[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your equivalent self like in the Roman Republic? Roughly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (149 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149 KB, 1200x900
What is your equivalent self like in the Roman Republic?

Roughly transpose your life and skillset to the era.
>>
Soldier turned scribe.
>>
well I'm decent with languages, so hopefully I get the comfy life of a translator slave, if such exists.
>>
student of philosophy, and low level artisan
>>
Well, the problem with transposing my job as civil servant to the Roman Republic is that, as far as I'm aware, they didn't have a permanent bureaucracy. People just held offices for a time.
>>
farming or something
>>
Awwwww fuck yeah engineer. As a chemical I'd probably be designing fucking sewer systems or olive oil presses, but hopefully I'd be able to switch over to being an engineer in the legions.

>>804021
Just plain wrong.
>>
Farmer probably but sculptor ideally
>>
>father came from poverty to serve with distinction in the navy before retiring in order to teach history
>mother works sales
>I followed in my mother's footsteps

None of these convert easily. I guess I'm a plebian merchant? Or would military service from my father elevate me into the patrician class?
>>
Probably a comfy middle class lawyer. The Romans were famously (or infamously) litigious so at least I'd have employment.
>>
My family breeds horses, I'd be fine.
>>
>>803975
A fat, lazy and useless son of a decadence aristocrat family
>>
recently graduated economics student, maybe a oracle or an alchemist, anything were getting lucking and guessing right makes people think you know what you are doing
>>
Studying math, so I guess I'd be calculating taxes or something?
>>
>>803975
I'm a sheik, so probably a priest of isis or some other Egyptian God.
>>
>>803975
Work at my families coffee shop so realistically id be a serving slave or literally bottom tier service industry pleb.

Such is life. Maybe id join the legion
>>
Well I'm a student so I guess a scribe under some scholar or something. Although if I was transported back to then, one look at me and I'd be sold to a brothel or some patrician to be his boy toy
>>
>>803975
as a belgian... probably either a slave or a barbarian... son of a "wealthy" tradesman probably
>>
some merchant's son who spends all day reading greek poetry and other idle pursuits
>>
I am a Patrician being fed by slaves while I have empty conversations with diverse visiting friends about the last charriot races or the newest play in the theater
>>
>>803975
Legionairre
>>
File: 1452471965196.jpg (414 KB, 1840x3264) Image search: [Google]
1452471965196.jpg
414 KB, 1840x3264
>low level chef/waiter

Idk some kind of retarded germanic slave?

>id still prefer to be born back then
>>
A shutin patricians child that seems very motivated to stay uneducated, and whos' tutor slave has practically given up.

That is, if I was in the Roman Republic. If not, savage.
>>
>>805051
>whos'
Well you sure stayed uneducated, I can tell you that much.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.