[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Hawaii considered American colonization?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 7185759985_4ca849bf2d_o.jpg (101 KB, 928x774) Image search: [Google]
7185759985_4ca849bf2d_o.jpg
101 KB, 928x774
Is Hawaii considered American colonization?
>>
>>810435
America is considered American colonization
>>
>>810435
America doesn't colonize, it liberates.
>>
>>810435
Er, it's not like they had a real choice about the matter.
>>
>>810435
Why have political cartoons always been garbage?
>>
>>810435
Yes. It was only in the last century did Hawaii got taken over by the US. US has imperial ambitions, make no mistakes. Instead of us taking over all the countries, we are simply taking over the sea lanes, the air lanes and the space. The future of warfare is not about land but about control over highways.
>>
It was until it turned into Japanese colonization.
>>
>>810489
Nowadays its more like Filipino Colonization.

Guam too.
>>
>>810465

>Unironically declaring yourself to be a Leftist
>Thinking you can judge what is garbage when you yourself are garbage
>>
>>810435
Yes it was colonization in the vein of the New Imperialism period. It was also highly successful given how integrated Hawaii is nowadays. I think there is a small independence movement but it has as much influence as the Texan independence movement.
>>
File: jacksonmonster.jpg (249 KB, 1536x1177) Image search: [Google]
jacksonmonster.jpg
249 KB, 1536x1177
>>810465
Honestly they used to be worse. The huge blocks of text aside, Jackson's body has deviantart-tier proportions.
>>
>>810492
They are everywhere Tbh.
Even Arabia.
>>
File: W I N K.jpg (35 KB, 660x398) Image search: [Google]
W I N K.jpg
35 KB, 660x398
>>810462
>>
>>810608
At least they're not modern political cartoons, like whatever Horsey shits out.
>>
Yes, but Hawaii is 100x better under the US control.
>>
>>811365

Lived in UAE. Can confirm. They work most often in restaurants and food service. And they can't say the letter "F".

>Would you like some prench pries?
>>
>>811432
Thats what all imperialists say though.
>>
File: anglo stronk.jpg (156 KB, 770x533) Image search: [Google]
anglo stronk.jpg
156 KB, 770x533
It's actually retarded how aesthetic some countries end up. America's empire at the turn of the century was amazing. Continental US, Puerto Rico, Virgin islands, Cuba, Hawaii, Alaska, Pacific holdings and the Philippines..

Pic related
>>
>>810473
> only in the last century
Try the century before that, bro. Hawaii got annexed in 1898
>>
>>811727
funny to think America was 90% white at that time
>>
>>810435
>colonized by Americans
It checks out.

Also, I believe that Carthage should be destroyed.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.