[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Hannibal He crossed the fucking alps when he left
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Ballassmotherfucker.jpg (1 MB, 1270x2096) Image search: [Google]
Ballassmotherfucker.jpg
1 MB, 1270x2096
Thoughts on Hannibal

He crossed the fucking alps when he left from Libya, It's like if Russia invaded America through Utah.
>>
it's not really.
>>
>>806243
more like invading the US with mexico's help
>>
>>806243
Was he black?
>>
Why did he cross the Alps? He lost his elephants, and like half his army. Seems like a pretty stupid move to me
>>
>>807092
If you count North African/Tunisian as black, then yes he was.
>>
>>807095
Try putting 60,000 men on triremes and sailing them across the entire Western Mediterranean. Not very fun.
>>
>>807109
Or he could have just walked along the coastline
>>
>>807106
WE WUZ KANGZ N SHEIT
>>
>>807106
Except he had Phoenician ancestry
>>
File: Hannibal route.png (696 KB, 779x452) Image search: [Google]
Hannibal route.png
696 KB, 779x452
>>806243
Why did he cross the Alps when he could have just gone through Egypt, Persia, and then stop at China, adjust route, then head for Rome through Russia?
>>
>>807133
The Arsacids would've just fucked his shit up.
>>
>>807133
>Why didn't Hannibal march his army on a 10 year long march through sovereign territories and steppes to attack Rome

Also I believe that Carthage should be destroyed.
>>
>>807133
This desu. Alps weren't enough, he should've gone through the Himilayas instead.
>>
>>807119
WE WUZ BARCAS
>>
>>807133
why didn't he just sail at them or invade sicily? Wasn't their navy god tier?
>>
>>807115
I believe the reason Hannibal took the inland route was to avoid the roman allies along the coast. In addition, he could convince the Gallic tribes along the way to join him against Rome, although the primary incentive for most of the gauls to join him was loot. Also, if he could effectively display the resolve he had and the means to do so to the various italic tribes in northern Italy, he could possibly get a substantial amount of other tribes to defect from Rome, to show that the republic was no longer capable of protecting them our providing for them.
>>
>>808603
Also no one expects an invasion force coming from the fucking alps
>>
>>807133
Why didn't he just ask the eagles?
>>
>>806243
He spent most of his life in Spain and the Barcids more or less had it as there own private pissing ground

He crossed the alps because rome controlled the seas after the first war
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.