[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you like to live forever?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Who wants to live forever.jpg (74 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Who wants to live forever.jpg
74 KB, 500x500
Hi /his/, this is my first time posting here. Today I was discussing the topic of immortality with some friends of mine, and someone came up with the question: if you were given the chance, would you like to live forever in a young body, with the possibility of rejecting your immortality at any time? We pretty much all agreed it'd be nice to extend one's own lifespan indefinetely, but living forever would eventually become a curse, especially after all your beloved ones died.

So, what would you do if you were given that chance?
>>
>>854188

All human beings live forever, in one of two eternal destinations, and all human beings pick the one they end up in.
>>
>>854188
Yes, many people spend their entire lives preparing themselves for their death. If can choose when that is, you can be certain you are ready.
>>
Why would any of us ever want to be a 40 millennium old virgin?
>>
>>854188
>So, what would you do if you were given that chance?
I'd take it. Simply because no one else has experienced eternal life, may as well be the first to try it out.
>>
>>854188
>living forever in your physical prime with the option to end it should you grow bored of immortality
This isn't even a question because there are no drawbacks.
>>
>>854198
God is le dead
>>
Without inevitable death, life is pointless.
>>
Yes, I'd accept the proposal.
I don't have anyone who I really love except for one person and she doesn't age at all.
>>
File: 1457002922445.jpg (41 KB, 599x577) Image search: [Google]
1457002922445.jpg
41 KB, 599x577
>>854335

>implying life isn't pointless anyway
>>
>>854188
I'd say yes.

Concerning loved ones, are you presuming that the immortality is a one time offer, given only to you?

Likewise are you foreclosing the possibility of rediscovering the trick over the course of eternity?

Because given enough time I'm sure that which was done before could be done again. And one's loved ones need not be or even stay dead if death may be defied.
>>
I would love to live forever, provided my quality of life didn't change. Living forever in a box would suck ass though, but I suppose we are all trapped inside ourselves.
>>
>>854188
No drawbacks. At least irrevocable immortality and negligible senescence have drawbacks to make the questions interesting.
>>
>>854647
Yeah but if you're immortal why not just put shit off until tomorrow, or the next day, or the next one again, or two centuries later. You'd just stagnate.
>>
>>854823
I would kill the fuck out of the normies.
>>
>>854860
You'd just have to wait, which is the problem. You don't have to do shit and you eventually won't.
>>
>>854866
But if you had no fear of death, you would have no fear of combat either. You could become a king by your own merit, or just a cool war hero.

Sounds epic desu senpai.
>>
Yes. Better to step into insanity than into death.
>>
I think I would feel too guilty about my family and friends not being immortal.
>>
>>854188
Death is the ultimate failure. So yes, I would always choose immortality. If you vare immortal, you can basically do and get whatver you want.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.