[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you suggest that failing countries escape the legitimacy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
How would you suggest that failing countries escape the legitimacy trap.
>effective governments need legitimacy
>Legitimacy is brought about through effective government
>>
Solicit arms and money from the US or Russia.
>>
legitimacy died in 1789
>>
>>867875
Doesn't solve the issue at all
>>867877
Every nation deals with legitimacy, a government is only as powerful as its people let it be. If no one has listens to a government it is not a government then.
>>
Is this a real problem in political science? You can have a legitimate government that doesn't work very well. Democracy as an alternative to other forms of government are often defended for this very reason; it may not be the most efficient but it provides legitimacy since everyone has a say in it.
>>
become a de facto puppet state of russia or nato or china
>>
>>867890
It helps your faction occupy the territory which in the long run is all you need for legitimacy.
>>
>>867892
Democracy doesn't work when the winners use it as a tool to empower their "tribe" and don't say every counrty does this cause its not true. Legitimacy is an issue for any government type if people don't believe a government will fulfill it's promises they will give it much less support. Also legitimacy doesn't make a government effective but to be effective governments need to have legitimacy in a decent portion of the population
>>
>>867910
To a degree but a mlitary only options can be very unstable and prone to coups and strong men taking what they can.
>>
a legit government is simply one that is recognized by international elements, namely the un or nato. Obviously they will only recognize governments that comply with them and play into their interests
>>
>>867922
I was not clear I meant legitimate in the eyes of the population. Poor choice of words on my point.
>>
>>867921
We are presupposing a failing system seeking legitimacy, in this case the actor probably IS a military coup. Even if they are not, every government benefits from arms and money, not just juntas.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.