[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm going back to the gym next week and need your historical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: training.jpg (127 KB, 490x321) Image search: [Google]
training.jpg
127 KB, 490x321
So I'm going back to the gym next week and need your historical advice on how to become a legionary.
How did they train, where do they put they main emphasis while doing so?
Should I go for fitness or more muscle?
legday everyday for marching? mainly upper body for stabbing barbars?

Teach me /his/panics
>>
>>877897
They trained with heavier fake swords and shields than what they would actually be fighting with in order to build up muscle strength.

A big part of the reason the Roman Legions kicked ass training wise was that they could carry everything they needed themselves. Every soldier was a pack mule.
>>
>>877897
My friend swings around a sharp cold vintage claymore for upper body exercise.
>>
>>877897
Ruckmarch all day everyday.
>>
>>877897
They teleported behind their enemies
>>
>>877897
You may find some answers here, though they're more focused on medieval-renaissance martial arts:

>>>/asp/1054314
>>
>>877897
Start running 30 miles in a day wearing sandals carrying a sword, tent, wooden stake and shield and then you might have an inkling of what being a legionary was like. Plus having to build a fortified camp every single day.
>>
>>877897
It's like moving your body non-stop for at least 16 hours a day
>>
File: romandeployment.jpg (118 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
romandeployment.jpg
118 KB, 1024x682
>>878187

No. Airlifted.
>>
>>877897
Cringed
>>
>>877897
>barbars

well worded, my son. well worded.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.