[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ethnic Clusterfuck zone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Old World.png (808 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Old World.png
808 KB, 2000x2000
Is it just me, or do cases of like 5 different ethnic groups bordering each other in the same small area happen in a line across the old world? Europe, Middle East, South Asia, and South East Asia. Along this line, you get ethnic groups up to a certain level of diversity, but not quite Africa levels. Above it is large swaths of Russian and Chinese ethnicity, South West of it is an entirely Arabic North Africa, so this area truly is where the amount of "peoples" gets ridiculous. Does anyone have any idea why this happens?
>>
This is some terminal level of autism.
>>
>>865753
Man, I tried to find a relevant image to the question, but not many of them really showed what I was talking about. I was just trying to make some guide to whatever the fuck I'm saying
>>
>>865733
It depends how you view ethnic groups.

If you apply the same rationale to the whole world, then it's basically like that everywhere on the planet except the supercolonised countries.
>>
>>865777
Hmmm, I guess you are right. But one thing that seems consistent about these areas is that is more objective is religious splits. Europe is split between 3 different sects of the same religion, along with some Balkan Muslim-Christian splits, Middle East is generally split between Shia and Sunni Islam, then India has like 4 minor religions in their country, dominant in some areas, and Southeast Asia has both Islam and Buddhism in the same general area.
>>
>>865788
You're just unaware of the level of fragmentation of religions globally.

There are more movements than that in Islam. Buddhism isn't monolithic. Etc etc.
>>
>>865799
I suppose.

I think I realized the answer to my own question anyway, a lot of the areas that are very homogeneous tend to have been in some sense colonized by other peoples. Arabs took control of North Africa, Russia conquered a large section of Asia, etc. So I guess it's kinda like the New World in that way.
>>
>>865808
North Africa isn't ethnically uniform.

There are many different groups.
>>
>>865812
Oh I'm aware, but I find it a bit hard to deny it's just a bit less than some areas like Europe where there are 3 different religious sects, one of which is divided even further because Protestants aren't really unified, 15 mutually unintelligible languages at minimum, and generally all the people there claim a seperate identity.

North Africa certainly isn't ethnically uniform, but comparitively to some places, it is pretty similar throughout.
>>
File: click internally.jpg (15 KB, 268x300) Image search: [Google]
click internally.jpg
15 KB, 268x300
>>865733
>Europe, Middle east, South Asia, and South East Asia
>certainlevel of diversity but not quite africa level
You mean most parts of the world is not homogenized nationally? Of course most of the time that's the case. Nationalism was just century old for most parts of the world.
>>
>hey /his/ why is the middle east is in the middle
>>
I'm not a liberal or anythibg but you have a very Eurocentric view of world ethnicities.
>>
>>865846
Well, it's less that I have a given viewpoint of it, as I am not really dedicated to this viewpoint, I was just casually looking at maps and noticed a strange trend. I wanted to learn a bit more about how these things work, so even if it was wrong, I decided to post it so I could learn what is right. In a sense I'm tricking you guys into teaching me cool things.
>>
>>865854
You don't need to trick us.
>>
>>865885
I dunno, usually when I just post a thread asking for information politely, no one replies. People are much faster to correct people, which they view as a threat to the intelligence of /his/, than to give free information to a stranger.
>>
>>865854
Fair enough. I took a course on this so I could go on and on about world ethnicities and cultures, but it's late here in the grand ol' USA so I'll give you a bit of a guideline.

Cultures develop largely due to isolation. In ancient times, even something like a small river could seperate a group into two distinct peoples. Northern Africa, though desertous, is still able to sustain people, and the mountain ranges and hotter areas of desert only prove to be more boundaries to split the ethnic people of Africa over time. When the Arabs spread there in relatively recent times, the older people groups moved to the edge of the Sahara, but didn't die off. Norther Africa still holds its diversity, as well as Western China (read about Uighurs, Taijiks, and the Turkic people in Ürümqi whose name I forgot).
Basically, Europe is perceieved as condensed because they contributed more to modern history. This is particularly true if you were educated in a European-based country (Europe+America, Canada, South Africa, Aus+NZ, etc.)

You should take an anthropology course.
>>
>>865733
the clusterfuck area is known as silk road and crossroads of civilisation, basically the area where different ethnics and cultures interact . of course it will be a huge clusterfuck, its where Western, Mesopotamian, Indian, and Asian civilisations clash with each other
>>
CENTRAL ASIA IS *THE* ETHNIC CLUSTERFUCK ZONE PAR EXCELLENCE.

All those Altaic Speakers are indo iranian altaic mutt halfbreeds
>>
>>865733
caucasus and balkans
>>
>>866809
>Altaic

You can only post on this board if you don't believe in discredited linguistic theories from the 60's
>>
>>866823
I dont give a shit its still a bukakke of ethnicities.
>>
>>865733
its because these are and have been the best places to live in the old world therefore many ethnicites will and have competed for the land
>>
>>865733
Because every migratory group in history followed the same routes due to geographical constraints.
Some of them settled and/or raped into the native population.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.