[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was he such a genius in so many different fields?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 20120818112858-d45aeab3.jpg (442 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
20120818112858-d45aeab3.jpg
442 KB, 1600x1067
Why was he such a genius in so many different fields?
>>
>>887435
I think geniuses tend to know more than most do about all sorts of topics, regardless of whether or not they specialize in something.
>>
He was a jack of all trades, he was not great at anything, except painting.
>>
Because he was a genius and the body of knowledge of the time wasn't as vast as today so it was easier to become multidisciplinarian.
Meanwhile, look at von neumann, a modern genius
>>
File: Le Vinci.jpg (30 KB, 570x116) Image search: [Google]
Le Vinci.jpg
30 KB, 570x116
>implying
>>
>>888101
>wasn't a genius at maths
>the proves he wasn't a polymath!
yea, no
>>
>>887435
A massive outlier and hard worker. A potent combination.
>>
>Draws Planets
>He's a botanist
>Draws Machines
>He's an engineer
He was mostly just an artist
>>
>>888108
>drawing booty and chairs with wings makes you a polymath
yeah, nah
>>
Polymath's were just passing down former knowledge of the fine arts through the humanities and no you are not a polymath, yet.
>>
>>888108
>poly math
>literally multiple maths
>not good at even a single math
>not even a mono math
>>
>>888159
>poly: prefix meaning multidtude
>Math: meaning right, rightfulness, handiness
He invented the term Renaissance Man you pleb
>>
>>888185
It obviously was a bait.
>>
>>887435
There really was not a whole lot to know back then.
>>
>>888133
That's a little unfair. Several of his designs were actually built
>>
>>887435
Fuck da popo, imma cut this bitch open, and figure out what the fuck makes up a human
>>
>>887532
he was great at everything but painting, at which he was merely competent.
>>
Ha ha, I actually thought that "polymath" meant a person well versed in many math areas in particular, because I've mostly only read it in maths context.
>>
>>887435
Very high IQ. Relatively easy life with lots of spare time to experiment/learn new things >>>mix and matching of stuff(creativity).

People tend to discover shit if they have those 2 things basically. High IQ, easy life.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.