[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is escapism morally wrong? If yes, then why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: cocoa.png (102 KB, 431x280) Image search: [Google]
cocoa.png
102 KB, 431x280
If our empirical perception of reality is questionable, if not mistaken or even completely wrong...

If what I see, taste, feel, believe, if these things I call real and objective are merely a product of eletronic signals going forth and back across my nervous system - a product of my imagination...

Then why shouldn't I, acknowledging this sad, inevitable truth, use my imagination to, instead of trying to comprehend and interpret this uncertain reality with the so called empirical senses, imagine for myself a reality where I'm happy?

>matrix.png
>>
>>863153
>eletronic signals
If you don't understand biology you shouldn't be making appeals to biological reductionism. If you imagine yourself happy you'll become happy. There's no ontological gap here. Just stop whining.
>>
File: 1432695821536.jpg (11 KB, 249x243) Image search: [Google]
1432695821536.jpg
11 KB, 249x243
I'm just tired of reality.
>>
>>863153
Escapism is fine if you're fine with it. That said, why did you ruin a perfectly good FF game with an anime girl?
>>
>>863153
>humans are made of stuff and get things wrong sometimes so welp guess there's no point to living

Faggot
>>
>>863153
From psychological side of things:
Escapism is only fooling ourselves, if you have problems you have to solve them otherwise they'll keep nagging you again and again.

Like you know, Steve has problems in his marriage so he spends too much time at work, he's more nervous anyway so he fucks something up and gets fired, then he rans away to the bottle etc. etc. etc. slippery slope.
If he'd straighten his way with his wife(or divorce her and stand anew, depending on situation) he would end on "Steve had problems in his marriage but he solved them".
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.