[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What kind of Middle East do you want, senpai?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9
File: tr_ot8!.gif (2 KB, 324x216) Image search: [Google]
tr_ot8!.gif
2 KB, 324x216
What kind of Middle East do you want, senpai?
>>
File: 1456865195219.gif (493 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1456865195219.gif
493 KB, 500x375
One torched and melted by the splitting of the atom

: ^ )
>>
>>778964
The one that invented algebra and the arabic numerals.
>>
one nuclear wasteland that glows at night like northern lights over the ruins of jerusalem and mecca
>>
>>778964
One that's separated from Europe by a big fence.
>>
File: union-jack.gif (5 KB, 801x401) Image search: [Google]
union-jack.gif
5 KB, 801x401
>>778964
Just fuck their shit up, my lad.
>>
One with natural borders (for example Greater Syria) and one that pays lip service to Islamic values, but doesn't go full ALLAH HU AKBAR about them.

Oh, and an existent caliph would be nice.

Do these and you'll solve 95% of the problems in the ME.
>>
>>779913
What ARE the natural borders anyway?
>>
>>779913
>natural borders
>the middle east
>since forever
What are you smoking lad?
>>
Christian Orthodox and Shi'a Muslim
>>
>>778982
Ebin
>>
>>778982
>>780035
how to know someone is from butthurt belt / eastern europe
>>780008
retarded, shias can be just as extremist and retarded as sunnis. Google basij.
>>
>>780038
The easiest solution is the one that is the simplest. These countries have been a pain in the ass to deal with since they discovered there was an underground treasure laying under their shit-soaked feets.
>>
>>778964
Bring back Greater Israel.

>>780000
wew lade
>>
>>779918
Suez Canal, Caucasus Mountains, and the Indus River are Greater Israel's natural borders.
>>
File: 1420766130423.png (136 KB, 417x500) Image search: [Google]
1420766130423.png
136 KB, 417x500
I don't want one at all
>>
>>778964
Secular and developed.
>>
Stable and Peaceful
>>
>>778964
JUST un-secularize, anarchy and corrupt my shit up senpai.
>>
>>780497
This.
>>
>>780515
This plus secular
>>
What do you lads think about Dan Carlin's idea about creating a single, united arab state. I can't remember the exact reasoning but it seemed to make sense at the time
>>
>>780869

>arabs
>getting along with each other
>>
pan arabist, no jews, no turks, no kurds and with a secular Iran
>>
>>780126
Shekkle kekkle.
>>
>>780869
Won't happen, Pan-arabism died when terrorism was born

I've read a graphic novel from a young franco-syrian boy who lived in Syria and Libya, the hate between the different communities is enormous.
>>
>>780963
>pan arabist
t. Gamal Abdel Nasser

The only thing that can save the ME is secularism and less nationalism.
>>
>>780869
Arabs don't generally like each other each other. Would this involves Syria, Iraq, and North Africa? Because if so then that state would be so fucked by civil war as to negate the benefits of unity.
>>
File: allahcat.jpg (18 KB, 293x323) Image search: [Google]
allahcat.jpg
18 KB, 293x323
just allahu ackbar up my shit senpai
>>
File: 1456719840414.jpg (1 MB, 2835x1890) Image search: [Google]
1456719840414.jpg
1 MB, 2835x1890
If we release millions of cats into the warzones and in Iranian and Saudi offices, they'd be too distracted to sponsor and commit terrorism
>>
First you have to destroy Turkish nationalism. Their virulent strain of national identity is more harmful than any other in the region. It's too exclusive and xenophobic for them to ever function in a multi-ethnic state. And no matter what, they will be multi-ethnic. Even sans Kurds, they have Arabs. For fucks' sake, they only got to where they are by subsuming a lot of Turkic, Semitic and Indo-European identities that existed over the last century. Countless rioting modern Turks are the descendants of Assyrians, Greeks, Kurds, Armenians and Arabs who assimilated.

If you dismantled their national identity you could have a largely multi-ethnic pan-west asian state. It would take some time to heal historical wounds, but I think it is essential. A lot of the smaller ethnic nations of West Asia, and even some of the large officially existing ones just don't have the resources or geography to exist as a functional state into the far future. Kurdistan, for example, cannot exist simply because there's nothing there. Large multi-national federations must band together to make functional economies so that they can eventually transition away from primary and secondary resources to tertiary; services. If you can enforce stability, even by force, for long enough, eventually people would become rich and comfortable enough to not give a shit about ethnic differences.
>>
1) Confederation of Syria and Iraq with an autonomous Awalite State within it, possibly including Lebanon and Jordan, very large international peacekeeping presence right smack dab in the middle

2) Single-state solution for Israel/Palestine.

3) Collapsed Saudis, and a thoroughly republicanized Arabian peninsula.

4) Independent Kurdistan. All of it.
>>
>>779106
>history board
>wants to see the destruction of some of the most significant sites in history
Checks out desu
>>
>>778964
Christian
>>
File: 3582.jpg (15 KB, 357x476) Image search: [Google]
3582.jpg
15 KB, 357x476
I must unite the arabic peoples under one flag
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX4RK8bj2W0
>>
File: 14233121.jpg (106 KB, 1100x619) Image search: [Google]
14233121.jpg
106 KB, 1100x619
>>It's not like it is gonna last for that long anyway.
>>
>>784216
Meant for >>784149
>>
>>784166
People are always forgetting that the middle east was getting little by little more liberal out of itself.

its only when outside influences come to mess with the order of things that we end up like the shit we are now.

iran is still one of the best places i can identify with where that happend in the past.

it's like if america would install the pope suddenly as leader of Italy after ww2, our if a bibleguy would be in charge of USA right now.
>>
how does /his/ feel that ISIS is in Palmyra destroying every artifact of ancient civilizations with wild abandon
>>
>>784247
>its only when outside influences come to mess with the order of things that we end up like the shit we are now.

Nice try Chomsky, but no.
>>
>>785018
pretty good
>>
>>778964
One that I don't have to worry about.
>>
>>781748
>Single-state solution for Israel/Palestine
no
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.