[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long till they'll be in full communion with each other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1455678237519.jpg (105 KB, 736x720) Image search: [Google]
1455678237519.jpg
105 KB, 736x720
How long till they'll be in full communion with each other again? My money is 200 years.

>Lutherans are in communion with Catholic Church
>>
>>861057
It's happen before, but those goddman turks break them up.
I say 100 years.

>Lutherans are in communion with Catholic Church
Wut?
>>
>>861072
Francis heavily implied that Lutherans can take Communion with Catholics back in November of last year

http://www.religionnews.com/2015/11/20/pope-francis-say-lutherans-can-take-communion-catholic-mass/
>>
>pope hunchbacked
>mah nigga Barty rocking the angelic pimp cane
>>
>>861092
>Francis stressed that it was not his place to give permission for Protestants to receive Catholic Communion, and that differences on doctrine remain.
>But he noted that “life is greater than explanations and interpretations,” and he cited his own experiences in which Protestant friends said they also believe in the “real presence” of Jesus in the Eucharist.
Yeah, nah.
>>
>>861057
It will have to be a miracle or one church will have to say that it's wrong. I can't see any way of getting around the issue of papal authority.

Lutherans are not in full communion with the Catholic church, only Catholics are allowed to take communion at a Catholic church.
>>
Assuming Lutheranism purges itself of shit like women priests and stuff, how long would it take for Lutherans and Catholics to enter full communion?
>>
>>861072
>those goddman turks break them up.
Actually it was this fucker
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_of_Ephesus
>>
>>861398
>only Catholics are allowed to take communion at a Catholic church.
Orthodox also are allowed to commune with Catholics by the Catholics, but not by their own church.
>>
>>861398

Look up the declaration of Ravenna. Framework exists in Orthodoxy for the Pope to assume the leadership role the Ecumenical Patriarch currently holds. The only thing the Pope has to do is formally convert himself and his church to Orthodoxy.
>>
I would prefer it if the Patriarchate of Rome and the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople would sort their shit out before 1000 years of Great Schism.

Wishful thinking, I know.
>>
>>861092
Man, I get really confused about this Pope. He reportedly saying one thing then it was actually another. Some people say that the words get lost in translation, if that is true then they should fire their translators because this shit is fucking confusing.

>>861965
Well in the end they wouldn't have achieved it without the support of the Sultan.
>>
>>862401
It's his shtick. He loudly says something that appeals hard to non-Catholics, then the church comes out and quietly "clarifies" the statement to retract it. The populace hears the appealing thing and has a good impression of the Pope, but aren't paying attention to all the individual church retractions.

It's a great PR strategy.
>>
>>861398
>It will have to be a miracle or one church will have to say that it's wrong.
They agree on most things. Say "we have found an acceptable form in which the Bishop of Rome can exercise his prerogatives as protos".
Melkites are always helpful with their gadfly proposals, even if they are silly.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoghby_Initiative
>>
File: 1457569300538.jpg (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1457569300538.jpg
9 KB, 250x250
>>861057
>retards think this shit is going to be relevant in 200 years
>>
The only thing that would proc a "full communion" among Catholics and protestants would have to be some huge religious revolution. The only thing I can think of is If every Muslim was a sleeper agent and activated at the same time.
>>
>>862401
>Man, I get really confused about this Pope. He reportedly saying one thing then it was actually another. Some people say that the words get lost in translation, if that is true then they should fire their translators because this shit is fucking confusing.
>>862407
>It's his shtick. He loudly says something that appeals hard to non-Catholics, then the church comes out and quietly "clarifies" the statement to retract it.
Vid related:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEchg1KhmTY&t=8s
>>
>>861057

>Protestants
>Mormons
>Jehova Witnesses

>Christians

No.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.