[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
History of East Asia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: Qin Shi Huang.jpg (632 KB, 1744x2420) Image search: [Google]
Qin Shi Huang.jpg
632 KB, 1744x2420
Hi /his/, I'm trying to find information of East Asia, specifically things about the Chinese Empire, Japan, the Mongols, and India. I also want to know a bit about different mythologies/religions as well.

I want to create a fantasy world based off East Asia, anything you could tell me would really help.
>>
I'm Hmong so I can only tell you about Hmong history.

There's not much to Hmong history.
>>
>>802860
I meant stuff about the Khans and Mongol Invasions
>>
>>802875
Yeah I figured.
>>
I am Han I can tell you very little about Chinese myth and religion

The Chinese had a few orgin myth, such as that of pangu and Nuwa etc but the most common theme is the deification of local important figures/rulers before centralization such as nezha and jiangziya

with the introduction of foreign religions and or centralized religion like daoism these types of myth characters are transformed into guardians and heavenly kings, the transformation of the folk religion combined with the centralization makes a single narrative and this became the formation of the daoist pantheon
>>
As with most things, there is nothing specific about the entire histories of Japan, China, Mongols etc

What sort of thing did you actually want to know
>>
>>802917
The creation of the Chinese Empire, the construction of the Wall, hoe these cultures interacted with each other, ect. Just basic stuff like that.

I also want to know about how Buddhism affected East Asia.
>>
>>802860
Hmong history.

live in SEChina and SEAsia, get oppressed, have to wear black clothes.
>>
The first Chinese Empire in a proper sense was the Qin Dynasty (pronounced Chin by inferior barbarian tounges) 221-206 BC. That guy was mental though, murdered a whole bunch of people, built a bunch a terracotta soldiers and died, leaving his shit heir to lose him his empire.

Yet there had been thousands of year worth of Dynastic rule in the areas around beijing and Xi'an. One thing that you shoulf probably know about is the mandate from heaven
>>
File: striped-outfit-collage.jpg (1 MB, 1200x780) Image search: [Google]
striped-outfit-collage.jpg
1 MB, 1200x780
>>802980
We got embroidery though.
>>
>>802936
Buddhism spread in the SW from India, then they stabbed out the eyes of Taoist sages, and then stabbed the eyes of Confucian scholars, before getting tossed like dumplings and remaining a large folk religion. Happy end.
>>
>>803002
So does China and fucking everywhere else. Your embroidery looks like it was designed by a 12 year old.
>>
>>803011
Yeah, that's true.
>>
>>803011
Fucking bully.
>>
File: knitting-kit-12-6_large.jpg (80 KB, 415x480) Image search: [Google]
knitting-kit-12-6_large.jpg
80 KB, 415x480
>>803011
Traditional textiles are pretty much interchangeable across the world, calm down
>>
>>803007
>stabbed out the eyes
Holy fuck what. When did this happen?
>>
File: cool textiles and shit.jpg (161 KB, 1484x490) Image search: [Google]
cool textiles and shit.jpg
161 KB, 1484x490
>>803100
>>803061
>>803020
Maybe I should have picked better words. I'm not against textiles, it's just that I have my preferences.

I'm also not aware of any value of Hmong culture. No offense.
>>
>>803109
Confrontations between Buddhists and Taoists in the mountains used to be sort of awkward, as early meetings tend to be. They also used to fling each other off cliffs, kind of an upsetting fact considering their reverence by the world today.
>>
>>803130
No, you're right. The most impact we've had on global history was helping the Americans plan out attacks against the Pathet Lao and VPA during the Laotian civil war (proxy Vietnam war). That's considered a pretty irrelevant or secret war though.
>>
>>803007
t. Emperor Wuzong
senile old bat
>>
>>802860
Do Hmongs actually believe Chiyou was Hmong?
>>
>>802799
India isn't east asian
>>
>>804040
I'm not all that well versed in Chinese mythology on the whole, but a lot of older Hmong people do think that.

Honestly though, I think Hmong people probably just decided to cling to the idea of Chiyou being the progenitor of our people because it made us sound more historically relevant. Iirc Koreans have just as much a case for saying Chiyou was their progenitor as well.

In either case, it only really serves as a method of spouting that we wuz kangs.
>>
>>804922
No lmao, Koreans claiming to be descended from Chiyou is the real WE WUZ shit.

The only text, and the text which this concept originates from, is an ultranationalist revisionist book written in the 1910s by some retarded writer. This book is supposed to be a history book documenting ancient Korean history but it claims several ancient Chinese historical figures as Korean progenitors with no real evidence, and of course it claims Chiyou was a proto-Korean king etc. etc.

Most scholars have denounced the book as being full of shit. Only Korean ultranationalist spergs on dodgy internet forums masturbate over this shit.
>>
>>804950
Oh, I didn't realize it was actually that flimsy. Thanks for informing me about that.
>>
>>802799
Apology for poor england am japan
Japan no hurt no other asia okay
Nagasaki was unprovoke
But america friend now
Oda Nobunaga more better napoleon and shitlamagn and gorge washton
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.