[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Roma People
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 12
File: Flag_of_the_Romani_people.svg.png (38 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_the_Romani_people.svg.png
38 KB, 900x600
Without /pol/faggotry, what can /his/ tell me about the history of the Romani? What's some good reading on their culture and folklore?
>>
>Roma thread
>Without /pol/faggotry
You're lucky if it stays at /int/
>>
>>850520
Honestly, you can't ever talk about gypsies without /pol/faggotry. People who don't know them think they're those weird fortune tellers and circus artists from Dracula movies, and people who do know them check their wallets instinctively.
>>
>>850536
>>850539
I thought this would be the case.
>>
If you can find some books of alberto angela you are good, he is an expert about ancient rome history
>>
>>850708
Roma /= Rome
>>
closest things to aryans tbqh
>>
Weirdass people from India that steal compulsively
>>
>>850689
Even in the most liberal parts of europe few people would care if you hate gypsies.
Sometimes a bit /pol/faggotry is justified, especially if the targets are people whose culture consists of xenophobia, isolation and crime.
>>
>>850520
their culture is incredibly insular and rigid, and if you're in it, you're conditioned not to give a fuck about anyone but others in your group
>>
File: Roma wall.jpg (80 KB, 595x335) Image search: [Google]
Roma wall.jpg
80 KB, 595x335
Some people go as far as building walls against them.
>>
All the stereotypes about them are mostly true
While there are succesful gypsies who cultivate their culture of singing and dancing, some are just normal people adapted to th society or some are in organized crime, absolute majority live in african conditions in countryside slums
They dont want to adapt and they wont.
>>
>>850520
>>>/his/
>>
>>851109
Kek
>>
coronoa pliss
>>
>>850520
My brother went on a holiday through europe and came back hating gypsies. Said they were dodgy as hell.
>>
Gypsies are as closest as it gets to subhuman. And i'm not joking, i really mean this. They're filthy, ugly, smelly, dumb, lazy and worthless. They shit up everything they touch, they never work and only beg or steal. Literally never contributed anything to humanity. If there is a race that should be exterminated it's them.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 200x258) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 200x258
>>851316
>>
>>851347
He's completely correct. I'm originally an Eastern Euro who's had experiences with the Gypsies throughout all my life and they're the worst example of human trash ever, I mean being poor is one thing but I seriously draw the line at shitting all over your room and thinking having sexual relations with your closest relatives is normal. Imagine every negative stereotype there is about Jews (aside from being smart and rich) and combine it with every negative stereotype there is about the Indians. That's gypsies, in real life.

I moved to the US three years ago and I've met my share of blacks, Asians, Mexicans. None of them were even remotely as awful as the Gypsies.
>>
>>851316
Who do you think we call gypsy, to begin with?

Here in Turkey, as said in many statistics, many of them are living. But, say, wikipedia speaks of them just as it speaks of French people. I highly doubt if these people have such a bond inbetween the countries. I mean they all speak Turkish here, play our songs, are adapted to our culture. I expect no less difference in the ones from Spain.

I guess these people have took a "bohemian" kind of place in history and as things have improved, they have been mixed with all other races' economically underdeveloped sectors. I don't think many of them feel or have a connection with the ones in France or Spain. Many of them are originally Turks, Arabs, Kurds etc.. whatever they used to be. They just adapted a very relaxed and non productive life style that we labeled them as gypsies who firstly happened to be labeled so and it remains so until this day.

I'm not saying Romani people don't exist, I'm just saying that I think there's a delusion about their presence.
>>
>>851462
>I expect no less difference in the ones from Spain.
You would expect wrong.
>>
>>851492
Do you think they culturally are related? Not considering their behaviours.
>>
This thread is gonna be full of racial slurs and repeated racist myths stemming from the middle ages.

tl;dr no they don't steal babies, "gypsy" is a slur, they came out of India and into Europe but didn't assimilate and much of their culture revolves around distrust of non-Roma, they have strict cleanliness laws much like the Jews, and any reason you have to hate them is just as true of any other poverty-stricken ethnic population
>>
>>851550
nobody said they steal babies
nobody cares if gypsy is a mean word
they're in poverty because of their own actions, they haven't been "stricken" by it
also don't you libs hate xenophobia? so shouldn't you hate roma culture? oh yeah, they're non-white, nevermind
>>
>>851550
Shouldn't you be off pickpocketing a tourist right now?
>>
>>851550
The parents legit encourage their children to steal rather than mingle with non-Roma I can assure you, having spoken with them.
>>
>>851563
>also don't you libs hate xenophobia? so shouldn't you hate roma culture? oh yeah, they're non-white, nevermind

Nowhere in that anon's post did he say that he liked Romani or their xenophobic culture, dumbass. You don't have to like something to defend it from unjust accusations. I wouldn't expect a /pol/ack to understand human compassion, though.
>>
>>851550
Gypsy is not a slur. It's a term they applied to themselves.

>also gipsy, c. 1600, alteration of gypcian, a worn-down Middle English dialectal form of egypcien "Egyptian," from the supposed origin of the people. As an adjective, from 1620s. Compare British gippy (1889) a modern shortened colloquial form of Egyptian.
The Gypsies/Romani themselves used to claim to be from Egypt.

But I guess you absolutely need your comfortable and safe victim narratives to keep the PC offense treadmill running, huh? Bugger the facts.

>and any reason you have to hate them is just as true of any other poverty-stricken ethnic population
Again with the bargain bin narratives for PC pseudo-history that gives you safe black and white answered that don't demand much thinking.

This sort of manufactured cop out might at least be a decently defensible position that could not be definitely resolved with another ethnic group. But unfortunately the Romani have a heavy presence in Eastern Europe during the Communist era. The Communist Romanian government did more to try to shatter Romani poverty than any weak reformist liberal could ever dream of. With the full force of a secret police and a bureaucratic class that only vaguely cared about the feelings of non-Gypsies citizens they went max Stalin in forcing FREE schooling, FREE housing, FREE healthcare, relocation and mixing to better areas in Romania to FORCE integration and dispel mutual prejudice, omnipresent anti racist propaganda, merciless hard ass police that would smash a persons face in if they didn't take their free university and wanted their kids to go the "traditional" route of begging and stealing, etc. Still wasn't enough. If that's not going to save them then nothing in your idiotic, weak kneed PC wails is going to help.

The truth is far more horrifying and complex than you dare imagine. There is probably no group more hopeless on earth other than the Roma.
>>
>>851550
>myths

Out of curiosity, where are you from?
>>
>>851550
Have you ever wondered if their cultural practices contributed to pervasive poverty amongst the roma?
>>
>>851633
Human compassion should be reserved for humans, not gypsies.

The other posters are correct. NOBODY likes the gypsies. It's not just distrust or xenophobia, it's flat out physical revulsion.
>>
>>850520
That is one of the ugliest flags I have ever seen. What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
File: king of the gypsies.jpg (90 KB, 1475x906) Image search: [Google]
king of the gypsies.jpg
90 KB, 1475x906
>>850520
I heard they have a king but I don't know if it's a meme or anything.
>>
>>851803
It's a meme. It's a historical title but it's usually just attributed to whomever ultimately collects the protection money.
>>
>>851550
The mafia is also innocent
>>
File: puke.jpg (34 KB, 312x312) Image search: [Google]
puke.jpg
34 KB, 312x312
>gypsies
>>
File: indian-flag-graphic.png (10 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
indian-flag-graphic.png
10 KB, 450x300
>>851782
there´s definitely a connection
>>
File: Kompania Michella.jpg (66 KB, 570x594) Image search: [Google]
Kompania Michella.jpg
66 KB, 570x594
Hey folks, American Zingaro Romano here.

>>850536
Fingers crossed

>>850539
>People who don't know them think they're those weird fortune tellers and circus artists

But to be fair, those professions, along with horse husbandry/ferrying are major parts to our culture. My family is STILL circus, and I myself have spent most of my life as a professional clown and sideshow performer.

>>850938
>>851316
>>851093
>>851706

Gypsies are to Romani as Niggers are to Black people. They are the worse of our people

>>850956
This is sadly true

>>851462
>>851492
>>851538

This is an interesting point.... As Romani peoples settle in a specific region, they adapt local customs, intermarry etc. This makes different Romani nationalities quite different. I, for example, come from Zingari stock: South Italian Romani. Our culture, language etc is a good deal different from say, a Spanish Cigani Rom.

>>851550
>>851563
I have to say, this thread has been very civil so far.

>>851676
To most of us, its a slur.

>>851695
Centuries of being a nomadic people in a period where people from the next county were considered subhuman... Yeah, it forced an interesting development.

>>851803
>>851827
the only gypsy king is the band.

>>851855
Yeah, but that was almost 800 years ago. We got into western Europe through Italy in the late 14thC/early 15thC
>>
>>850520
indians who wanted to shit in europe
>>
>>851875
Wait... you're really a clown? Like legit IRL?
>>
File: 1452369004316.png (78 KB, 221x223) Image search: [Google]
1452369004316.png
78 KB, 221x223
>>850520
>Roma
>people
>>
It's basically systematic child abuse to raise children the way they do in many of their camps. But you know, "that's just their culture".
>>
>>852012
Yes. Barnum and Baily graduate. My main act is traditional sideshow though.

>>852073
Gypsies =/= Romani.
>>
>>851608

>rather than mingle with non-Roma I can assure you, having spoken with them.

Gypsy detected
>>
>>851875
>Gypsy tripfag

Oh lord.
>>
Gypsies are literally the most inbred people in Europe if not the entire world. Cousin marriage is common and even a man having children with his sisters, aunts and daughters is not something unheard of.

So the reason they're absolute scum certainly is genetic, although not exactly racial. You can't screw your sisters for 1000 years and turn out a decent human being, it's just not possible.
>>
>>852121
They would be, but

~30% of Gypsies marry their first cousins.
55% of Pakistani people marry with their first cousins.

I'm not aware of any peoples that could rate higher.
>>
Being a non-rom traveling performer myself, I can say that if I've met one, I didn't realize it but, then again, I'm American; so, maybe I just don't know what to be looking for.
>>
>>852189
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg4SvAvYNYI
>>
>>852189
Im also American, but you'll also notice that integrated Rom are pretty damn normal. The fucked up, backwards and inbred goat fuckers who are all hung up about how we're "half breeds" will eventually either become "The Hills Have Eyes" style mutants, or die from genetically predisposed conditions.
>>
>>851875
I got lost on my way towards /tg/, I didn't expect to see you here.

Who am I kidding, that would explain why you have so many neat images
>>
File: IMPERIUM ROMA.jpg (67 KB, 532x358) Image search: [Google]
IMPERIUM ROMA.jpg
67 KB, 532x358
IMPERIUM ROMA

ALL SHALL FACE CONQUEST
>>
when the mongoloid turks had been the enemies of the pashtuns for centuries ever since the mongol armies first came to land of uzbekk-afghan. these mongol turks eventually found a way into the indus valley. in the indus valley there was gold, lots of it. the temples were filled with them and so were merchant bazzars and martial forts. whenever the mongol turks would defeat an army, they would ransom prisoners of war for gold. when the gold finally ran out the had to look for other property.

the south pf punjab and the sindh provinces of pakistan are still mostly populated with very low caste people. many of there people are almost unmixed with aryanic stock and appear like majority of indians or even sometimes aboriginals of australia. even today these lands are rules by a small minority of aryanic tribes from the punajb and baluch lands. as opposed to western feudal lords, these are feudal tribes where everyone shares the spoils. the sindh province of pakistan is like a mini india. the reason i mention all this is because most of the stereotypical gypsy phenotypes comes from this lands. there is no much written history and I can only make educated gusses from what little is written down and from my understanding of the cultures of land of indus river.

when the gold and wealth had run out, the mongol kings demanded tribute in the form of feudal slaves. in the eyes of mongols the rajputs that they fought somehow owned these people like sheep. so now that the rajputs had run out of gold, silver and desirable possesions, they must hand over their chattell humanoid property as ransom for rajput prisoners of war. also this was not alwyas the case. sometimes the mongols would not ransom some rajputs and turn them into their slaves and sometimes the rajputs leaders had nothing to give in ransom and so all the prisoners of war were turned into slaves. i suspect the mongols had the same policy with the pashtuns as well. but it is difficult to know.
>>
>>851875
Do you think there is any noticiable difference between EU and US Roma?
>>
>>851347
>edgeville for hating gypsies
I really hope people so out of touch with reality like you get enriched really hard.
>>
>>853198
these mongols also took over romania. so that there was a link between the uzbek and the romanian mongol kingdoms. somehow the slaves made their way to romania and then to rest of europe. over time these mongol overlords were defeated in european lands and they ended up either mixing with the slaves they had brought with them, becoming part of the roam, or mixed with europeans. i am sure not all the slaves were used for the same thing. the martial race ones would be used for war making and such as well. something similar happened when the anglo conned people from south asia and took them all over africa, south-east asia and west indies. even then the anglo treated people differently due to difference in caste and culture.

the modern day roma are not all descendants of the very low caste races of the indus. they are mixed with mongols and other poor europeans as well.
>>
>>853206
>All Europeans fucking hate gypsies
>Americans don't know who they are
Well gee, I wonder.
>>
File: 1452251859389.jpg (160 KB, 600x709) Image search: [Google]
1452251859389.jpg
160 KB, 600x709
>>850728
>Roma /= Rome
>>
My mother used to work closely with them, as head of the Immigrants and Nomads Office in my city, and always complained about them. They don't work, live in dirty as fuck encampments, steal from everyone in the area where they camp, attack policemen and theme feign ignorance. They manage beggar rackets and black market shit.
I think that from an evolutionary standpoint they are a success. They prosper in the worst possible conditions and can adapt to anything. They're basically hunter gatherers, only they hunt mostly your wallet and gather railroad copper.
>>
>>853242
Like rats?
>>
their "culture" varies from country to country
tribal ppl actually
so youll have to be specific and read about specific folklore of them

i really wish they could just fuck off back to india
1 artist doesnt justify the rest of their copperstealing organized crime type of society
>>
>>853248
Rats that behave like a wolf pack
>>
How can you evaluate gypsies without /pol/faggotry if their entire culture is literally built around begging and thefts?
>>
>>853846
The problem is as Clownfag said: the Roma who intergrate are overshadowed by their degenerate cousins.

Its like the problem with Muslims: you have people who are Brit/American/German who happen to be muslim... Then you have to filthy sand niggers who expect you to cater to their shit culture.
>>
>>853879
>the Roma who intergrate
Whom you can never see in their natural habitat, and they would have been pretty damn noticeable, being brown and all.
>>
>>853879
The Gypsies who integrate are like 5% of their population at most and they even go lengths to change their name and deny their ethnicity.
>>
File: dominikamirgova.jpg (136 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dominikamirgova.jpg
136 KB, 1920x1080
>>853905
Some of the higher caste Roma can look white-ish, pic related.
>>
>>853905
>>853916
Cigani look pretty much like every one from Spain. Gropes just looks Italian from his larp pics. The brown ones are the inbred ones.
>>
Where do the so-called "Irish Travellers" AKA Pikeys fit within the Gypsy/Roma spectrum? Are there any cultural/ethnic correlation, or are they just a uniquely British phenomenon?
>>
>>850929
Imagine being a culture that even the Indians rejected
This is what Romani people are
>>
>>854159
In the UK you have Irish Travellers who are descended from tinker families, Irish navvy teams who travelled in their 1000s during the 19th century following canal and railway work plus the ones who come from the old travelling families from after the last big plague. Some will have also gone on the road during the famines. You also have Gypsies, not related to Roma, they speak Romnichal or Kale if in Wales and these are proper clan families with rules and laws like the Roma, from these come diddlo's and pikeys who are people who have married outside the clan system or are descended from people who have done so. Many of these spent generations as hop and fruit pickers travelling the harvest up the country.
>>
>>852112
Senpai I hate those people, I've lived in Greenland too but that doesn't make me an Inuit.
>>
>>850520
http://www.iranicaonline.org/articles/gypsy-i
>>
>>853879
>German who happen to be muslim

Not even our liberals belief that.
While blood and soil has become a deregorative term connected to a kneejerk reaction about the evils of nationalism here, people still adamantly attach the idea of being german to having a mostly pure ancestry even tho the media tries its best to shill against that and make the "muslim german" a thing.

Fact is, even a totally integrated turk whois an atheist will be called a turk, or if more thoughtful a turk-german by most people, lefties included.
Dont discriminate the turk!-(not the muslim german)

Sure, native converts exist (radical salafis usually) but these often dont consider themselves to be a part of german culture anymore.
>>
>>850520
Daily reminder that Hitler did nothing wrong to the Roma
They genuinely deserved it
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.