[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yi shun shin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: 2016-03-14-19-15-36--145125218.jpg (7 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-14-19-15-36--145125218.jpg
7 KB, 183x275
Admiral Yi

Was he a meme admiral
>>
>>836063
The Last Hwan
>>
>>836072
hol up
>>
How bad was that recent korean movie about him tho
>>
>>836228
its probably my favorite movie
>>
>>836141
HYU SAYIN
WEI WUZ
CHANGZ 'N SHEEIT?!
>>
LEAVE OUR ONLY MILITARY HERO ALONE
>>
>>836228
Corny. Like any other historical Korean movie.
Only good Korean flicks are horror and some gangster flicks.
>>
File: 1455233644698.png (64 KB, 316x947) Image search: [Google]
1455233644698.png
64 KB, 316x947
>>836072
>Last Hwan
>>
>>836356
WE DEM BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
all i see are memes amd dreams
>>
>>836063

One of the few historical figures that make you think everything is over-exaggerated and it's too good to be true, but after further research, it was not exaggerated.

10/10 admiral 2cool4school
>>
>>837169

Yeah, don't take the recent movie seriously. It was just a dick-flinging response made after Japan made a patriotic WWII movie that glorified Kamikaze pilots or something. I think it was called "Zero."

Butthurt from both side commence.

t. Korean
>>
>>839896
i watched zero it was pretty good
>>
>>839896
>>839905
Are you talking about The Eternal Zero or something? Is it worth watching?
>>
>>839905

I personally liked it, but I did in secret because everyone would hate me for liking it.

It just pissed off a shitton of Koreans for nationalistic reasons (Anything Imperial Japan triggers us Koreans). Our internet and tv started spewing out conspiracy theories saying a small percentage of Kamikaze pilots were Korean slaves forced to kamikaze or something like that.

The main moving force behind the creation of the Admiral Yi movie was to respond to the Japanese movie "The Eternal Zero" in an attempt to piss off many Japanese as possible.

The actual history of Admiral Yi is badass, but the movie blows that shit out of proportion. Personally, the hilariously inaccurate armor and weapon design pissed me off, but I never had high expectations for big budget movies in the first place.
>>
>>839932
i guessed that's what he was talking about
i like it, it's a basically a soul search movie + patriotism
>>839936
i watched the tv series the immortal admiral yi
it was pretty good
>>
>>839940

>Immortal Admiral Yi

Mmhmm that tv series was gold when it aired many years ago. Muh patriotism.

At least that series was more faithful to history than the movie. It was not afraid to show that Korea got it's ass completely kicked on land, while the movie tried to only show Korea's victory.

The only thing I didn't like was that the series made the Ming Chinese look like needless barbaric allies that only caused more harm than good. Ming's assistance was essential to Korea's survival (fun fact: South Korea/China relations were very sour when this series was made *hint* *hint*).
>>
Daily reminder that 95% of the >muh genius tactician titles were granted by idiotic commanders of the opposite teams.
>>
File: image.gif (38 KB, 278x217) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
38 KB, 278x217
>>840075
WHAT THE FUCK DID I SAY. LEAVE OUR ONLY MILITARY HERO ALONE

13 VS 133
NEVER EVEN STUDIED NAVAL WARFARE
NEVER LOST A SHIP
BETRAYED BY DOUBLE AGENT, ARRESTED, TORTURED, AND STRIPPED OF RANK JUST TO COME BACK FOR THE MOTHERLAND
THE OTHER GENERAL WHO TOOK HIS PLACE FOR LIKE A YEAR GOT ALMOST THE ENTIRE FLEET DESTROYED
13 VS 133

"...your servant still has twelve warships under his command and he is still alive, that the enemy shall never be safe in the West Sea."

"It may be proper to compare me with Nelson, but not with Korea’s Yi Sun-sin, for he has no equal." - Admiral Togo, Imperial Japan
>>
>>840075
kill yourself
>>
Japan won the sea battles without Yi easily and lost when he was leading as easily.

Japan would probably have done much better if the overall leader was Shimazu Yoshihiro. He didn't lose a single land battle in Korea and did better than most against Yi in the sea. He lost the battle but at least his snipers killed Yi while they were losing.
>>
>Be Shimazu Yoshihiro
>Hideyoshi died
>Konishi Yukinaga conclude an armistice with China and Korea
>War is over! Let's go home!
>Some stupid Korean ships make a surprise attack on our ships
>Fuck! They ignore an armistice!
>Hey! Sniper! Shoot that fucker down!
>RIP ADMIRAL YI SHUN SHIN

>>840209
>B-BUT ADMIRAL TOGO SAID!
You should learn about "Honne and Tatemae"(本音と建前)
>>
>>843268
Armistice was in 1609
>>
>>843268
You should write "a temporary cease-fire agreement" instead of "armistice".

>>843762
Konishi Yukinaga concluded a temporary cease-fire agreement with the Ming general(劉 綎) at 1598.
Battle of Noryang took place immedentely after an agreement.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.