[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nietzsche and masturbation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: Nietzsche.png (353 KB, 461x633) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche.png
353 KB, 461x633
Why would somebody like Nietzsche, the faggot who didn't drink alcohol because it nulled pain, and put it equal to Christianity as such, be fine with masturbating like his doctors said. (they thought his illness was due to fapping, but their autism isn't the subject)
>>
>>865831
You ever tried to write a book with blue balls?
>>
>Diogenes of Sinope: When scolded for masturbating in public, he said "I wish it were as easy to banish hunger by rubbing my belly."
basically this
>>
>>866648
This, while it should be done in private the body does instinctively crave a sexual release.
>>
He's always been what I would call a Neo-Stoic in that he believes in the power of humanity and utilitarianism. He realizes that sex is a natural desire and sees the usefulness of rubbing one out. Alcohol and Christianity numb pain that humanity needs to face in order to face reality. The pain of not fapping is not a necessary pain and therefore is not needed. You could make the same argument for hin wearing clothes: the pain of going naked outside in the cold is not a necessary pain.
>>
>>867610
>He's always been what I would call a Neo-Stoic in that he believes in the power of humanity and utilitarianism

You have literally no clue do you?
>>
File: 1456856297429.png (9 KB, 509x151) Image search: [Google]
1456856297429.png
9 KB, 509x151
>>867610
>He's always been what I would call a Neo-Stoic in that he believes in the power of humanity and utilitarianism.
>>
>>867630
>>867622
Pls no bully I haven't read Nietzsche in years
>>
>>867633
Fair enough, but tbqh, he hated the Stoics, and he really didn't consider morality to be rational at all, because he considered morality to be something man can create himself if he has enough willpower.

As he says in The Genealogy of Morals, the valuable in man isn't that he values some thing, but that he has the ability to value things.
>>
>>867610
>humanity
>utilitarianism

I don't know which one of these he hates more.

Anyways Nietzsche was actually not 'fine' with masturbation, he thought it ruined your creative impulse. But he was careful to say that for everything but alcohol and Christianity, this was just his opinion (and he even admitted that his hate of alcohol was his opinion too, but a strongly held one).

I think it was in Twilight of the Idols or the first two books of Zarathustra that he wrote that some people are fine with celibacy, but those who are lustful should find good outlets for their lust because if you don't let your lust express itself in women, it will express itself in your mind.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.