[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the difference between the Bourbons and Orleanists?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Both politically and hereditarily.
>>
Orleanists were basically "muh bourgeoisie enlightenment monarchy" while Bourbons were "muh traditionalist medieval divine right of kings"
>>
>>803756
Knew it was a bad idea to ask this in a pinko shithole. Stopped reading at "bourgeoise".
>>
>>803762
You know "Bourgeois" is a historical term that exists outside of Marxism right? It's not a negative word, it literally just describes the middle class.
>>
>>803769
Accepted, I decided to read the rest of your post.
>muh traditionalist medieval divine right of kings
Yeah, pinko shithole. Back to /r/history with you, faggot.
>>
>>803786
Yeah, what this guy says. Legitimists were just for an absolutist liberal bourgeois king.
>>
>>803786
"Bourgeois" is used negatively by traditionalists, you know.

But he's an idiot, since Medieval times didn't have divine right of kinds significantly except in Byzantium; barons and such had significant rights, and even serfs did (according to their covenant with their barons). Divine right of kings actually started as a big thing in the Reformation, to say people didn't have to be loyal to the Pope, the king was the highest authority. Ironically, the Huguenots pushed it in France, even though the king was Catholic. Elsewhere it was used (such as in England and Denmark) to make the king the head of his own church
>>
>>803786
>waaah someone disagreed with my retarded nRX nonsense

Go jerk off to moldbug.
>>
>>803809
>absolutist liberal
>>
>>803853
Napoleon III
>>
>>803858
>popular vote
>absolutist
>>
>>803863
You're American aren't you? I can tell from how the semblance of the thing is the thing itself to you.
>>
The French right-wing can be divided in three "families", according to it's origins in dynastic disputes.

The Legitimists, who supported the House of Bourbon, were intransigent reactionaries who wanted a strong monarchy that upheld it's social conservative, mostly Catholic values.

In this strand of French conservatism, you can find not only the reactionaries, but also the Action Française, the ideology of Vichy France and the National Front.

The Orleanists are bourgeois liberals who wanted a parlamentary, constitutional monarchy. Most modern day conservative parties, such as the Republicans of Nicolas Sarkozy are heirs to this tradition.

And then there are the Bonapartistes, who want a charismatic, authoritarian leader to, basically, "Make France Great Again". This strain of French conservatism was enduring, Charles de Gaulle was it's greatest representative, but like other right-wing ideologies centered around a strong state, it whithered in the 1980s with the rise of neoliberalism.
>>
>>803945
can you do the same post exposing the lefts ?
>>
>>803885
not that guy but
>popular vote
>liberal

This is the mid-nineteenth century we're talking about, liberals did not want universal suffrage the way Louis-Napoleon Bonaparte did it.

>>803945
René Rémond, I presume?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.