[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't they just invade India and China?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: jerks.png (2 MB, 1881x886) Image search: [Google]
jerks.png
2 MB, 1881x886
Why didn't they just invade India and China?
>>
who
>>
>>782501

>India

They did. North India.

>China

Mountains and desert.
>>
China is very far away and the terrain getting there is more rugged that the road towards Greece

Plus China was HUGE in many ways

I thought they did go into India a little bit, isnt that what Gerdrosia was?
>>
>Muslim China

That sounds awful.
>>
>attacking borderline cavemen vs 2 of the most powerful empires on earth and braving horse nomads
>>
>>782505

I think he's talking about Persia
>>
>>782505
Mongols
>>
>>782501
because china had mountains followed by dessert followed by a lot of people who ate a lot of pork
>>
>>782501
>posted that map
And yet you're still wondering why they did not invade China.
>>
>>782623
What kind of dessert?
>>
>>782821
Rocky Road
>>
>>782821
Mung bean paste
>>
>>782501
Mountains senpai
>>
>>782821
Nutella
>>
>>782821
Baozi with red bean paste.
>>
Disease gradient
>>
mulims? but they did

china's first contact with islam was in the 7th century

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ja%27far_ibn_Abi_Talib#Overseas_Preaching
>>
Itt people who think Islam spread from Iran to arabia.

Guess I'm done with this board.
>>
>>783465
I think he might be talking about the PIE peoples, seeing as how apparently the Sahara and the ME is green.
>>
>>782501
Those big gray things on the map might have something to do with it.
>>
>>783460
>>783469
Sassanids
>>
>>783460
Muslim here. There's no way that happened. Ja'far went to Abyssinia, and there's literally no way they would've been able to get to China.
>>
>>783470
the silk road goes through there for thousands of years
>>783480
oops wrong dude
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sa%60d_ibn_Abi_Waqqas
>>
>>783485
Wow... I know I'm still studying Islamic history, but I'm astounded that Abi Waqqas got to China.
>>
Why were Persians so over-represented in the Islamic Golden Age?
>>
>>783514
The Caliph lived in Persia, so that probably had something to do with it.
>>
>>783514
They're not really over-represented in the first place. Iran was a big, really populous place especially compared to the Arabian peninsula.
>>
>>782501
Assuming you are talking about Muslims
>India
Wat is mughal empire
>China
Not easy to get in also stronger militarily
>>
>>782558
There are enough Muslims in China, in concentrated populations, to form 2 separate nations. In fact, they are nations, like Tibet, they just happen to be part of a super-state.
>>
>>782508
>Mountains and desert

You just literally described Iran/Persia
>>
>>785119
Persia has plenty of fertile fields noobert
>>
>>783469

The colors represent height above sea level, retard.
>>
>>782505
Achaemenids
>>
>>782567
>still get rekt
>>
>>782501
Cause India and China have nukes.
>>
>>782501
>India
Under the (de-facto independent from Arsakid Iran) Suren kingdom, they did invade and occupy most of what is now Pakistan

>China
Too many hostile nomads, too much distance
>>
>>783514
Persian culture is to the Islamic golden Age what Greek and Romans were to Europe, basically.
>>
File: Battle Of Talas.jpg (601 KB, 990x655) Image search: [Google]
Battle Of Talas.jpg
601 KB, 990x655
>>784690
>stronger militarily
This thread is not about Muslims, but the Caliphate did defeat the Tang Dynasty to take over central Asia.
>>
>>782501
>op posts a super vague pic and all the emperors new clothes sperglords pretend to know what iranians and what time period he's talking about
pottery
>>
>>786038
To be fair, that was against a handful of Tang troops. I don't think they would've been able to defeat the Chinese in a war of conquest.
>>
>>786038
>but the Caliphate did defeat the Tang Dynasty to take over central Asia.
Not really.
>Both sides had pet turks
>Chinese pet turks bite the Islamic Redpill.
>Betray Chinese, T'ang Army got surrounded by hostiles front and back.
Turks: not even once.
>>
File: Abbasids_blackflag.jpg (75 KB, 560x552) Image search: [Google]
Abbasids_blackflag.jpg
75 KB, 560x552
>>786068
>able to defeat the Chinese in a war of conquest
, and offensive war on mainland chinese soil probably not. China is well protected by Deserts, mountains, and have probably some of the best military technology of the age. But saying that the Abbasid army is objectively weaker than the Chinese is unfounded
>>786069
>"Le losing side I like better didn't really lose because *insert reason they lost*
The number of times i see this here is frustrating
>>
>>786087
>The losing side lost because they lost.
>The losing side lost because they suck :DDD
>>
>>786069
>The fight between Abbasids and T'ang was a battle for Central Asia's soul.
>The Turks literally, LITERALLY, chose to be mudlimes as opposed to being East Asian Cultured.
CANT

MAKE

THIS

SHIT

UP
>>
>>786087
>But saying that the Abbasid army is objectively weaker than the Chinese is unfounded

Tang China was one of the great powers of its age, I wouldn't call it an unfounded claim. I would say it's rather the opposite, really.
>>
>>786100
It sort of makes sense why Turks would do that. The Abbasids were offering you a chance to become a part of a big ideology. The Chinese meanwhile think you're a pest that ought to be either subjugated or exterminated like what they did to the last pesky nomadic power: the Xiongnu.
>>
>>786096
you literally denied that the Abbasids defeated the Tang dynasty
>>786105
>Tang China was one of the great powers of its age
So was the Abbasid Calphate. I wouldn't say either side is objectively weaker. A full out war between the two might have played out interestingly.
>>
>>786117
>you literally denied that the Abbasids defeated the Tang dynasty
Not really as in "not really militarily superior."
>>
>>786111
>The Chinese meanwhile think you're a pest that ought to be either subjugated or exterminated
And they were right.
>>
File: 1456228599476.jpg (431 KB, 1024x605) Image search: [Google]
1456228599476.jpg
431 KB, 1024x605
>>786100
It actually worked out pretty well for us in the long run vs our cousins that hung around and stayed tengri/buddhist.
>>786111
For some reason Islam was very appealing to nomadic people. Even the Uighurs and Kyrghyz people literally on China's border became Muslim. It probably had to do with tapping into the Silk road
>>
File: Pol.png (322 KB, 546x700) Image search: [Google]
Pol.png
322 KB, 546x700
>>786125
I did not come here to support your /pol/ackism, friend.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.