[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alt History General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: V2_Blank_Seah2.png (1 MB, 5616x2160) Image search: [Google]
V2_Blank_Seah2.png
1 MB, 5616x2160
Does anyone here like alt History of any sort?

Heres a map I made around the 1920s/30s where WW1 doesnt happen and series of smaller wars cause the collapse of the Russian, Ottoman and Austro-Hungarian Empire, also something a bit out there with a post Spanish American war Iberian union. General clash of Nationalism, Imperialism and Decolonization and 1890-1939 politics in general.
>>
>>883218
just curious as to why? i understand that the quality of many fictional works out there is dubious, but what specifically dont you like?
>>
File: DD penumb 4.jpg (933 KB, 3444x2596) Image search: [Google]
DD penumb 4.jpg
933 KB, 3444x2596
What about Alt Alt History
Here is my Dungeons and Dragons map.
Can you think of some other countries I should add?
>>
>>883240
i remember you posted this here before

its too influenced by historic names and geography

like, seriousyl? Esplendia? Gothos? Sultanate? Abyssid took it too far. also, never end any name in -os-, -ia, or make it sound like a language that exists in our world.

the look is pretty good. but you need to seriously work on your world building
>>
>>883215

I enjoy some alt-history, but not what I tend to see here. Map painting, to me, is just stupid.

I prefer to take a historic event or process, and alter something, usually one small detail, and try to see where it leads. Rewriting huge events and shifting the boundaries of empires usually requires a whole chain of assumptions/alterations, most of which aren't even realized by the original draft.
>>
>>883263
i like map painting because its more accessible and doesnt have the shitty writing or some contrived point that alot of alt history books have
>>
>>883240
i thought it was an ironic pasta about stupid alt maps. It's shit
>>
>>883263
my alternate histories tend to originate from just one person existing, and changing stuff

most of the time, they start a dynasty
>>
File: CxXBkNP.jpg (591 KB, 2500x1500) Image search: [Google]
CxXBkNP.jpg
591 KB, 2500x1500
>>883267
>>
>>883215
>Polish Corridor
Why?
>>
>>883215
>Fuckhuge Poland

???
>>
>>883288

GU has danzig though
>>
>>883570

i havent fully fleshed the story out yet, but germany isnt focused on controlling poland, mostly incorporating austria, and they wouldnt have too much of a problem with a strong poland opposed to the ussr, also i give them the benfit of the doubt for success in this based on how well they performed in the polish-bolshevik war in real life
>>
>>883240
Have a nomadic faction north/above Mont Barad. Like the Magyars, Huns, Turks, Krygyz, Manchu, and so on
>>
>>883277
That is... so kek worthy
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.