[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PICK A SIDE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 7
File: maxresdefault.jpg (127 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
127 KB, 1280x720
>>
File: 1404346124799.jpg (116 KB, 1200x1385) Image search: [Google]
1404346124799.jpg
116 KB, 1200x1385
>>
>>844528
Hamilton. Holy shit this isn't even close.
>>
>>844528
Hamilton is such a boring fuck holy shit, reading the federalist is a yuge pain in the ass. Madison is the real nigga
>>
>>844528
Jefferson of course even though he turned out to be a hypocrite.
>>
Adams.
Jefferson's heart and Hamilton's brain.
>>
>>844528
Hamilton. Jefferson didnt know shit about economics and was all about "muh farmers republic" because that's the only social order he knew, notwithstanding the fact he owned blacks and bred with them kek
>>
Both had their faults. Jefferson was god-tier writer and intellectual but was an incredibly hypocritical and somewhat detached from reality, while Hamilton had a great sense for the nitty-gritty shit and was realist and practical as fuck but had a bit of a loose screw.

It's funny how both of those characteristics are typical of American political culture in general: on the one hand you have the wide-eyed idealists who are true believers but incredibly unpractical (Rand Paul on the right, Bernie on the left), on the other hand you have the realist assholes who are devoid of all ideology but can get shit done (Hillary on the left, GOPfags on the right).
>>
>>844582
>Adams
>heart
>>
>>844559
>unironically supporting a Presidency-for-Life
>unironically supporting Senators-for-Life
>unironically supporting federal appointment of governors
>unironically supporting rewarding speculators in Hamilton's clique at the expense of Revolutionary War veterans
>unironically supporting the Bank of the United States
>unironically supporting whiskey taxation
>unironically supporting the Sedition Act
7/11/1804 best day of my life
>>
>>844612
Well Hamilton planned a coup before being fired by Adams. Good riddance.
>>
>>844612
Trump=Hamilton, to the letter.
>>
>>844652
Except that Hamilton actually understood economics, whereas Trump is so incompetent that his real estate investments underperformed real estate index funds.
>>
>>844652
>>845302
I've told you faggots this five times already today and I'm not going to stop doing it.

>>>/pol/
>>
>>845310
To reiterate what he said

>>>/pol/
>>>/r9k/
>>>/rdt/
>>>/whatevershitholeyourefrom/
>>
>>844536
This fifty million times, holy shit
>>
>>844528
Hamilton. Jefferson was basically the first populist with his >muh farmers
>>
File: 1450689757675.png (735 KB, 1023x800) Image search: [Google]
1450689757675.png
735 KB, 1023x800
>>844536
>>845332
>>
>>845334
>populism is bad

wew
>>
>>845357
>populism is good
>>
>>845357
>populism is good

wew
>>
>>845357
desu it is. Berniefags and Trumpfags are threats to the republic.
>>
>>845357
Populism is as American as deep fried apple pie son, love it or hate it.
>>
>>844528
Jefferson, is that even a question?
Hamilton was such a pussy, he let his own rival kill him in full public view.
>>
>>845381
Like most other uniquely american things, it should be ignored
>>
>Implying they had actual ideologies

Jefferson was southern gentry, Hamilton was a New York Financeer. Everything they did was to help their own class.
>>
>>844536
>he was kewl and badass therefore he was the best
>>
>>845310
Oh come on, he opened the door by making the comparison, I'm just pointing out a significant point of divergence between the Hamilton and Trump.
>>
>>845302
>hamilton
>understanding economics
When will this meme end he read a book about mercantilism and gibbered out "i like that"
>>
>>844625
Excuse me, are you Aaron Burr, sir?
>>
>>845751
That depends, who's asking?
>>
H A M I L T O N

One of the greatest minds of his time.
>>
>>844528
Hamilton pulled bitches like a muhfugga
>>
>>844625
This. Even other federalists thought he was out there
>>
>>844528

Shouldn't this be Burr vs Hamilton?
>>
>>845563
You're both fucking faggots. Participating in political debate here means you should be posting on /pol/. These are simply the rules. Please, for the sake of this thread, just follow them, or I'll start asking you how free college would be a net boon for society.
>>
>>844528
Jefferson
>>
>>845760
>One of the greatest minds of his time
So was Jefferson.
>>
>>845302
Hamilton put incompetent toadies in charge of banks and important military logistics programs because only his cucks would work with him willingly.

Sounds like a Trump to me.
>>
File: thomas-jefferson-55-71-45.jpg (67 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
thomas-jefferson-55-71-45.jpg
67 KB, 850x400
>>844528
Jefferson.

First president in with a vision for the future
1. abandoning patents for the free exchange of information,
2. abandoning slavery for a nation of landowners given their land by the government if necessary to achieve that end,
and
3. abandoning banking derivatives in favour of sustainable growth.

Hamilton
>muh roman empire
>hail caesar
>1776 AD = 0006 AD
>banking and pissing off our sister republic in France...what could go wrong?
>>
File: Steam_engine_in_action.gif (127 KB, 630x410) Image search: [Google]
Steam_engine_in_action.gif
127 KB, 630x410
>>844528
Hamilton: hey you know the urban centers have been getting bigger and new methods and means have been making manufacturing more profitable. Let's focus our economic policy that way.
Jefferson: No No no! That's Bad! Manufacturing is bad as are cities! America should be a land where everyone is a small farmer. Now that's what I call freedom. Now if you excuse me I have some slaves to fuck!
>>
>>846046
Hamilton: Lets own people's livelihoods instead of people's lives.

Jefferson: Necessitous men are not free men. Anyone who owes his survival to another cannot vote his conscience and instead elections will be bought and sold by the wealthy.
Give em land! Make them independent! Only then will they be free.
Liberté, égalité, fraternité!
>>
>>846046
Implying Jefferson's ideal society isn't what every sane man really wants. A piece of the universe to call his own and to be left the fuck alone by the government.

>>846092
How did Jefferson plan to end slavery without infringing on the rights of property owners? The burning question.
>>
>>846167
Probably by realizing the overarching principle of self ownership requisite for his ideal of Property Rights (based upon John Locke) including everyone, including the imported blacks.
>>
>>846185
But anon, that's the specific reason it's 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' and not 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of property'
>>
>>846185
Poor bastard would've cried if he ever saw the South secede over it.

>>846274
Property is happiness, commie.
>>
Both had positives and negatives. I fysion of the two that is concerned with the common man and believes in a strong central government is best. Plus thinks slavery is evil.

TLDR: John Quincy Adams is best.
>>
Why does it matter the Constitution and Washington murdered the revolution.
>>
>>844528
Hamilton represents the best of American idealism
Jefferson represents the worst
>>
>>844528
Man, I wish those two were the candidates rather than Clinton and Trump
>>
>>846516
All revolutions tends to eat themselves. That is unless, as my one of my old history professors was fond of saying, the true revolutionaries "...are taken out behind the woodshed and and shot behind the ear."

The whiskey rebellion, Paine shipping off to France? These are all symptoms of the Revolution dying and the United States' birth.
>>
I always get the philosophy of Hamilton and Madison confused. Is this right?

Hamilton
>Strong central government
>Industrial economy
>Legislature > Presidency
>Interventionism

Madison
>Rule of law
>Democracy uber alles
>Mixed economy
>Political parties are dangerous
>Presidency > Legislature
>Isolationism

I just remember that they were both federalists.
>>
this is too political for /his/
>>
File: jefferson states.jpg (58 KB, 472x668) Image search: [Google]
jefferson states.jpg
58 KB, 472x668
>>844528
Jefferson was legitimately autistic and it's so clear from his writing
>Muh farms
>Muh citizen armies
>Muh virtue

He basically wanted the US to be a Utopian state based on his misconceptions of Rome
>>
>>844652
In what way?

I see zero similarities other than both of them being wealthy New Yorkers. Trump barely has ideology, as the man is driven almost entirely by self-interest
>>
>man who was an amazing president and authored the declaration of independence
>vs a fucking meme
>>
>>846583
>an autist who got pulled along for shits and giggles
Vs
>one of the most intelligent and visionary thinkers in realpolitik since Machiavelli
>>
>>846609
>"academic" discussion board

>autist thrown around as an insult
>>
>>846167
>Implying Jefferson's ideal society isn't what every sane man really wants.
Given that the trend has been to urbanization for the past two centuries that's a crock of shit.
>>
>>846575
>tfw live in based state of Adams
>muh longleaf pines
>>
>>846619
He put his bed in the hallway so no one could get into his room ffs
The man was the definition of autism
>>
>>846632
>Given that the trend has been to urbanization for the past two centuries that's a crock of shit.

>Tax codes designed to decimate the middle class (the citizen farmers)
>Government-funded cultural wars on traditional family units
>Massive & complex land taxes and regulations
>Welfare state completely dominates cities, lulling citizens into a government-subsidized stupor

It's exactly as >>846092 put it. The government owns the means and the entryway to the means of production. And so they force citizens (READ: votes) into cities so they can be more effectively controlled and monitored.

Jefferson was a genius. You're the crock of shit.
>>
>>846651
So much bullshit in one post
>>
>>846655
So much ignorance in one post.
>>
>>846555
Hamilton was Presidency > Legislature he literally wanted the office to be for life and have sole war declaration powers.
>>
Hamilton and Federalism pls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNFf7nMIGnE
>>
>>844625
>implying you shouldn't pay back your creditors and paying back people whose property you have confiscated
>>
>>844536
>populism
>spoils system
Nah.
>>
both have their strengths, but jefferson
>>
>>847862
What's the best biography of Jefferson or Jackson (desu I get them mixed up sometimes).
>>
>>844528
>muh agrarian utopia
>muh yeoman ideal
Jefferson is a faggot
Hamilton4lyfe
>>
>>847873
take your pick:
http://pastebin.com/VLjJ85qL
>>
>>844612
>GOP
>Getting shit done

The literal opposite I'm afraid. Those guys have basically been laying down on the railroad tracks since Obama was elected.
>>
>>847844
>implying the state is obligated to honor unconscionable contracts
>>
>>845302
completely wrong

>Occupy Democrats shared an image that said if Trump had taken the money he got from his father and simply put it in a fund that tracked the S&P 500, he’d have $8 billion today. While it's true that Trump got a leg up from his father on the order of many tens of millions of dollars, this specific claim suffers from a key flaw.

>The only way to hit the $8 billion mark is to start with $200 million in 1982, and it's wrong to say that was Trump's father's money. While the father's business put Trump on the path to have $200 million in 1982, Trump himself had been running the company for eight years.

>We rate this claim False.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/dec/09/occupy-democrats/occupy-democrats-say-simple-investment-trumps-fath/

trump supporters annoy me, but that's not to say that many of his detractors don't come off as spouting empty narrative and soundbytes themselves
>>
>>849263
Liberals lie. It's all they do. All day, all night, lie, lie, lie.
>>
>>845302
and also, your understanding of investing is a bit embarrassing
>>
>>844536
better
>>
>>848670
>implying that anyone lending you money and being expected to repay is unconscionable
>>
>>849263
Well if politifact is saying that what liberals say is a lie, then it's definitely a lie.
Anyone have the pic that shows how politifact blatantly favors liberals over republicans? The that has ted cruz having "pants on fire" because he said people want to have boys who are trans in the girls locker room, but they said it was a lie because "transgender boys are actually girls."
>>
>>849311
What lenders were wiped out, besides none of them? Revolutionary war veterans who had been paid in debt instruments were in severe financial distress and were selling at well under 50% of face value. In extremis sales like these at prices sharply divergent from market value are ruled unconscionable all the time. The United Sates had no legal or moral obligation to reward IOU speculators.
>>
>>849523
A lot of the men who financed the revolution died broke. A lot of them. When they said they were willing to give their all, they weren't kidding.
>>
>>844528

Jefferson. Macaroni and cheese everyday, niggers.
>>
>>846609
>realpolitik
>dying in a pointless FUCKING duel
>>
>>849349
That pic got debunked by /his/ about a week ago.
>>
>>849627
Excuse my question but why is /his/ in the business of debunking contemporary political media bits?
>>
>>849272
And republicans don't? You're as much a partisan hack as the other side desu
>>
>>849523
Lol they were free to sell their bond instruments. The only reason the price was low was because no one knew if the United States would repay them at all.
>>
>>849555
Nobody was proposing to default on loans made directly by major financiers to the government The debate is over military pay IOUs that were traded on the private market afterwards.
>>850068
>they were free to sell
That has nothing to do with unconscionable character.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.