degree in philosophy, which is what I´m looking for.
>>
>>894153
Mexican phil. major here. It's not that bad, but some of the things mentioned are true. There might be some lack of punctuality from the professors, and there do might be protests every now and then, but the university has a lot of resources and you can develop a great network that can lead to scholarships and other opportunities, if you know who to hang with. I don't study there myself, but now professors from there and Masters students; it's the best uni country-wise, so it's a good pick, plus cheap as hell too.
>>
>>895758
Thanks man, just two final questions.
Do faculty and the subjects itself lean towards conty or analytic phil?
How obnoxious are the students regarding sjw issues?
>>
>>895788
I don't know their tendencies, but I'm sure you'll find people from the two ends of the spectrum. Regarding SJW stuff, this shit isn't USA, being politically correct and all it entails isn't really a thing and if you find people that actually act like that they're probably not even worth it.
>>
>>895788

Analytic philoshophy is like tea and crumpets. It's the big thing if you are in Britain, Australia, Canada and USA, but elsewhere it's just a exotic funny little thing.
>>
>>895841
Aren't the vast majority of contemporary philosophers analytic? I mean, which continentals are still alive and publishing other than zizek?
>>
Why is that the coat of arms of a Mexican univerisity features all of Latin America much more prominently than Mexico?
>>
>>896938
Because we are cucks
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.