[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im 47 minutes in and he still hasnt started talking about persians.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (824 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
824 KB, 750x1334
Im 47 minutes in and he still hasnt started talking about persians.
>>
This board is obsessed with Persians and Romans.
>>
I stopped listening about 1h 20 minutes in.
He still hasn't started talking about the persians...

Talk about going off on a tanget... And then tangents within tangents. What a snoozefest.
>>
By far his worst podcast (of his 'modern' ones)

Talks a whole lot of shit about nothing for a for a few hours, without any coherent story.
>>
What's the consensus on him anyway? I just finished the ones about WW1 and they were great.
>>
>>784576
he's very entertaining, but he doesn't give you anywhere near as much insight as reading books by actual historians.
>>
File: rad4.jpg (21 KB, 336x336) Image search: [Google]
rad4.jpg
21 KB, 336x336
real stuff here
>>
>>785456
My melanin enriched friend!
>>
>>785456
What are some essential In Our Times?
>>
>>783949
I love how long he makes them. Great for having when working
>>
>>785518
I like the episodes of Chivalry, Elinor of Aquitaine, The wealth of nations and Frederick the great. If you find an episode of something you're interested in you'll probably like it.
>>
>>783949
he never talks about anything. he just does his batman voice and makes banal platitudes.
>>
>>785518

Literally any that interest you.
>>
This one was sadly one of the least interesting episodes he has made in a long time. I feel bad for him.

The long winding intro is meant to explain the vacuum into which Cyrus expanded and where his lax policies on religion etc. were appreciated when compared to the assyrians I think.

I really hope it gets better.
>>
Am I the only one who really liked 2 hours of rambling about the politics of the Iron Age Mediterranean?
>>
File: hardcorehistory4u.png (216 KB, 1022x288) Image search: [Google]
hardcorehistory4u.png
216 KB, 1022x288
>>783949
God awful shit
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.