[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you believe there is a supreme, powerful being out there,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: 1488636799.jpg (52 KB, 391x478) Image search: [Google]
1488636799.jpg
52 KB, 391x478
Do you believe there is a supreme, powerful being out there, not necessarily The God in Abrahamic religions ?
>>
>>841290
Yes
>>
Voltaire believed that too, he was not a christfag though.
>>
>>841290

I believe in Jupiter/Jove.
>>
If there truly is a supreme being out there it's likely an alien from another Galaxy. I wouldn't name that a God.

Of course,the tale of a being that gives a shit about human existence is believed to be false.
>>
>>841290
Nope.

I would consider some undiscovered cosmic happening that completely changes our understanding of the universe, something that makes quasars look like rain drops.
>>
File: image.png (48 KB, 767x184) Image search: [Google]
image.png
48 KB, 767x184
>>841290
Yes, but the supreme isn't far away and out there.
>>
A powerful alien god
>>
>>841290
a divine craftsman is more pausible
>>
>>841290

Yes, although I would hazard to say that its objectives are unknowable.
>>
>>841290

Korbish the Giant Pineapple made the Universe.
>>
>>841290
> being
that'd be the word which pushes me the furthest into the "no" category
>>
I wouldn't be surprised if there is some great powerful intelligence out there that had a material impact in shaping the present state of some aspect of the universe. I don't necessarily actively believe in one, but I wouldn't be surprised if one existed.
>>
Doesent matter since it wont affect my life.
>>
File: Matrix-Morpheus.jpg (27 KB, 500x303) Image search: [Google]
Matrix-Morpheus.jpg
27 KB, 500x303
What if our entire world and our galaxy is just a toy of an alien kid, which his parents gave him as a gift for his 7th birthday party ?
>>
Possibly. Theism is sensible

Some being that created the universe or just the world, but doesn't particularly interfere or care, in the manner of an artisan.
>>
>>841290
The God of Abraham said there is none like Him, so no.
>>
>>841290
I believe in sort of Lovecraftian "beings"

They may exist as in almost other dimension, something vastly superior to human in any metaphysical sense, but that does not mean they not might be hostile to humanity itself. Whole galaxies filled with some ectoplasmic organism that might be more advanced than anything man can dream
>>
>>843533

Spoke to Him did you?
>>
>>843571
Yes.
>>
>>843533
His mother Sophia rebuked him
> "You´re just an uppity demiurge and I´m putting your silly creation behind a veil....oh and those beings you made, I did something to them"
>>
>>843619
GNOSTIC GET OUT
>>
>>841290
Why should I believe such a thing OP?

I don't have any reason to.
>>
>>843647
It's quite possible and interesting thing
>>
I wouldn't have been so vague, but the image in >>841462 is essentially correct.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.