[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pre destination in Calvinistic Christianity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1458284063977.jpg (877 KB, 1544x1440) Image search: [Google]
1458284063977.jpg
877 KB, 1544x1440
I've started to learn about pre-destination and that Jacob and Esau, Cain and Abel are examples of how some a chosen to be saved whilst others are doomed.

How does this work with the message of the Gospel?

As I am living my life I see no meaning and its a tough world with no comfort.

Religion, especially Christianity seems to offer a solution but what are your experiences?

Is religion ultimately the salvation even if superficial to a better life?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limited_atonement
>>
You don't need to believe in the teachings of a 0BC snake oil salesman to work out where you stand in the world and why it might not be as much of a devastating shithole as you perceive it to be, i'd recommend a lot of philosophy instead if that is your drive.
>>
>>867050
>How does this work with the message of the Gospel
The mistranslated and misprinted abomination some protestards use agrees with everything, according to your needs.
>>
You have to be the best christian you can be and have faith Jesus will save you

God set our fates in motion before we even existed

And our job as humans is to love, fear, and obey

People are born sinners, and the overwhelming majority of filthy non believers will suffer for all eternity while we laugh and sing the glories of God nonstop forever
>>
>>867155
>People are born sinners, and the overwhelming majority of filthy non believers will suffer for all eternity while we laugh and sing the glories of God nonstop forever
So people who have never heard of Christianity are sent to Hell? God created some souls for the sole purpose that they be tortured eternally?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.