[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true that nobody in America respects you unless you come
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 505x302) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 505x302
Is it true that nobody in America respects you unless you come from money or make it big?

It seems that America has an unforgiving view of class.

Asking here because /pol/ is garbage.
>>
>>849454
No one cares about anyone.
>>
>>849459
this desu
>>
People suck up to other people with money or power hoping to get a cut, it isn't genuine respect
>>
>>849459
>>849466
/thread
>>
>>849459
Pretty much this.
>>
>>849459
This.
>>
>>849459
Why then is society so shitty and indifferent?

Is it because American style capitalism breeds dog-eat-dog egotistical radical individualism?
>>
>>849606
it's the same way in yurope too, look up law of jante
>>
Less so than England. England has a deeply ingrained idea of class. America cares less about about old vs new money. Obviously if you have money then you are a big deal, like any other place. But it's less about how one acts or who one's family is. It's more about merit in the US of A. Entrepreneurs are respected and trust fund babies aren't.
>>
You only care about yourself and maybe your immediate family.
If you are particularly empathic you might care about your clan or tribe.
Unique rare people have enough empathy to be true humanitarians and care about all people everywhere.

So in general the random stranger in the big city doesn't give a shit about you.
>>
>>849454
America has an unforgiving view of class.

Depends on where you are and what you do.

I grew up in what could be best be described as as a slum. Yet people from my area were well respected as a whole due to an almost fanatical sense of work ethic and drive. In nearby towns others were derided for not doing shit but waiting for welfare and handouts.
>>
>>849841
If poor can be respected in America then America doesn't have an "unforgiving" view of economic class. It sounds like respect is at least somewhat based on the fiber of individuals rather than solely on money.
>>
>>849454
if you work hard you're respected.
>>
>>849695
You just described every human everywhere. But that isn't relevant.
>>
File: America-03.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
America-03.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
>>849915
God I love America.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.