[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The most admirable chief of state in your country's history
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: Dom Pedro II.jpg (58 KB, 469x599) Image search: [Google]
Dom Pedro II.jpg
58 KB, 469x599
>Last emperor of Brazil, by the age of 5 he assumed the throne.
>Educated in the arts, philosophy and fluent in many languages
>Loved by his people and respected by intelectuals such as Darwin, Hugo, Wagner, Pasteur, etc.
>Faced crysis, wars and worked to abolished slavery.
>During his reign, Brazil experienced a growth of proportions never seen before.

Unfortunately, his poor health and morale in his latter years were responsible for the overthrow of monarchy.
>>
I'm British and thus our head of states are relatively powerless, but King George VI was pretty based. He got over his stutter and kept up morale in WW2, picked up the slack from his shitty older brother, and had a good film made about it 70 years later
>>
>>879814
There's alot of great leaders to pick from, but I'll go for one who did actually not lead in Denmark ever. But Rollo became Duke of Normandie( land of the northmen). Given by by the French to stop them from sacking them over and over again. Great Great Grandfather to William of Normandie(The Conqurer). Hence the start of the bloodline that still to this day rule commonwealth as Monarch. As Victoria was know as the Grandmother of Europe and King Chrsitian IX of Denmark father-in-law of Europe this makes virtually every single Royal Ruler of Europe of Danish bloodline
>>
>>879863
But I thought you'll choose Vicky as a brit.
I agree with George VI basedness though, unusual history figure.
>>
>>879882
How ironic. The most influential and powerful european monarchs, descendants of the so called barbarians of yore.
>>
>>879912
I think your perspective is colored by pop cultural understanding of the Vikings. They were experts at merging into different cultures. Merchants traded as far as the Levant. Some settled down in east/central Europe. Became known as The Rus. Merging with Novgorod and lay name to Mordern Russia.

Discoveres of Iceland. First European to reach Greenland and first to the Americas when arriving in Newfoundland, where the Native thought they were dragon riding gods.

They made a huge notion in the world, even without the fearless violence on the battlefield
>>
>>879949

Oh, I do acknowledge the fruitions of those poeple.

Nevertheless, I see how you could mistake my jest with my opinion. Perhaps I wasn't emphatic enough.
>>
>>879814
>op accidentally reveals that he is from Brazil

Shameful
>>
File: 1404071745661.jpg (39 KB, 357x314) Image search: [Google]
1404071745661.jpg
39 KB, 357x314
>>879814
>This thread again
>Praising the same retard Emperor

This imbecile competes with João Goulart by post of worst head of state in the country's history.

At least they not waited 40 years to overthrow Goulart.

It's a shame that Constant and his followers were a bunch of faggots, that instead of hanging this bastard, expelled him.
>>
>>880229
Please elaborate why are they that bad.
>>
>>880176
>accidentally
>Name of the thread is "The most admirable chief of state in your country's history"

Way to go, anon.
>>
George Washington
>strong tactician
>equitable commander
>fought to abolish slavery in the constitution
>truly loved America and it's people
>treated his slaves like employees
>gave all of them freedom in his will
First in war, first in peace, and first in the hearts of his countrymen
>>
File: Pierre_Trudeau_(1975).jpg (915 KB, 1232x1642) Image search: [Google]
Pierre_Trudeau_(1975).jpg
915 KB, 1232x1642
>kept the country from splitting apart, quickly and decisively
>>
>>880341
>fought to abolish slavery in the constitution

Didn't he had slaves himself?
>>
>>880350
A shame he had a DUDE WEED LMAO XD of a son.
>>
>>880359
Justin hasn't done anything wrong yet, I'm gonna cut him some slack and wait before criticizing
>>
>>880365
He already did wrong by accepting rapefugees into his country.
>>
>>880372
I think that's a good thing but whatever, I don't think he's that bad, a little immature, but not bad.
>>
>>880229
Kill yourself.
>>
File: basedjohn.jpg (9 KB, 237x300) Image search: [Google]
basedjohn.jpg
9 KB, 237x300
>>879814
>Best King of Portugal
>Clever, pragmatic and ruthless
>Jewed the jews
>Manipulated the Pope
>Outsmarted the spaniards with the Treaty of Tordesillas
>Asserted the power of the Crown and destroyed the power of the nobility
>Survived dozens of assassination attempts
>When his cousin conspired to kill him, survived the attempt and killed cousin himself
>Buttraped mudslimes in his youth and conquered Ceuta and Tangiers for Portugal
>Built up the navy and created a system that would expand Portuguese power worldwide for a century

10/10 in my book, would swear fealty. Hardcore republican here.
>>
File: Nacimiento-de-Julio-A.-Roca.jpg (42 KB, 425x497) Image search: [Google]
Nacimiento-de-Julio-A.-Roca.jpg
42 KB, 425x497
>While being a general he succesfully conquered the southern half of the country before Chile could claim it while murdering natives
>Become president in 1880
>Takes power from the church and add it to the government (Including creating public schools)
>Revamps the economy and succesfully makes the country THE export giant
>Doesn't run for reelection and let's an idiot take his job to plot his glorious return
>Idiot ruins the economy with faulty administration
>Become presidents again and saves the economy while making the country relevant again

Glorious conservative is glorious
>>
>>880352
Hypocrisy can be weakness and not deception sometimes.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.