[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hamilton
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: hamguys.png (408 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
hamguys.png
408 KB, 640x480
what do you like or dislike about hamilton?
general discussion
>>
>inb4 dislike niggers hiphop etc
>>
Interesting concept, good music. Not sure how historically accurate it is.
>>
>>814659
its mostly historically accurate.
Alex and Eliza actually had 8 children. And the three men who first confronted hamilton about the sex scandal were not Jefferson, Burr, and Madison.
>>
>>814616

Hamilton is a surname.
So there is a plurality of people know as "Hamilton".
>>
>>814683
if you dont know, you dont need to be in this thread
>>
>>814699

Shitty thread then.
>>
>>814683
Alexander Hamilton
>>
>>814616
I hate hip hop. I think it's one of the laziest and most repetitive forms of music on the planet

I think this concept behind Hamilton is similarly a lazy and derivative concept. How many times have we seen this stupid historical "update" of stuffy old white culture to include rap music and modern beliefs about race and progressivism? I remember thinking it was a cliche when my high school did a hip hop version of Hamlet. I remember thinking it was a cliche when I saw that godawful Baz Luhrmann film. I still think it's a cliche
>>
>>814659
like any film or play or anything else based on history, it's... kinda accurate, sometimes? but almost everything has to be left out for narrative purposes
>>
>>814746
>I remember thinking it was a cliche when my high school did a hip hop version of Hamlet.

I'm sorry.
>>
File: 4vBVsjH.jpg (17 KB, 378x442) Image search: [Google]
4vBVsjH.jpg
17 KB, 378x442
>>814616
Worst city in Ontario t bh..
thats probably not what you are referring to though
>>
Musicals are phuckin gay pham
>>
Ridiculously shit city, but the University is more than decent.
>>
File: page_1.jpg (133 KB, 1497x892) Image search: [Google]
page_1.jpg
133 KB, 1497x892
So you're ridin' no L's no tags and this handsome motherfucker knocks your girl's legs off the dash.

What do you do?
>>
>>814616
making Jefferson and the democratic republicans the bad guys
>>
>>819005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTPWY8MMGOk
wtf? he is also an actor???
>>
>>818965
talking about the musical

[spoiler]fuck you, hamilton is a great city. leave the west end for once in your goddamn life[/spoiler]
>>
>>819616
I was legit shocked when I found out the main character of Hamilton was the Clipping guy.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.