[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did Reagan democrats come from?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Reagan-1980.jpg (66 KB, 507x318) Image search: [Google]
Reagan-1980.jpg
66 KB, 507x318
Where did Reagan democrats come from?
>>
>>843273
He was a fucking horrible president that baby boomers worship. The first thing my mom told me 2 Sundays ago when I got home from work was that Nancy Reagan died and I could see that she was actually crying over someone that she never knew or did something of good virtue.
>>
>>843356
It's not as bad as the fact that she probably cried when Princess Diana died.
>>
>>843384
Nah, it was much worse when she cried over John Lenon.
>>
>>843356
>>843384
>>844825
>DUDE I DON'T HAVE FEELINGS AND AM BETTER THAN CONSERVATIVES L M A O
>>
The same place Trump Democrats are coming from. They don't like the far-left shilling that's gradually pushing the liberal party further to the left, so they go for the Republican who comes out of nowhere as a protest against a broken party.
>>
>>843356
probably more nostalgia and a sense of getting old than anything
>>
>>844860
No actually we swapped to Trump because we hate Hillary/the establishment and got berned out in the primary
>>
>>843273

The southern states at the time still had large numbers of Dixiecrats who would vote for moderate republicans, similar to Rockefeller Republican.
>>
>>844852
>not crying over some shit president's wife who you've never even met means you have no feelings
>>
>>844860
>Democrats
>anywhere near left enough
>>
Worst presidents:
1. Wilshit
2. FDR
3. LBJ
4. Regan
5. Truman
6. H.W. Bush
7. Obungo
8. Bush jr.
9. Clinton
10. Huey Long
>>
>>845989
>Making fun of your mother on an anonymous imageboard because she was sad that an icon from her youth was dead
Not many excuses
>>
File: 1427243431856.png (63 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
1427243431856.png
63 KB, 2000x1500
non american that cant be arsed into american politics here

what did Reagan even do? all I've hear is that he is either the best president ever and the worst president ever with little to zero explanation about anything that was actually done by him
>>
>>846699
muh deregulation
muh Sandinistas
muh Iran-Contra
muh "literally preventing a hostage situation from ending to make my political opponent lose an election before swearing to uphold the Constitution as President"
>>
File: image.png (34 KB, 206x200) Image search: [Google]
image.png
34 KB, 206x200
>>846650
>Huey long
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.