[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anarchist Catalonia was an oppressive dictatorship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 12
File: cnt.jpg (25 KB, 274x325) Image search: [Google]
cnt.jpg
25 KB, 274x325
Just like USSR. Prove me wrong.

Protip: you can't.
>>
>>879586
Given your terms are vacuous and your claims about external reality aren't grounded in the documentary record, you've denied the possibility of "proof" or rather "evidence of bad narratives" at all, and therefore cannot be proved wrong because you're not thinking in the least historically.

Fuck off to the other place where such fallacious reasoning is the norm.
>>
>>879586
Who was the dictator?
>>
File: hello.jpg (113 KB, 500x745) Image search: [Google]
hello.jpg
113 KB, 500x745
>>879586
>>
>m-muh free market
>w-why can't i have private property
>l-leave the poor church alone, they dindu nuffin
>help I'm being oppressed
>>
>>879624
>Guise, we totally stand for freedom, unless you want to have private property or be a catholic, in which case our state...err, I mean our assemblies and militias will crush you.
>>
File: ws.jpg (92 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
ws.jpg
92 KB, 500x350
>>879671
>changing subject so fast
>>
Imagine if Kolchak crushed the Bolsheviks in 1918. We would be hearing the same bullshit about how Soviets would create True Communismâ„¢ if only they weren't hindered by evil outside forces.
>>
File: anarchist women.jpg (221 KB, 588x1066) Image search: [Google]
anarchist women.jpg
221 KB, 588x1066
>>879729
>muh stronk anarchist women

Not so strong when the Moroccan troops of Franco marched into Madrid.
>>
>>879731
Maybe the Bolsheviks would have succeeded if the revolutions in Europe hadn't failed.
>>
>>879744
kek

And these days right-wingers like to sob about evil muslims raping their women.

Nationalists really are scum.
>>
>>879770
>Lenin
>doing anything wrong
>>
File: le_suspicious_looking_ungulate.jpg (10 KB, 300x295) Image search: [Google]
le_suspicious_looking_ungulate.jpg
10 KB, 300x295
>>879789
gee i wonder
>>
>>879769
god you're dense, just because some nationalists once raped some women doesn't mean everyone has to be a filthy globalist or internationalist. Fuck you
>>
>>879789
>ruined the economy

Because it's so easy to come out of a brutal Civil War with a functioning economy.

>threw an entire class of people into labor camps?

Bourgeoisie, kulaks, aristocrats, etc. deserved it.

>murdered the clergy

Also deserved it.
>>
>>879809
this is why communists are cancer
>>
>>879797
Of course not. They could also choose to be cosmopolitan
>>
>>879729
qt a.f. 2bh
>>
>>879859
>fascists are literally this gay
>>
>>879827
The Russian infrastructure was already falling apart by January of 1918. Half the rail-lines in the country were out of commission and the harvest was shit.
>>
>>879839
>This is what Fascists consider clever
>>
>>879633

Do you have any resources or even a quick explanation of how the economy operated?
>>
1936 civil war spain !!!
live anarchy
>>
>>879913
Honestly I think that anyone who thinks that "cosmopolitan" is necessarily a positive quality is question-begging. The urban world is responsible for most of the ills of modernity. Marxists and traditionalists agree.
>>
>>879769
>>879875
Your're both fucking idiots desu. If I raped your mom neither of you would give a shit if I was Muslim or if your mom was a feminist, it's completely irrelevant. Believe it
>>
>>879962
Most Marxists have been cosmopolitan internationalists mate.
>>
>>880083
But they generally oppose the empty, alienating, commodity fetishizing culture born out of capitalism.
>>
>>879797
But most people who use the word "rapefugee" also support Franco
>>
>>880090
This isn't incompatible with the urban or cosmopolitanism.
>>
To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty.
>>
>>879586
>Anarchist Catalonia was an oppressive dictatorship
Yes
>Just like USSR.
You mean post-Stalin right?
>>
Every fucking thing in history ended up being some kind of fucked up dicatorship, we are a history of failures to ourselves and to others.
>>
>>879586
Anarchist Catalonia was nothing like the USSR. It had freedom of association, gender equality, democratic vote.

The only people that got seriously fucked over were the clergy, but since the clergy were outright working with the Nationalists and Fascists, fuck em.

The collapse of Anarchist Catalonia (by both the Stalinists and then the final blow by the Fascists) is in my opinion one of the biggest tragedies of history.
>>
>>879744

Yes, that totally happened and is in no way exaggerated to demonise the nationalists.
>>
>>880897
>implying the side that bombed and shot schoolchildren needs someone to demonize it
>>
>>879586
>muh nuns no sources given
>>
>>879827
>See picture, it's long debunked. The revolution was an economic catastrophe and it wasn't until Stalin in the 30s when they got back to pre-WW1 levels.
Look at the picture again. 20 years on it are divided in 4 parts, giving 5 years per each, look closely and you'll see that collapse starts around 1914-1915 and the situation starts improving around 1922 which is around the time where soviets won in Russia.

Of course(lost) war on your territory and later civil war plus loosing territory(~half of Belarus give or take, 3rd of the Ukraine, Baltic states, Finland and the parts of Poland Russia had, which includes several relatively big industrial centres and very fertile land) will reduce your GDP.
>>
>>880836
Freedom of association unless it involves private property. Democratic vote as long as it's for communism. By the way, North Korea officially votes too.
>>
That flag says FAT CUNT
>>
>>880963
Freedom of sexuality unless it involves rape. Property rights unless it involves the physical needs one requires to live and to be in a position to own property. By the way, Pinochet wasn't as bad as the CNT-FAI just putting that out there even though I say i'm an ancap.
>>
>This whole thread
>>
>>880981
Would you please rephrase that? I don't understand what you meant.
>>
>>880990
I wouldn't expect you to
>>
File: wew lad.jpg (136 KB, 972x552) Image search: [Google]
wew lad.jpg
136 KB, 972x552
>>880981
>Pinochet wasn't as bad as the CNT-FAI
>>
File: 1458171690651.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1458171690651.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>880996
I was being sarcastic but this is an actual opinion held by proprietarians
>>
>>880998
>tfw you spout memes daily and you're directly responsible for this image
>>
>>879710
>Implying that the privatization of property isn't the very antithesis of freedom
>>
>>880998
Are you an anarchocommunist?
>>
>>881092
I guess so, I'm an anarchist without adjectives but because of what Peter Kropotkin said about it not really being possible yet to calculate the amount of labour it takes to do or produce something I lean more towards communism than other economic systems.
>>
>>880981
>Property rights unless it involves the physical needs one requires to live and to be in a position to own property
What does that mean? What physical needs?
>>
>>881124
obviously if you die of starvation you aren't in a position to own property
>>
>>881008
It's actually the definition of freedom.
>>
>>880836
>gender equality
Blantant lies, there is always physical inequalities that will always exist
>>
>>880090
>empty, alienating, commodity fetishizing culture
Everybody seems to prefer this culture to any other. Maybe it's not as alienating and empty as it seems.
>>
>>881923
>freedom
>defined
>>
>>879656
Old Joe
>>
>>879809
>deserved it
better be trolling
>>
>>882028
>Implying modern people don't know any better
>Implying people across the west don't mention an increasing feeling of isolation/disconnection
>doped up on drugs and tv
>>
>>879710

Private Property wasn't abolished. Being a libertarian communist was volunteer thing and they voluntarily went into the collective communes if

>le church

The Church were cheering for Franco and supporting the nationalists in every way. Plus, they were one of the many enemies of the Revolution, along with great capitalists and oligarchic landowners, so they were, rightfully, treated like enemies of the people.

>>879744

Not so fast when Madrid withstood from the very beggining until the very end of the war and defeated Franco's armies in the 3 times they tried to take it in 3 major battles.
>>
Where would one who wants to live as an anarchist go today? mexico? turkey?
>>
>>882028
This. Commies, please go live a jolly propaganda reel life on some miserable kolkhoz and leave the rest of humanity alone as we advance to new heights of technology and personal comfort in successful capitalist nations, please.
>>
>>882028
Confirmation bias: the post.

People don't choose to be part of the capitalist culture.
They don't choose to be raised up on years and years of state-sponsored social conditioning (literally the first thing they'll admit about school in any sociology class regardless of teacher or institution). A people who "prefer" such a society don't need to be conditioned.
They don't ask to get rammed down a pipe of a grossly oversaturated job market where their passions and skills play next to no role in what career they end up in. People who "prefer" such a society would not consistently be burdened by unemployment and career dissatisfaction.
They don't choose to spend a 3rd (if not more) of the time in their adult life working unproductive jobs for the most meager wages their employers could legally get away with. People who "prefer" such a society would be always content in their position and would be happy living on the perpetual edge of abject poverty.
They don't choose to be bombarded with media exposure that will always be establishment biased and will spend more time trying to sell the person something rather than actually deliver meaningful content. People who "prefer" such a society don't need to be told again and again to consume that which they do not need while glossing over the problems of the world, society, and communities around them.

They don't choose this existence because it is what they like and what is best for them. They choose it because all other alternatives have been sold to them as nonviable or nonexistent through all manner of misguided justifications and misinformation.
>>
File: 1446766895134.jpg (26 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
1446766895134.jpg
26 KB, 400x462
>>883036
>t. NEET
>>
>>883081
Yes, because obviously I MUST be unemployed and some manner of "dirty rotten parasite sucking from the teet of society." How else could I have ANY qualms about said society and how its operation is entirely divorced from the needs and concerns of the people within it.
>>
File: communism2.jpg (78 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
communism2.jpg
78 KB, 640x480
>>879624
>>882521
/thread
Good posts, thank you.
>>
>>883036
Education is, by necessity, a type of indoctrination or conditioning.

You cannot successfuly educate people about mathematics, physics, biology, etc without indoctrinating them into a mindset. Furthermore, education generally has the role of preparing people for society which means indoctrination into a mindset.

The issue isn't whether or not it's indoctrination, it's whether or not it's worth it (spoiler alert, it is) and whether or not the way we are doing it is ideal or is feeding into a mindset that we do not want in our society.
>>
>>883143
I see what you are saying but don't overestimate the influence of education. The rules of the game lie in language and ideology itself. School is just one but not THE deciding factor.
>>
>>883143
Yes, but one of the problems (among many) in the current educational system is that the influence on said resulting mindset for the students is not a decision of the society that those individuals will be entering into. Instead, it's organized by the state (through public schools, and operated by an institution which statistically shown to be uninfluenced by the stances of the people they govern), religious authority (through religious schools, which honestly instill values that I can say from experience do more harm than good if the goal is to prepare an individual for larger societal integration), or corporate interests (through other various private schools, who have interests in defending their own existence through systems that put more power and capital into their own hands).

The question is really a matter of whether the forces that influence us through our education (among other sources of ideological influence) are beneficial to us in strengthening conditions that appease the self-interest of the greatest number of people. In virtually all cases through current institutions, the answer to this question is no, no it does not: it serves various facets of the elite instead.
>>
>>882521
>Plus, they were one of the many enemies of the Revolution, along with great capitalists and oligarchic landowners, so they were, rightfully, treated like enemies of the people.

>when the forces of reaction massacre the forces of revolution though they're evil inhuman monsters

The only good Red is a dead Red.
>>
>>883253
>>
>>883253

>t. enemy of the people
>>
>>879586
What does that flag say? Fat cunt?
>>
>>883220
What you are saying fits in

>whether or not the way we are doing it is ideal or is feeding into a mindset that we do not want in our society.

It has to do with how we organized our society in the end; which is admittedly poor.

>
The question is really a matter of whether the forces that influence us through our education (among other sources of ideological influence) are beneficial to us in strengthening conditions that appease the self-interest of the greatest number of people. In virtually all cases through current institutions, the answer to this question is no, no it does not: it serves various facets of the elite instead.

Again, the way we organize out society dictates these things.
>>
>>880963
>Freedom of association unless it involves private property.

No shit. You're saying "HURR COMMUNISM DIDN'T WORK BECAUSE IT DIDN'T ALLOW PROPERTY RIGHTS"? That's the fucking point.
>>
>>882767
You actually think this is going to go on forever? The world is reaching the limits to growth that have been coming for a long time. Billions of people are going to die.
>>
>>883856
It's an infinite universe faggot
> guise, this time Malthus was right, I'm sure of it
>>
>>884765
>he thinks we're actually going to expand into the universe
>techno-optimists

kek
>>
The only real innocent victims of the CNT-FAI were the Church desu.
>>
>>884896
>the Church
>innocent

wew
>>
>>884900
I know that nobody's truly innocent, but the church didn't do anything.
>>
>>884778
So you've been wrong at every previous point in history. I'm sure you are correct this time.
>>
>>879624
Saving this as a new pasta.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.