[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The 25 Year Cut Off
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Heavy shit happened.png (351 KB, 420x412) Image search: [Google]
Heavy shit happened.png
351 KB, 420x412
Anyone feel the 25 year cutoff is a bit strict?

That doesn't even take as all the way out of the cold war, and a shit ton of important historical technological and social events went down in the 90s, let alone the 00s.

I think it should be a more holistic rule, that is you have to refer to something in a historical context, not "news"

For example, if I wanted to so a thread on the cultural and economic development of Hip Hop and rap music and its parallels to diffusion of other cultural aspects in the united States, I would be forced to stop at the most critical moments.

And that's just in the broad strokes.

Shit like the Rwandan Genocide,Soviet Break up, the creation of the Euro, the German reunion, everything that went down in the Balkans, and countless more capital H historical events are not allowed on the board dedicated to history.

That's not really fitting with the spirit of the board.
>>
>>76344
I agree, it should be a 10 year cut off
>>
>>76344

I think it should be a 30 year cut off. I really don't want /his/ to be /pol/ 2.0.
>>
Everything is always at the mods discretion. I'm sure if we talk civilly about an actual historical happening that occurred in the last 25 years, the mods will let things go. It's just a rule in place to give a hard and fast reason to prune anything that looks remotely like bait.
>>
>>76407
Its silly though because the 90s were imensly hisorically signficant . 15 year cut off if you just want to avoid War on Terror stuff. or hell just have a
>Dont be dicks

Rule and let the mods purge the pol wanna bees
>>
>>76402
>History ended in 1985
>>
>>78573

I never claimed that. But /pol/ is for current events. /his/ is for history. Period.
>>
>>78573
Political debate has no business on this board, only historical discussion.
>>
>>78595
And how the hell is the 90s not history?

Especially given the massive historical impact of what happened in Europe then.

Having the end of the Cold War, one of the most historically important events of the last century, not covered by the History board is surreal.
>>
>>78614
That was a non sequitor
>>
make the cut off September 10th, 2001
>>
>>78947
That's pretty dumb since the worst decision in American history was made two years after that.
>>
>>79106
That's the point, you avoid that modern polshit.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.