[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Join or Die
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Roman Army.jpg (76 KB, 600x372) Image search: [Google]
Roman Army.jpg
76 KB, 600x372
It's 100 A.D.
>You're just an average Roman high-school senior.
>Don't know what to do with your life as of yet, what career you want.
>3rd period ends
>fuckyes.jpg lunch hour
>go to lunch hall
>see recruiter, he looks at you, your eyes meet
>fuck he's gonna talk to you
>tells you to come join the Velites
>tells you about honor
>tells you it looks excellent on your resume in future
>tells you you get to see the whole world, visit far away places
>tells you you'll get all kinds of pussy in distant lands
>tells you about loot
>tells you you'll be able to vote after service is done
>tells you, you get land after you serve
>tells you after you serve people everywhere will respect you

>You're a dumb ass, so you stayed and listened, now your interested: pussy, gold, land, etc.
>soundsgood.jpg

What do /his/? Do you join? Do you not join?Why?
>>
>>789516

I can't tell if this is a spoof or you're just profoundly ignorant of Roman history.
>>
>>789522

An attempt at a spoof since it seems like you found it completely unfunny. Sorry
>>
>>789516
>AD100
>career
>college
>velites
>army getting respect
>>
>>789548

Thanks genius.

Also, what's wrong with "velites", they Roman infantry last I checked...
>>
>>789608
They're pre-Marian troops

t. Rome Total War
>>
>>789516
Pretty gud OP
>>
I liked it OP
Unfortunately I have zero stamina, so I would be a shit tier soldier
>>
>>789892
Especialy fucking skirmisher
>>
>>789712

Yehs, that's exactly my point. It doesn't matter that they're pre-Marian, it matters that someone is recruiting you to shit tier military, and whether or not you would join.
>>
>>789892
Thank you my son.
>>
>>789516
>100 A.D.
>Velites
Well even if that was true at least I would stay alive longer as light footmen aren't pressed into combat in the Roman military.

>literally a free ride to being an entrepreneur/badass
>>789965
There's a reason Rome fell, you would have been part of it.
>>
>>789516
I think back then all roman men served regardless.
>>
>>790162
>I think back then all roman men served regardless.
Not in 100 A.D. It had already been over 200 years since the permanent professional army was established by the time of Marius.
>>
>>789608
Velites were pre-Marian reforms light skirmisher troops drawn from the Roman lower classes in the early and middle Republic. By the 1st century AD they had been completely phased out and either replaced with auxiliaries or had been rendered useless as every soldier was armed with darts and/or heavy pila javelins which could penetrate shields.
>>
got a solid kek out of me OP

Do I have the opportunity of earning a respectable living as a tradesman? If not, sure probably
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.