[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think he got away with it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: thVNLYDV1K.jpg (13 KB, 300x270) Image search: [Google]
thVNLYDV1K.jpg
13 KB, 300x270
Do you think he got away with it?
>>
File: Im_fucking_triggered.gif (721 KB, 446x251) Image search: [Google]
Im_fucking_triggered.gif
721 KB, 446x251
>>832803
Ted Cruz has gotten away with too much desu
>>
File: jew smoke.png (51 KB, 185x181) Image search: [Google]
jew smoke.png
51 KB, 185x181
>>832803
Jew tricks
>>
File: DB Cooper.gif (157 KB, 800x444) Image search: [Google]
DB Cooper.gif
157 KB, 800x444
This is still my favourite gif on Wikipedia
>>
File: Tommy-Wiseau.jpg (74 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Tommy-Wiseau.jpg
74 KB, 1280x720
There's room for speculation, but he probably did not.

So anyway, how is your sex life?
>>
>>832803
He was never caught, so you're asking if he survived?
I read more about this case than is healthy, and the general consensus amongst law enforcement is 'no', and the general consensus amongst amateurs is 'maybe, but probably not'.
>>
>>832803

To me the assumption that he didn't survive seems incompatible with the tiny amount of physical evidence discovered on the ground.
I would explain the lack of physical evidence by saying that he took it all with him.

I do have to admit to some degree of wishful thinking on this one.

Also its fucking insane how often planes got highjacked back in those days. Which is another thing I take as indication that D.B. got away with it. There are several others who have succesfully completed the steps of getting the money and jumping out of a plane, only to be caught a few days later. It doesn't seem unlikely to me that D.B. also managed the last step of not getting caught after the act.
>>
File: Leila_Khaled_in_Damascus.jpg (39 KB, 600x445) Image search: [Google]
Leila_Khaled_in_Damascus.jpg
39 KB, 600x445
>>832969
>Also its fucking insane how often planes got highjacked back in those days.

Golden age of terrorism my man
>>
It amazes me how the FBI has literally no information on the guy
>>
>>832812
That's why I'm voting him in
>>
>>832812
That's not the zodiac killer that's DB Cooper (I think that's his name)
>>
>>832803
I recall reading that the money he got had all of the serial numbers tracked and watched for and they've never turned up again in the currency system.

If he did survive and get away with it I don't see how he profited from the whole thing.
>>
>>833159
Some of it was found.
>>
I think if he was caught, then the FBI wouldn't want to circulate a rumour that he was never found because it shows a lack of competence on their part.

If he died then I imagine evidence would be found. One possibility is that he died and somebody came across the body and the money and took them both from the search area without being found.

The best guess is that the witness' descriptions and the composite sketches don't accurately depict the hijacker, and that he planned the operation well and was able to pull it off and then retreat to a foreign country with his spoils. There are a lot of similar cases of hijackings around the same era but most were caught afterwards or thwarted during the job. It is not unreasonable to assume that DB Cooper was an accomplished criminal and managed to pull off the hijacking perfectly and get away with it scot-free.

He probably reads these threads and laughs.
>>
>>833200
In a river yeah, he didn't profit from that though.
>>
>>833159

If he was able to pull of a hijacking/robbery of this magnitude then it is not unreasonable to speculate that he had a lot of connections. A lot of rich people launder their gains, and he could have 'washed' his money through such connection, accepting a percentage less in return for the favor, and the money he stole could still be sitting in a cavity in the wall of some mexican drug lord's house.
>>
>>833209
you don't know that, he could probably spent it at the goblin market, which is also why he never appeared again, because dealing with fey folk is fucking stupid.
>>
>>833227
I admit I am not familiar with how the underground world works in regards to money and money laundering.

I always assumed money laundering was turning dirty money into clean money you earn from a business front and then you disperse the dirty money so that it eventually shows up again but has no connection to you.

I mean it's not impossible the money never showed up again and has been used in dark alley transactions or is being hoarded by some criminal like you said, it just seems strange to me it never showed up anywhere. Maybe the Fed is just incompetent in tracking most transactions.

>>833263
This is also likely.
>>
From what I gather the FBI circulated the serial numbers only to US businesses. If he managed to get out the country its quite possible he spend it without the money ever showing up with those who were paying attention to the serials.
>>
>>833733
there's an online serial number checker http://www.check-six.com/lib/DBCooperLoot.htm
>>
he died in the forest
>>
>>837699

ye but its not like some Costa Rican shopkeeper is gonna check the dollar bills he recieves.
>>
>>833733
It would have found its way back by now though
>>
>>838145
Do Feds even care, though? I don't know how it is in US law but in many countries cases get automatically closed after a period of time, especially when perpetrator is presumed dead.
>>
>>833227
The most reasonable explanation is that if Dan Cooper survived, the money ended up abroad. People from many countries use dollars as a backup of even main currency. The bills might never even return to the US.
>>
>>832803
even if he did who gives a fuck? he didnt take THAT much money he got enough to see himself out for a few years at most
>>
>>838365
>equivalent to $1,170,000 in 2016

That's plenty of money to live a good life in some Latin American shithole.
>>
>>838145

You underestimate how many dollars circulate outside of the US. Also, at this point in time very few people and businesses will be checking for it. A large amount might very well be back in the US without anyone noticing.

>>838321

He got convicted for the crime even though he didn't appear in court. So the sentence is still, and always will be, outstanding. The case is still open.

>>838365

He took an amount that would be worth over 1.6 million today. You can spend a lot of years on a beach with that.
>>
>>837704

This.

He stole a lot of money (pretty flawlessly, IMO) and then went somewhere that money doesn't matter.

Can't bribe a brown bear.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.