[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OK /his/ I've decided to stop being a fedora. I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
File: choice.png (19 KB, 547x256) Image search: [Google]
choice.png
19 KB, 547x256
OK /his/ I've decided to stop being a fedora. I've done a lot of research into religion trying to see which one's hold up and I've come down to two choices.

Judaism or Islam?
>>
>>792038
Yes this is bait
>>
File: 1452312517275.png (110 KB, 382x310) Image search: [Google]
1452312517275.png
110 KB, 382x310
Sage, ignore
>>
Jews cause we are the chosen race
>>
>>792038
study up on islam, get in arguments with wahhabists and fly to syria to kill ISIS sandniggers and you're G my friend

al nassr lil'assad
>>
>>792038

All right, I could use a laugh. What kind of research did you do? Why did it lead to the conclusion of these two religions?
>>
>>792038
Judaism easily over Islam but Christianity over all
>>
>>792075
From an objective standpoint Christianity is the worst. Judaism is the first, Islam is the most recent. Any rational person would go with either the oldest and most survivable, or the cutting edge upgarde. Who goes for the clunky mid releases?
>>
>>792095
What about eastern religions?
>>
>>792075
After some consideration on the nature of metaphysics I came to the conclusion that there must be only one God and he must consist of no parts. Since the Christian God is trinitarian it's not applicable: Judaism and Islam are the only organized religions that meet the requirements although there are some non-religious concepts such as Platonism.

>>792095
This is somewhat true.
>>
>>792129
Go with Islam, it's more friendly towards converts.
>>
>>792038
>I've decided to stop being a fedora.
>being bullied out of your beliefs by losers on the internet
Pathetic-tier desu.
>>
>>792135
But not as much towards apostates :^)
>>
>>792038
Jew here. Halachikly, I am not allowed to suggest that you convert or encourage it. However, if you choose to convert, I can tell you that as long as you get an Orthodox conversion, there are very few people who will treat you poorly, and it is actually stressed in Judaism that converts should be treated specifically nicely.

Some Jews will not marry converts because of family issues, like not having to deal with having a largely non-Jewish side of the family.
>>
>>792174
>non-Jew detected

Jews specifically target non-Jews for marriage, since Jewish women still maintain the excuse that they have to raise their kids Jewish via religious law.

Why would two Jews marry each other and have 3 kids, when those same two could marry two goys, convert them and raise the kids Jewish, adding another 8 to the tribe?

Downplaying the part where Judaism spreads like a disease is what gave you away.
>>
>>792276
>Downplaying the part where Judaism spreads like a disease is what gave you away.

Pew research suggests that the Jewish population is at replacement level, rather than growing.

Islam and Christianity are the one's that want to spread out to 'save' everyone. That's why the Christian population is going to grow and Africa and China and the Islamic population in the middle east and Europe.
>>
>>792289
Yeah but Christianity and Islam are so diverse and racked with infighting, can all the denominations even be called part of one religion?

There are Christians who believe Jesus was God, Christians who believe he was merely Yahweh's adopted son, those who believe that only God exists and changes his appearance between Jesus, Yahweh, and the Holy Spirit as he wishes. Those who think he was part of a God-head trinity, one God-essence simultaneously inhabiting three individual, holy beings. Some believe in eternal damnation, others say all will be saved in the end, including Satan. Some think the Pope is the rightful successor of Peter, others who think he's a fraud. Some say Paul ruined an intended Jewish movement, others say James wasn't actually Jesus' younger brother, etc.

Whereas Judaism is based on ethnicity, where believing in Yahweh is no longer necessary for one to consider themselves Jewish.

Christianity and Islam can't expand if they're barely unified groups to begin with. They're just theologies stolen from a more intelligent people whom they envied, mixed with Neoplatonism and Gnostic/Salvation Mystery cults of the Middle East. Just one was hastily put together by a general trying to unite the Arab people, and the other by the disillusioned followers of a Jewish preacher who was politically outmaneuvered and killed.
>>
Become a pagan.
>>
>>792038
Do you want to follow the Old Testament/Talmud or the Qur'an/Hadith?
>>
>Young, white male in the western world needs help choosing between bandwagoning a religion that despises the west, and doing the equivalent of identifying oneself as black
>>
Are you ethnically Jewish or Arab?
Because Islam and Jewism are ethnic religions, it makes no sense to do them if you aren't born with the right genes.
>>
https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Scientific_Errors_in_the_Quran

Let's follow the religion that can't get its math right.
>>
>>792598

Yeah, like Jethro, Ruth, or half the population of Indonesia!
>>
>>792598

What the fuck are you talking about? Arabs only comprise 25-30% of all Muslims.
>>
>>792598
Islam isn't an ethnic religion
>>
>>792038
>Stop being cringey militant atheist
>Hey guys, should I become a Jew or a Terrorist?
You're going a step backwards, m8.
>>
>>792038
>i have decided to change my mind on the fundamental nature of reality
>fuck trying to find out what is actually true
>this is not insane

What does it say about the nature of either religion that people would accept someone like this as a true "conversion" into their midst and not ask any questions?
>>
>>792630
That's like saying most Americans are ethnically German or Irish; despite not knowing either language, speaking English on a daily basis, practicing a way of law that was started in England, partaking in a philosophy of government started with the Magna Carta, worshiping in a church started by English Protestants, and existing in a culture that's English in everything from their business conduct to their cuisine.

If they've done everything possible to adopt the language and customs of a culture, they are part of said group.
>>
Never trust a religion that believes you are not responsible enough to be around around women who aren't in trashbags or drink alcohol.
>>
>>792650

I don't know about Islam, but as it stands, OP stands virtually 0 chance of actually getting an Orthodox Jewish conversion. They tend to grill would-be converts pretty hard, and if they get through that, make them study, sometimes for a few years, before they make it official.

OP would almost certainly wash out.
>>
>>792276
Literally nothing you said was right and you should be ashamed at how much of an ignorant idiot you are.

2/10 you got me to respond
>>
>>792129
>I came to the conclusion that there must be only one God and he must consist of no parts
Have you been reading maimonidies?
>>
>>792664
>Jew detected
>>
>>792369
>believing in Yahweh is no longer necessary for one to consider themselves Jewish.
This is only true for reformed judiasm
>>
>>792679
>Gets accused of being non-Jewish for explaining that Judaism does not seek converts
>Gets accused of being Jewish for calling the guy a moron

Judaism expressly forbids proselytizing and does not demand that someone become Jewish to achieve salvation.
http://www.aish.com/atr/Jewish_Proselytizing.html
http://www.jewishideasdaily.com/5189/features/is-judaism-a-proselytizing-religion/
>>
>>792650
That's always bothered me about these "revival" type come-to-jesus stories, always these broken dregs of human beings at their most desperate.
No big surprise they become devout to the thing that gives them hope. That's what underlies the religion, it's just emotion.That's great for them, good to be back from the brink, but ultimately it's not truth.
>>
>>792607
Oh yeah I forgot about Indonesia.
What a fucking weird scenario, that they would be Islam.

Almost as wacky and NA being Jesusism.
>>
>>792654

Except most Muslims don't use Arabic on a daily basis outside of prayer. I would be surprised if the majority of Muslims could even carry a basic conversation in Arabic outside of saying hello.

Indeed, by the logic you're using in your post, all Americans are English.

Saying that Turks or Azeris or Bosnians or Kazakhs or Uzbeks or Indonesians should be deemed subsets of Arab culture or identity is flat-out stupid.
>>
>>792745
I guess the more technical term is "brown skinned" or "swarthy" folk.
>>
File: 1455166190704.png (137 KB, 386x308) Image search: [Google]
1455166190704.png
137 KB, 386x308
>>792704
At least those people usually have some "personal expirience" story or something that pushed them or counts as a reason for them.
This dude literally just decided to force his mind to change on this, and for no fucking reason at all. How the fuck do you even do that? "i'm bored with being convinced that the earth is round, someone tell me what shape to be certain about next!"

Fuck, at least choose something exotic if you don't care anyway.
>>
>>792767
I don't think OP is real, it's probably just bait.
>>
>>792745
Americans are English.
>>
>>792038

Islam.

>You're allowed your pick of up to 4 loli wives and infinite sex slaves.
>If you're worried about being tied down in marriage, you can go for temporary marriage contracts (nikha mut'ah).
>Your women must obey you and satisfy your every desire.
>There's a complex web of restrictions on the conduct of your women in public to prevent your cu.ckening.
>All you have to do to enjoy these benefits is to publicly pronounce the Shahada - compare this to the grueling process you'll have to go through in order to be accepted as a Jew
>>
>>792776
I know, its obviously bait, but I've met people who think like this, and vented about them more than OP.
>>
File: jewper cool dogs.jpg (82 KB, 703x960) Image search: [Google]
jewper cool dogs.jpg
82 KB, 703x960
>>792815
>Islam.
>>You're allowed your pick of up to 4 loli wives and infinite sex slaves.
>>If you're worried about being tied down in marriage, you can go for temporary marriage contracts (nikha mut'ah).
>>Your women must obey you and satisfy your every desire.
>>There's a complex web of restrictions on the conduct of your women in public to prevent your cu.ckening.
>>All you have to do to enjoy these benefits is to publicly pronounce the Shahada - compare this to the grueling process you'll have to go through in order to be accepted as a Jew

pros to judaism:
>israel is more of a party zone than palestine
>guaranteed safety when illuminati take over
>alcohol
>if you decide judaism sucks, there is a long-standing tradition of lapsed jews. a lapsed muslim is an apostate who deserves death under islam
>converting to islam seems like edgelord behavior. converting to judaism seems like interesting nerd behavior

additional cons:
>takes years of study to convert, conversion to islam is very simple and easy
>more people are muslims, which means a bigger squad
>jews with an older population have fewer lolis than muslims do, if that's what you're into
>both religions have a weird somewhat racialized superiority complex so idk it's tough
>>
>>792767
>At least those people usually have some "personal expirience" story or something that pushed them or counts as a reason for them.

Depends on the convert, and the type that have such experiences are a distinct kind of convert looking for a rebirth in identity more than adopting some kind of religious philosophy. These turning point experiences are usually reasoned out after the fact of making the decision to convert.
>>
>>792038
(Sunni) Islam is heavy on community and brotherhood. Going to a mosque that is jam-packed, with everybody praying in synch towards a single focal point, is quite an experience. Ironically, nationalism and disunity are heavily discouraged. Islam encourages good deeds and discouraged bad deeds. Compared to Christianity, it's more strict. The Qur'an is pretty interesting, but the Hadith are pretty shit.

Shia are basically edgy, butthurt contrarians. They treat Ali, a friend of the prophet, as if he was a God just because he was related by blood to Mohammed.

Idk anything about Judaism.

But if you're looking for a spiritual experience, "purpose" in your life, Islam is pretty good.

Just don't go full Jihad/Wahhabi/Salafi like many Western converts.
>>
>>792138
Into a belief actually.
>>
>>792900

Or he could become a Sufi and attend sick dhikr raves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48laJC8wYl4
>>
>>792917
Sufi are pretty based, but they're similar to Christian monks. Doubt the OP wants to dedicate his life to Sufism.
>>
>>792650
As a Muslim, all I can say is that the connection between the self and God is purely personal. To imply otherwise is to taint it. So, we don't have the right to judge converts. Islam isn't a society or something. It can form societies, but it isn't one by itself.
Anyways, I'd argue that most converts are more invested in the religion than people born into it. It's actually amazing how many people in Islamic scholarship today were converts. One of the most learned and respected Islamic scholars, Hamza Yusuf was a convert. Many of his contemporaries are as well, Zaid Shakir, Suhaib Webb, the list goes on.
So, no, I don't worry about the quality of converts, since 1. I can't judge and 2. It's not like they could make the public perception of the religion that much worse.
>>
>>792038
Islam.

Judaism frowns upon conversion, and their scripture has been corrupted.
>>
>>793191
>their scripture has been corrupted.
Yeah. It's been corrupted by Islam
>>
>>793254
>Jewish scripture has been corrupted by Islam
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>793288
Honestly don't know. Unless he believes Muslims are time travelers, I can't make sense of his statement.
>>
>>793288
>>793358
Corrupted as in altered in a way that made things worse
>>
>>793402
Right... and how did we do that?
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.