[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If the 3rd Reich had succeeded, would it have been more of a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1447702329770.jpg (73 KB, 663x657) Image search: [Google]
1447702329770.jpg
73 KB, 663x657
If the 3rd Reich had succeeded, would it have been more of a "New Rome" than America is/was?
>>
not OP but bumping

germany today is europe's powerhouse. give them hegemony over the rest of europe, and given their advances in rocket development and eventual competition with USA and Russia, and they would have gotten to the moon sooner. we'd probably be 30 years ahead in the future overall.
>>
>>807816
Germany today wouldn't be contending with two hostile superpowers the way a surviving Third Reich would be.
>>
>>807816
>germany today is europe's powerhouse
ebin meme
>>
>>807778
America has no connection to Rome so it would be just as Roman as anything else. It's more comparable to the earlier Reichs.
>>
>>807816
>given their advances in rocket development and eventual competition with USA and Russia, and they would have gotten to the moon sooner.
lolno

What let the US get to the moon first was their economy, not the Germans.
>>
>>807837
whoops, meant industrial powerhouse. they make the goods the other countries dont needa
>>
File: 1456252353419.jpg (11 KB, 231x363) Image search: [Google]
1456252353419.jpg
11 KB, 231x363
>>807864
>Was economy, not the Germans
>>
>>807829
yes it would. europe is a tiny peninsula compared to north america and russia
>>
>>807864
>this nigga doesn't know about Von Braun
>>
>>807911
I live south of Huntsville. Von Braun was important but his importance is simply overblown.
I'm an aerospace engineer, I know what I'm talking about here.
>>
>>807921
No, you don't. It took the Americans years to develop the Saturn rockets, and that is with the help of dozens of nazi scientists and infinitely more resources than Nazi Germany possessed. Von Braun was the father of the American aerospace industry.
>>
>>807921
Destin plz go
>>
>>807869
>>807911
is this some type of epic meme?
>>
>>807921
>>807932
fake engineer owned
>>
File: 3949857.gif (3 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
3949857.gif
3 MB, 290x189
>>807921
>I'm an aerospace engineer, I know what I'm talking about here.
>>
>>807778
>stone
If the 3rd Reich had succeeded, you retards wouldn't use this subhuman scale
>>
>>808024
>tfw imperial for height, weight, penis and submarine sandwich measurement
>metric for everything else

feels canadian
>>
>>807952
>the truth is an epic meme
The US economy was nowhere near as important as the scientists. Compare US to USSR. They did similar things with vastly different economies.
>>
>>807778
>If the 3rd Reich had succeeded, would it have been more of a "New Rome" than America is/was?

Almost certainly. The last time a single power held hegemonic power over Europe in the same way would have been under Napoleon for that brief peak of the French Empire. It would be undoubtedly considered a New Rome and inspired a new mood on the continent.

However the 3rd Reich never really had a chance to achieve that hegemony.
>>
>>807816
You know that Man In High Castle is just fiction?
>>
>>809133
you know that you're just a faggot?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.