[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why would God, an omniscience, omnipotence, omnipresence, omnibenevolence
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 1457928099754.jpg (389 KB, 1280x692) Image search: [Google]
1457928099754.jpg
389 KB, 1280x692
Why would God, an omniscience, omnipotence, omnipresence, omnibenevolence perfect absolute being beyond time, space, matter and becoming create an imperfect, limited, flawed universe bound by time, space, matter and becoming?

How do Christians respond to this question?
>>
>>881127
Because he wanted to #YOLO
>>
boredom
>>
With all kinds of mental gymnastics.
>>
>>881127
Love?
>>
File: all the majors.jpg (862 KB, 3000x1616) Image search: [Google]
all the majors.jpg
862 KB, 3000x1616
She's just perfect math
>>
>>881146
Love for something which didn't yet exist?
>>
Why are humans excpecting to understand the mind of somebody who literally knows everything? I'm an antitheist but the arguments for nu-atheism are all retarded.
>>
>>881127
How would Mohammedians respond to this?
>>
Because he created an infinite number of imperfect universes of every possible variation
>>
>>881174
m lady
>>
>>881185
the stereotype is true I'm a fucking loser
>>
>>881178
I read somewhere, but cannot find the reference anymore, that Allah said he was like a jewel in a desert who wanted to be discovered, so he created the universe.
True or not it seems like an interesting idea, that a peerless omnipotent being would still have the desire to be admired.
>>
They'd probably say something like, 'we're too cognitively limited to make an assessment'.
>>
>>881192
It seems as though if he possess this desire which is egotistical he wouldn't be perfect.
>>
>>881201
True, but he does have a desire to be worshiped. In Islamic myth the angels constantly praise him, Iblis the djinn spent thousands of years praising him but was cast away for disobedience. One instance of pride and disobedience was enough for Allah to banish him from grace forever. Sounds like an overreaction frankly.
>>
>>881127
>Some would ask, how could a perfect God create a universe filled with so much that is evil. They have missed a greater conundrum: why would a perfect God create a universe at all?
>Sister Miriam Godwinson, "But for the Grace of God"
>>
File: Luria tzimtzum.gif (16 KB, 350x469) Image search: [Google]
Luria tzimtzum.gif
16 KB, 350x469
Jews call it dirah betachtonim

Vaishnavists call it lila
>>
>>881127
Because creating something beyond time, matter and becoming would be creating God

>muh omnipotence
Omnipotence doesnt entail making contradictions. Asking for God to make contradictions true to prove his power would be like asking him to do blagghbleurgblum to prove his power
>>
>>881271
>Omnipotence doesnt entail making contradictions. Asking for God to make contradictions true to prove his power would be like asking him to do blagghbleurgblum to prove his power

Nice. This is such a poor but popular objection e.g. 'can God create a stone so heavy he cannot lift it?' No, that's logically impossible.
>>
>>881280
>>881271

And yet God CAN be both himself and his son, and his father, all at once. This is also logically impossible but apparently it's a-okay?
>>
>>881280
I guess that God's power lies in our incapacity to comprehend it. Having said that we could concider the zen koans as ways to mildly feel our imperfection when facing something we can't comprehend.
>>
>>881153
First, second and last are best majors
>>
>>881127
Why not?
>>
>>881127
You want the simple answer. You want someone to come along and say "Because Christians didn't think that far ahead."
But how do you expect to understand an explanation from someone who knows all and is above all? For all we know, to him, our reality is absolute perfection.
You can't answer it, we can't answer it, nobody can. Literally, Only God knows.
>>
File: epicurus on god.jpg (198 KB, 1595x895) Image search: [Google]
epicurus on god.jpg
198 KB, 1595x895
>>881127

>Why would God, an omniscience, omnipotence, omnipresence, omnibenevolence perfect absolute being beyond time, space, matter and becoming create an imperfect, limited, flawed universe bound by time, space, matter and becoming?

Only human beings have ever described god as being some perfect being beyond reproach. My father once told me that its more likely that god is a kid fooling around in his fathers garage, playing with his tools. When you look at how things work, and the people who inhabit the universe, it seems more likely.
>>
>>881201
Well d'uh he is satan.
>>
>>881317
He obviously is unaware of the most basic elements of theology and explanations given in the Pentateuch - yes in exodus it is explained why we live in a "lower" world and why we "fallen" from paradise which was still on earth but no longer since the fall.

Went from eternal everything to biological demise - and it is explained and has supports with arguments - but as you said people have no genuine interest in learning or approaching spiritual life of Christianity - they just want to make Christians admit something.
>>
>>881134
But he lived twice. #yolt
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.