[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /his/ think of Jimmy Carter?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: JimmyCarter.jpg (140 KB, 800x983) Image search: [Google]
JimmyCarter.jpg
140 KB, 800x983
What does /his/ think of Jimmy Carter?
>>
Peanut farmer.
>>
Not the president we needed but the one we deserved. Fantastic human being.
>>
Good guy, smart guy, bad president.

Best move: DoE.
>>
If he served his term at some other time people might have seen him as a better president.
>>
>>790741
Fantastic out of nowhere strategic thinker that was undermined by his own virtue.

He made one mistake that I forgive, but his people didn't.

He told the American people,

>"I want to have an unpleasant conversation with you."

and it was about gasoline and the middle east and making do with less as part of a long term strategy that would guarantee energy independence and jobs.

A movie star won the next election by a landslide.
>>
>>790741
>Carter: "hmmm, maybe we should not hand all of our country over to these large faceless corporations who profit off war and maybe we should not encourage people to spend beyond their means and instead save up."
>Reagan: "fuck that, let's spend spend spend!!! Remember, I'm a conservative! Woo capitalism!"
>30 years later: "waaa, recession!"

Baby boomers are the fucking worst generation.
>>
>>790741
Nothing compared to Trump.
>>
>>790741
Carter had some impressive forsight into climate change and the toxic situation brewing in the middle east, the Iranian hostage crisis blunder fucked his presidency though.

He did better work with the Carter foundation anyways.
>>
>>790741
He was a victim of something that he no control over, The 1973 war, Saud Oil Crisis and Iranian Crisis were caused by thing way before he even got into office
Sad how he was likely the last somewhat decent president
Well maybe except for Bush Sr
>>
fav modern president
>>
>>793579
The best part is that they complkkain about millennials who fry to be frugal, it's like they never learned their lesson.
>>
>>790741

A 20th century Henry VI. A very good man. A very poor leader.
>>
>>790792
>smart guy
kill yourself
>>793473
kill yourself
>>793579
kill yourself
>>794089
kill yourself
>>794120
kill yourself
>>794184
kill yourself
>>794197
kill yourself
>>794241
kill yourself
>>
Racist and crazy. But he looked like Mr. Rogers.

I want the biofuel algae program back! How could it be cut under Carter's successors without triggering impeachment....
>>
>>790741
A good person, a good president, but a miserable politician (by american standards).
>>
File: volcker_2371964b.jpg (44 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
volcker_2371964b.jpg
44 KB, 620x387
>>790741
A brilliant entrepreneur, and a good president.

However, assumed at the end of an economic cycle, and paid with his popularity.

Knew how to handle masterfully, but nothing to produce immediate results.
>>
>>794246
ok
>>
>>790741
He's history's greatest monster!
>>
>>790741
Fantastic human being but an awful president, with the former possibly being the cause of the latter.

How much of his presidency being a total clusterfuck was his fault is debatable
>>
>>794246
I bet youre the fag that makes all the fucking Robespierre threads
>>
>>794978
Don't worry, Anon, we're making decent progress towards algae fuels right now.

We'll either get there, or the Navy will perfect a low-cost version of their fuel-from-seawater program. All that's going to need is a nuclear reactor nearby.
>>
>>790741
>muh Ideals
Fucked over the new relationship Nixon started with China when he condemned the Chinese invasion of Vietnam. Hell, the Chinese were even willing to drop the Taiwan subject if the US supported them.

To think that the first, second and third largest economies in the world could have all been allies if he didn't have to stick to his fucking ideals.
>>
>>790741
I don't think he was a particularly bad President; I just think he was a mediocre President who gets too much blame for the reflection of the period over which he presided.
>>
File: 040915jimmycarter-575x431.jpg (42 KB, 575x431) Image search: [Google]
040915jimmycarter-575x431.jpg
42 KB, 575x431
>>790741
you know. I actually came here to make a thread about Jimmy Carter.

My dad is fond of saying that this guy was the last President who gave a shit about the American people, and that the only reason he's not remembered more fondly is because of bad timing of things that weren't his fault (general fuckery in Iran, Soviets invading Afghanistan).
>>
>>796327
it happened anyways. Money is a great diplomat.
>>
>>794246
He was a nuclear engineer or something, of course he was smart.

He was just a naive beta cuckold which is something IQ could never fix.
>>
>>790741
Got fucked by the Soviets and drooped those ideals quick. I liked his support of the coup in Turkey. RIP 50,000 Reds. Thanks Jimmy, you're a good man.
>>
>Fidel Castro opens up prisons and sends all the criminals to Florida
>LET THEM IN, WHAT CAN GO WRONG? #REFUGEESWELCOME
>Miami becomes Africa within 2 months

That guy was a cyclopean fucktard
>>
>>796327
Looking at what's happening I don't think not strengthening ties with China was exactly a bad idea.
>>
>>790741
all round froody dude
>>
>>790741
Incompetent shit who gets a free pass because he's a democrat.

Great ex-president though.
>>
There hasn't been a good President since Nixon desu.
>>
Raging anti-semite
>>
Bad president, not a bad person. He kind of lacked conviction, he wanted to influence with soft power and that doesn't really work.
You need assholes that will do what it takes to get things done, nice guys don't work in the political or global climate. They just don't.
>>
>>790741
He was a good man.
>>
>>798330
In all fairness some of those Cubans made some high scores not seen again til the modern era of mass shootings
>>
Arguably one of the better diplomats of the 20th century. Managed to broker a good deal with Israel and Egypt.

Quite underrated.
>>
>>798872
So, a legend?
>>
>>790741

he was a bad goy
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.