[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Spanish Inquisition. Let us discuss. Purifying the land
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Spanish_Inquisition.jpg (51 KB, 641x441) Image search: [Google]
Spanish_Inquisition.jpg
51 KB, 641x441
The Spanish Inquisition. Let us discuss.

Purifying the land in the name of God? Or senseless killing for the fuck of it?
>>
The Catholic Church is and always has been an abomination.
>>
>>880493
The Pope does well when he grants remission to souls, not by the power of the keys (which he does not possess), but by way of intercession.
>>
Wasn't their total number of people killed like 5,000 over a 400 year stretch?
>>
This might be bullshit but I read somewhere that the Inquisition actually had higher standards for admissible evidence and was more impartial than most secular courts.
>>
>>880518
According to Wikipedia its around that. But Wikipedia is written by jews, so take it all with a grain of salt.
>>
>>880518
Pretty much.

Not really a mass slaughter is it? It's almost as if the Inquisition had a goal of inquiry!
>>
>>880539
Why would the Jews try to whitewash the Inquisition.

That makes zero sense.
>>
>>880490
A more merciful court compared to the majority of secular courts of the time.

Also only 2000 executions in 400+ years of existing.
>>
>>880550
No. Making it seem worse than it truly was. You know because those Catholics are nothing but murderous heathens. You should be apologizing to those poor arabs goyim
>>
>>880550
Crypto Jews were the main targets of the inquisition. Then and crypto Muslims were more of threat than protestants ever were. Of course when protestant Spanish nobles tried to organize the inquisition ended that treason before it could spread.
>>
>>880490
It's amazing how influential the Black Legends are. People fucking even educators still believe the inquisition killed millions senseless without a fair trial.
>>
>>880571
5000 people in 400 years isn't 'making it seem worse than it really was'. That's nothing. You lose that many soldiers in one battle.

And what's this whole 'the Jews are supporting the Arabs to destroy Europeans" thing. You know Arabs hate Jews way more than any white person. I thought the Jews were supposed to be smart.
>>
>>880605
Dunno man. Gotta ask them why they do it. Ask about the whole interracial mixing thing too. Im curious what the point in that is.
>>
>>880518
>>880539
Weren't most of those deaths due to the "auto de fe," which had more to do with Iberians co-opting the Inquisition for Reconquista cleanup?
>>
>>880634
Yes most deaths were Jewish or Muslim converts to Christianity after the Spanish kingdom deported all faithful Jews and Muslims.

If they were found still following Islam or Judaism they'd be punished. I believe only repeat offenders got the death sentence.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.