[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>VEE VAS KINGS UND SCHEISSE Why do Yuros think their "civilization"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: Charlemagne-Color.jpg (75 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Charlemagne-Color.jpg
75 KB, 1000x1000
>VEE VAS KINGS UND SCHEISSE
Why do Yuros think their "civilization" is so great when, for all but the past few hundred years, it was seen by the rest of the world as a violent backwater filled with retards?
>inb4 Rome
>>
Charlemagne's reign was pretty glorious desu senpai
>>
>>823819
This. If we're discounting Rome, then Europe had already surpassed the world by the Frankish empire.
>>
>>823797
because in those past few hundred years it became so glorious??
>>
>>823797

Too much memes to be able to understand your post.
>>
>>823837
If you study world history any time before the 1600s or so, pretty much everywhere else (except sub-Saharan Africa) was doing way better by a very wide margin.
>>
File: stuff.png (32 KB, 411x420) Image search: [Google]
stuff.png
32 KB, 411x420
>>823832
>HAHAHAHA FAGGOT

Welcome to world history, newfag! I'll be your guide
>>
>>823850

And cant you simply write something like that instead of
>GREENTEXT WITH SOME MEME AND SOME OTHER MEMEQUESTION
Why should I force myself first to read and then to try to understand what do you mean and what do you want to say?
>>
>>823864
>muh serious discussion, no fun allowed!!!
Reddit's that way friend
>>
File: constanza.jpg (6 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
constanza.jpg
6 KB, 184x184
>>823870
>muh memes
>in 2016
ladies and gentleman I present to you: reddit!
>>
File: 1455661496689.jpg (24 KB, 480x590) Image search: [Google]
1455661496689.jpg
24 KB, 480x590
>>823875
>criticizing someone for using memes using greentext and costanza
>>
File: conqueredbychristians.png (261 KB, 1271x845) Image search: [Google]
conqueredbychristians.png
261 KB, 1271x845
Even this map isn't complete. Japan, Liberia, Ethiopia, most of Russia, all painted the wrong color.

Only Thailand, of all the countries that still exist on planet Earth, can say it was never conquered and occupied/colonized by Christian powers.
>>
>>823898
>China totally colored in
C'mon, this is just disingenuous. Sure, opium wars, Macau and all that, but it wasn't "controlled" by Europe. Not even a chinaboo but really now.
>>
>>823898
Japan wasn't colonized or controlled by Europe though AFAIK. Closest it ever came was the US-friendly government post WWII.
>>
>>823898
>increasingly global world where global powers sought control
>europe happened to be at a height and thus made global empires
congrats
>>
>>823880
>ad hominem
>>
>>823797
You retarded son? Europe was always seen as glorious. Ancient China regarded the Roman Empire as their counterpart and thought very highly of them.
>>
>>823898

But European control was a burp in the wind anon senpai. People don't seem to remember how much land the Persians and Greeks held before it collapsed on themselves. If we look a the populations of brown and tropical nations, it's apparent that they'll eventually spill into Europe, not the other way around.
>>
>>823919
Read
>Partial European control or Influence.
Coastal China is almost owned by Euroniggers. Not to mention the court often got strongarmed by Europeans into shitty deals.
>>
>>823819
Indeed. He's from the same tribe as I am
>>
>>823919
Indeed. Japanese try to pull that in their maps of WW2 expansion. Really, they only managed to control some coastal areas.
>>
>>823941
then only the coasts should be filled in, maybe with a gradient. the rest of China would be orange.
>>
>>823797
It's not like anyone else was viewed differently during medieval times
>>
>>823919

Europeans controlled international trade, and they controlled taxation in many places. China was not colonized in the same way as India or Africa, but then no two places were ever colonized in the same way.

I guarantee you that YOU would consider your home country occupied or colonized if a foreign power has that level of control over it.

>>823926

Occupied.

>>823928

One would think if it was so good, nobody would need to be conquered to join it, or that non-Europeans would have benefited from it in some way.

>>823939

It lasts to this day in most places; unless you think tyrants in Africa are more concerned about their populace than about western foreign policy... And formal colonization lasted most of a century in Africa, and most of three centuries in Asia, and most of five centuries in America.
>>
File: jewed.gif (895 KB, 4328x2904) Image search: [Google]
jewed.gif
895 KB, 4328x2904
>>823973
Intercontinental empires have been around for 2500 years. Again, the last 500 years are merely a burp in the wind. The empires after our time will figure out where the Europeans were shortsighted, and will exercise a more permanent influence over their spheres.

Anyhow, I think we know the real winners in these petty conflicts over a blue rock in space.
>>
>>824025

>Intercontinental empires have been around for 2500 years.

Such as?
>>
>>824042
Such as read a goddamn book idiot.
>>
>>824059

Tell me which intercontinental empire lasted 2500 years.
>>
>>824066
western civilization
>>
>>824108

So your example is one that is not an empire, and one that hasn't existed for 2500 years yet?
>>
>>824190
that wasnt me, furthermore, as if ill waste effort trying to educate ur lazy ass
>>
>>824190
He said that intercontinental empires have been around for that long. Not a particular empire, or one empire. Just empires. Like "within this time span there were intercontinental empires" not to imply that all of them lasted the whole time.
>>
Why do people mix up the dark ages and middle ages?
>>
>>823797
Yes, Rome. Rome and Greece. The bedrock of modern civilization you fucking mouth breather.
>>
>>824421
yes, that was my meaning. don't bother responding to the autists though.
>>
>>823819
Nah m8, Europe was only slightly less of a filthy, violent, illiterate shithole when he died than when he came to power.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.