[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Glorified cheerleader.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8
File: Joan_of_arc_miniature_graded.jpg (2 MB, 980x1482) Image search: [Google]
Joan_of_arc_miniature_graded.jpg
2 MB, 980x1482
Glorified cheerleader.
>>
>>85161
Pretty sure you can find plenty of ''heroes'' in history who were actually over-glorified just to inspire others.
It's the symbol that matters, this is what moves the people.
>>
>>85161

More like glorified chicken tender.
>>
No, she took an active part in leadership after Orleans.
>>
Threadly reminder she was likely raped
>>
>>85604

Yeah, the British were cruel and horrid. The suffering she endured at the hands of the British and their puppet pope only makes her seem more heroic.
>>
>>85161
Thank you, I like this meme and will perpetuate it
>>
>>85641
>and their puppet pope
Bishop.

>>85442
The Duke of Alencon certainly agreed that she took a commander's role, and had a canny eye for artillery.
>>
>>85355
More like glorified chicken farmer

Because she's good at raising a few cocks
>>
Did Joan d'Arc ever find out about Gilles de Rais' crimes?
>>
File: MLK.jpg (13 KB, 310x233) Image search: [Google]
MLK.jpg
13 KB, 310x233
>>85161
Glorified preacher
>>
File: Harvey-Milk.jpg (22 KB, 250x323) Image search: [Google]
Harvey-Milk.jpg
22 KB, 250x323
>>85790
Glorified politician
>>
>>85790
>>85850
Again, it's the symbol they represent that truly matters
>>
>>85684
>a canny eye for artillery

Can she get more perfect?
>>
>>88416
She's probably autistic
>>
>>85161
Just the kind of misogyny I expected on the new /HIS STORY/ board
>>
>>85684
>The Duke of Alencon certainly agreed that she took a commander's role, and had a canny eye for artillery.

Jeanne d'Arc never really had men under her command, unless just before she was caught by the Burgundians as she was leading a troop of three hundred italian mercenaries.
And she probably didn't know shit about artillery either
>>
>>88718
0/10 put some effort into it
>>
>>88740
I don't know why people try so hard to cast her as some great warrior: isn't being a hugely influential prophet who rose from humble origins to shape the course of European history enough? People overlook everything that was genuinely extraordinary about her and focus on whether she could or could not use a sword with any great proficiency. It's painfully dumb.
>>
>>88743
True, but it's normal that such a person is embroiled in legends. She actually was a bold fighter, not that she fought well but since she was so convinced of her mission, she would go on first line. She did in Orléans, but most of the time the real commanders would not let her fight, like in Patay.
>>
>>88873
meant to
>>88831
>>
She was backed by many prominent knights at the time, which was ultimately how she rose to power.
>>
>>88740
>And she probably didn't know shit about artillery either
It's your word against a guy that was actually there, knew her, did command the entire French army at Orleans and knew his shit about the military of the day.

I'm going with the duke on this one and not an anon on /his/.
>>
This being a weeb site and all, why haven't there been a Jeanne d'Arc anime? There's plenty of show based in 100 Years War but none about Jeanne. It practically write itself!
>>
>>85161
>Its not misogynist, its about ethics in military leadership
>>
>>88965

theres a million jeanne animes you dork
>>
>>88965
There is a manga where the MC is a mercenary and Jeanne is his waifu. She gets raped by the brits in it but he save her IIRC.
>>
>>89211
0/10 I said effort not the do the same thing
>>
>>88873
She went tithe front as a standard bearer which required a great deal of courage but doesn't really make you a fighter. I'm not trying to demean her it's just that the fascination with this unimportant particular seems odd to me. We don't do this with other great charismatic leaders.

>>88919
To be fair to anon "command" could entail any number of things. Obviously she couldn't have been an expert artillerist but she could have picked targets from a shortlist presented by experts and made other decisions of that nature. It's pretty interesting though.
>>
File: kanashimi no beradonna.jpg (28 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
kanashimi no beradonna.jpg
28 KB, 500x375
>>88965
This isn't about Jeanne d'Arc herself, but the main character is called Jeanne, it's set in the same time period and touches many of the same themes the legends of Jeanne d'Arc do. Liberty, sacrifice, rulership, power, etc.
>>
>>89252
name of the manga
>>
>>85641
It was considered an honour to be raped by an Englishman back then.
>>
>>90215
Mercenary Pierre.
>>
>>85161
Sure, but she was the cheerleader of GOD most high himself, that's breddy gud.
>>
File: jjj.png (280 KB, 321x755) Image search: [Google]
jjj.png
280 KB, 321x755
>>85161
U mad?
>>
>>85725
He started this shit after he retired, which happened after her death
>>
>>85161
>Glorified cheerleader.
t. Georges de la Trémoille
>>
>>85850
He wasn't just glorified, he was a total dick. Anyone gay, he outed them despite their protests. Guy is a total cunt.
>>
>>91079
t. Poton de Xaintrailles
>>
>>91132
>Poton de Xaintrailles
Well tried Mr Cauchon.
>>
File: john the fearless battle array.png (795 KB, 1148x1920) Image search: [Google]
john the fearless battle array.png
795 KB, 1148x1920
>>85161
>>85196
This is a pretty important function of leaders

Quite a few important battles were won or lost because a single person (king or such) was killed.

For Angelo's the battle of Bosworth is an example of a failed attempt to kill a king.

Here is another example that has 'twenty good men' in it.
Spent 9000 hours in paint for it.
>>
You mean leader?

A leader who won the longest war in Western history through brilliant intelligence, enormous courage, and selfless sacrifice?
>>
>>90911
France only won because La Hire can regen health though.
>>
>>91229
>longest war in Western history

I raise you https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Hundred_and_Thirty_Five_Years%27_War
>>
>>91282
lel
>>
File: st. peter.jpg (46 KB, 324x450) Image search: [Google]
st. peter.jpg
46 KB, 324x450
Glorified Wall-Mart greeter
>>
>>91231

underrated
>>
File: gVqNpqT.png (527 KB, 820x613) Image search: [Google]
gVqNpqT.png
527 KB, 820x613
>>85161
Fuck you m8, I'll fight you irl.
Cunt.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.