[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone recommend any good historical documentaries on Netflix,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: History Channel Stats.jpg (41 KB, 494x399) Image search: [Google]
History Channel Stats.jpg
41 KB, 494x399
Can anyone recommend any good historical documentaries on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, YouTube, etc. It is so hard to find anything good.
>>
what period?

2003 The First World War is on youtube
it is the best ww1 docu out there probably
>>
Any period
>>
>>869315
Thanks, I'll check it out
>>
BBC's Cold War.

If you've got a spare 24 hours it's a complete rundown of everything that happened from 1945 to 1990. It's all on Youtube.
>>
There's "Living in the French Revolution and the Age of Napoleon" on Amazon.

It's just one lady sort of pacing around a room and talking (except for a few maps or pictures here and there) so maybe a bit boring, but it's pretty informative and detailed, giving a more or less complete overview from the Old Order to the aftermath of Waterloo.
>>
history of britain by simon schama
>>
>>869400
I'll check it out, thanks
>>
>>869380
I'll check it out, thanks
>>
File: 1458532836589.jpg (1 MB, 2526x1855) Image search: [Google]
1458532836589.jpg
1 MB, 2526x1855
>>
>>869315
Watching this now, pretty great. They do a good job of highlighting standout commanders.

>"Von Kreul rushed directly at the best trained riflemen in the world. So deadly was the fire of the British professionals that the Germans could not believe they were not up against machine gun. The dead piled up"

The Germans literally gave a medal to the soldiers survived.
>>
>>870777
Fake. Read Forward into battle
>>
>Implying aliens aren't historical
>>>/pol/
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.