[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where was life better in the mid '30s?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
Germany, Soviet Union or the USA? Where would you rather live and why?
>>
>>873666
USA because in a decade the other places are shit and in a decade they will be even worse
>>
>USA
great depression
>Soviet Union
great purge

ergo, Germany (as long as you're not a jew)
>>
>>873697
Without any knowledge of future, 30s German would be my choice too.
>>
>>873728
>>873697
>the economic crisis never hit Germany
People were literally eating their cats.
>>
>>873666
the US
>>
With no knowledge of the future I would choose the Soviet Union for two reasons: I'm Jewish enough to be fucked in Germany, and the Great Depression would make it seem like laissez-faire capitalism has no hope of recovery.
>>
>>873685
50s to 70s Russia was a comfy place to live, assuming you'd survive through the famines of 32, the purges of 37, the second world war, and the famines of 47.
>>
>>873685
I think OP means a scenario of each country in the state it was at that particular time.
>>
Blue eyes, blonde hair, tall. Basically Hitlers wet dream...
Das Vaterland prolly (granted ofc. no knowledge of things to come)
>>
Even during the depths of the Great Depression America had a higher standard of living than experienced in Nazi Germany at it's height.

People underestimate just how wealthy America was compared to Europe.
>>
>>873697
> great purge
The chance of getting involved in purges was less than 1%. I.e. mostly irrelevant, unless you are in the Party or a political activist or have enemies among the high-ranking Party members.
>>873812
> famines of 47
That's less than 2 million people affected (i.e. "starving") even by the most pessimistic calculations. Hunger in Germany (1946-1947) was worse.
>>
>>873666
America.
I don't have to learn a new language that way, its still reasonably comfy, and I can be a complete jew and invest in aircraft and manufacturing stocks in time for WW2.
>>
Case in point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BPPzILlXbk

>>874456
> invest in aircraft and manufacturing stocks in time for WW2.
Provided you are sufficiently wealthy.
>>
>>874315
Could you give some concrete examples? Was it easier to buy a house, for example?
>>
>>874474
OP didn't say anything about not bringing stuff with you.
I just empty my bank account, buy as much gold as possible, go back in time, sell bricks for period correct cash, reinvest.
>>
File: playing commie zombies.jpg (246 KB, 835x773) Image search: [Google]
playing commie zombies.jpg
246 KB, 835x773
>>873758
maybe the beginning, but germany had been in a depression since like 1922, and hitler was good for the economy
>Germany, Last name is Schumacher and I'm rearing for an ayran girl
>>
File: lenin facepalm.jpg (34 KB, 600x395) Image search: [Google]
lenin facepalm.jpg
34 KB, 600x395
>>874498
> OP didn't say anything about not bringing stuff with you.
Patents, man. Why would you care about gold? Get as much data from the future as possible, if that's an option.
>>
>>874052
Too bad you'd freeze to death while running from the Slavic hoards.
>>
>>874549
faggot
>>
>>873666
>usa

>two totalitarian shitholes

Yeah I'll go with USA
>>
>>873697
You do realize the great depression was worse in germany than the USA, right?

Before Hitler fixed the economy it took several kilos of currency to buy your groceries.

source: Grandparents were german citizens until Russia took berlin.
>>
>>874550

>oh no, he retorted my post, better call him a faggot

Nope. Back to /pol/ sucker.
>>
>>874504
>hitler was good for economy
stop with this shitty meme already, public works were needed to stop people in regions like silesia to die from starvation
>>
>>874573
>two totalitarian shitholes
Three
>>
File: libertat.jpg (41 KB, 617x861) Image search: [Google]
libertat.jpg
41 KB, 617x861
Spain
>>
USA. How is this even a question.

The rest are totalitarian shitholes
>>
>>874444
>That's less than 2 million people affected (i.e. "starving")
Kill yourself you piece of shit communist apologist. Seriously. Just go and die.
>>
>>874632
>The rest are totalitarian shitholes
so is america
>>
>>874609
>its a shitty meme
nah it happened cunt
see>>874599
>>
>>874632
> USA. How is this even a question.
Great Depression wasn't pretty, you know.
>>
>>874646

Not that guy, but at least he's refuting with some numbers and stuff, whereas you're just being insulting. Why don't you return to /pol/ where you can have some intelligent conversation?
>>
>>874549
Slavs were allied with Hitler, only shit mongols were against him.
>>
>>874651
good meme
>>874668
by the mid-30s FDR has already put the economy back on track. Even so, a USA in recession is still miles ahead of both commie and nazi failed states.
>>
>>874747
>Commie and Nazi failed states

Which is why one conquered Europe a few years later and the other Commied half of it.
>>
US is objectively the only correct answer.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.