[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck was his problem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
What the fuck was his problem?
>>
>>888447
The British Navy
>>
Bringing about the revolution of the bourgeoisie.
>>
>>888447
The Russian winter
>>
Hubris when he invaded Russia. Having a hardon for doing things that no one said was doable. Generally hedged his bets, but occasionally made huuuuge gambles without a real plan B.
>>
Monarchists and Rothchild bankers.

French Revolution scared the ever loving piss out of the aristocracy and nobility of Europe. The Napoleon goes and crowns him self. So the monarchies ganged up to put a puppet Bourbon king on the French throne.

To make sure that more revolutions didn't happen across Europe. Causing the high borne elites to lose their land, wealth, and lives.
>>
Overestimation of logistics during advance into Russia.
British Navy.
Spanish Nationalism
German Nationalism

Those are off the top of my head.
>>
>when will they learn: the campaigns
>>
Napoleon didn't have a problem. He was a genius and a forward thinker, but unfortunately one man can't beat back an entire continent that hates him. The fact that his empire lasted as long as it did is a testament to just how great he was.
>>
>be Napoleon
>become emperor of France
>other European leaders don't like you and they all declare war
>miraculously beat them all and take a little land here and there for the benefit of the suffering French people
>history remembers you as a conquest hungry tyrant
>>
>>888532

>Spanish Nationalism/German Nationalism

Did those things even exist at the time though, if I seem to remember correctly the big German nationalist like Herder and Fichte were a bit after the Imperial Napoleonic period, and were more Prussian focused. Anti-Napoleonic conservatives like Goethe, were even against unification.

Also the whole Spanish revolt was one big Catholic/Bourbon mess.
>>
File: download.jpg (17 KB, 279x181) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
17 KB, 279x181
I know that it's cancer to bring speculative history into this board.

But one of my biggest what if's is what if Napoleon never invaded Russia and defeated the Sixth Coalition in a defensive war, would teh industrial revolution have happened in France instead of Britain?
>>
>>888520
>Napoleon's invasion of Russia was hubris

You forget the part where they were conspiring with the UK to invade all of Napoleon's allies and turn them against him again.
>>
File: thumb24669.jpg (23 KB, 340x169) Image search: [Google]
thumb24669.jpg
23 KB, 340x169
St George's Golden Cavalry
>>
op is the image Carlos Rex?
>>
>>888660
No it's Frederick the Great
>>
>>888660
It's Joan of Arc
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.