[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone please recommend me a good book that covers Sarajevo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3
File: cool.jpg (12 KB, 196x257) Image search: [Google]
cool.jpg
12 KB, 196x257
Can someone please recommend me a good book that covers Sarajevo and all of the eastern European massacres that were going on in the 90's. I would like to know what the fuck was going on.
>>
>>881612
>massacres
literally never happened
>>
>>881631
do you have a book recommendation?
>>
It's the americas attempt to salvage muslims from those barbaric Orthodox Christian.

nine eleven best day of my life.
>>
>>881612

this BBC documentary will give you the basics in terms of chronology, which is already a lot since this region is a mess. I think there is no NATO propaganda in it, the serbians are not depicted as the evil, its very neutral and also explains some of the roots of the conflicts back to the early 20thcentury.
( its quite a boring documentary, like any good documentary )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oODjsdLoSYo#t=371
>>
>>881667

oops im sorry i misread your post you dont want something specifically balkanic, but still, if you want to know more about yugo wars in the 90's...
>>
>>881667
>the serbians are not depicted as the evil
Obviously biased.
>>
>>881667
thanks, will watch in a little bit.
>>
>>881672
nah its fine, i just want to understand current eastern european politics in general, so that i can understand what led up to the shit in the 90s.

still, if anyone has any book recommendations on sarajevo and us intervention and what not, please gibs me dat
>>
>>881673
I did watch the whole ting, it tries to stay as neutral as possible, it was made in 1995, Milosevic and Karadzic are interviewed in it, i think the doc was approved by them.
>>
>>881633
If you want a book on things that never happened, try the Bible. Its an interesting read.
>>
>>881673
>check documentary for five minutes
>yep, it agrees with my subjective opinion
>thus it must be amazing

How about you mention if its factually correct, if its well presented, stuff like that.
I really dislike this /pol/ way of looking at media.
>>
>>881702
>doesn't agree with my subjective opinion
>therefore it must be the/pol/ way of looking at media
>thus, it must be wrong
>thus, i am an objective
>>
>>881709
There is an objective way of rating documentaries.
"It agrees with me thus its good" is not it.
I wouldnt care if you said that the documentary is shit because it doesnt portray the serbs as monsters, the argument would still stand.

If you want to rate something, do so properly, dont just claim its amazing because it subjectively agrees with you. Thats a very sjw/pol thing to do.
>>
>>881714
who in the thread said it was a good documentary because it agreed with them?
>>
>>881726
>>881673
>>the serbians are not depicted as the evil
>Obviously biased.
>>
>>881728
so, neutrality is biased?

you're trying to pass the warrant that one party must be presented as evil.

let's do some deduction here, anon.
>>
>>881736
Celebrating that the documentary takes your side in a conflict is not a good way to rate a documentary.
I have now written this three times, I dont think I'll be making a fourth post saying the same obvious thing.
>>
>>881744
takes my side? i don't have a side, elliot. i'm OP. i'm trying to get information so that I can come to a conclusion.

I thank you for not posting the same ignorant babble a fourth time.
>>
>>881749
Might as well delete the thread and remake it asking for documentaries that justify governments killing their minority citizens.
You clearly would dismiss anything other than that, if this is what you consider a neutral stance.
>>
>>881755
>governments killing their minority citizens
When did this happen?
>>
>>881755
I didn't know that only minority citizens were killed, I asked for general information so I could come to my own conclusions.

Again, you misunderstand. You should put out your resume to assist researchers. They would love you for you to JUST
>>
>>881612
>>881781
>Can someone please recommend me a good book that covers Sarajevo and all of the eastern European massacres that were going on in the 90's. I would like to know what the fuck was going on.

Governments killing minority citizens happened. Anyway, thanks for reminding me why I removed the /his/ bookmark some time ago. Good day.
>>
>>881790
so, your inconsistency and BIAS was put into light, you then backpedal and keep claiming that I was biased, without knowing that I am OP looking for the information, now you are taking what some other anon said, and aligning it with my request for information.

THEN YOU LEAVE

JUST
U
S
T
>>
>>881631
>>881699

serb tier fedora tipper

please leave
>>
>>881781
In Yugoslavia in the 90's
>>
>>881667
best doc on the subject, is there one for kosovo?
>>
Chetniks, Ustasa and Mudjahedin chimping out.
>>
>>881841
no "minority citizens" were harmed, everyone who died was already a soldier on the battlefield
>>
>>881852
Tell that to the people of Srebrenica.

Why do serbs always deny the obvious? I'm not saying that bosnian serbs didn't have the right to declare independence, or that croats and sometimes muslims didn't do the same atrocities as them, but ethnic cleansing was an undeniable thing, which serbs has to face and accept.
>>
>>881860
>ethnic cleansing was an undeniable thing
lol
>>
>>881860
>ethnic cleansing
i fucking wish
>>
>>881864
>>881867
Then live in denial. Its you against the whole world. Wait, I'm not saying this, serbs always like to take pride in this shit

>haha the whole world can't defeat poor little serbia they are just jelly ;)))))
>>
>>881875
that's racist you fucking idiot
>>
>>881860
spotted the NATO shill.
You guys violated the UN rules, no amount of shilling will change that.
>>
>>881882
>>881894
>wow racist
>wow nato shill

Hungarian here, I have no interest in your conflict, I'm just stating the obvious. Ethnic cleansing did happen, people were shoot and raped in their villages, this is a fact.

All sides, including the serbs participated in it.
>>
>>881936
Why do you hate Serbs so much, what did they ever do to you?
>>
>>881945
Other anon here, fuck up every Balkan discussion ever (They and the rest of former Yugoslavia)
>>
>>881945
Why is it so hard to admit something your country did?
Hungarians also genocided serbs in Vojvodina, we face the dark side of our history, in highschool we are taught how Hungary broke up the "friendship" treaty with Yugoslavia, betrayed it and genocided people in Újvidék (Novi Sad).

Serbs has to do the same, your people did horrible shit 20 years ago, denying it just halts the recovery of your nation.
>>
>>881959
Anon, Serbs are universally hot-headed retards don't even try this shit it'll end up in the same result as telling vatas that Russia attacked Ukraine.
>>
>>881860
the numbers are forged
>>
File: 1408394764894.jpg (41 KB, 556x532) Image search: [Google]
1408394764894.jpg
41 KB, 556x532
>people are literally still digging the bits and pieces srebrenica's men and boys out of the ground
>nope never happened
>nato shill stop lying y u hate serbia
>>
>>881612
>I would like to know what the fuck was going on.
gonna copypaste this /pol/ post as a general summary

>Some Albanians were mean to Serbs
>Serbia leader Milosevic then goes ape shit and declares war on all Yugoslav countries
>Slovenia says "fuck this, Im out"
>Serbia invades Croatia
>Both Serbs and Croats also go to war in Bosnia over "muh rightful clay" with Bosniak Mudslimes getting raped by both sides
>Macedonia joins in on the fun and declares war on Albanians in its country
>NATO fun police intervenes and ruins the party for everyone
>>
>>882238
Why not let them fight? It's destiny.
>>
>>882491
>>882238
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKdJ6DnPhzk
>>
>>882238
slovenia was the first one to declare war
>>
Does /his/ have no sense of empathy?
>>
>>881959
I have a feeling the type of people willing to shitpost on /int/ in denial threads aren't the best Serbia has to offer.
>>
>>881667

>BBC

How about something unbiased?
>>
File: 00000065-001.png (16 KB, 291x300) Image search: [Google]
00000065-001.png
16 KB, 291x300
>massacres
Literally never happened

Ever

Everyone was on vacation
>>
>>883927
There's no room for empathy in the study of history, only in the reflection on it.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.