[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9
File: corinthianhelm.jpg (538 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
corinthianhelm.jpg
538 KB, 1920x1080
>1.Go to http://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/story.php?title=which-greek-citystate-would-you-have-lived-in
>2.complete quiz
>3.Post results

Go!
>>
>THIS IS SPARTA! In Sparta, all of the men and boys were soldiers. They had very hard lives, and spent a lot of time fighting, cheating, stealing, and being bullied. If you were a female, you were also expected to be strong and tough. Although, you have more freedom here than women in some of the other city-states. Some of the other Greeks thought that Spartans were like animals, but when the Greeks were at war with the Persians, everyone wanted YOU on their side!
>>
>You were meant to be a Megarian! As a Megarian you were very good at math and managing your money. You also made beautiful material. Megarians like you also valued their freedoms.

Were these guys even in 300?
Share Your Result
>>
>>740455

>Megaran masterrace reporting in

>You were meant to be a Megarian! As a Megarian you were very good at math and managing your money. You also made beautiful material. Megarians like you also valued their freedoms.
>>
>>740523
>>740535
>be Megarian
>starve to death due to Athenian economic sanctions
>>
You got: Athens

You were born to be an Athenian! As a well-mannered and cultured Athenian you spent a lot of time in school and university, and then trained to be soldiers. Unless, you were a female. In that case, you stayed at home and were trained to become an obedient wife and mother. You are very proud of your form of government (democracy) which allows all citizens to participate. Athenians considered themselves the cleverest people in ancient Greece, but everyone else thinks you are a show-off.
So I guess this mean I'm secretly a gay pedo, guess I'll go fap to some traps.
>>
File: jakethedog.gif (1 MB, 290x200) Image search: [Google]
jakethedog.gif
1 MB, 290x200
>>740543

>implying we weren't on the winning side of the second Peloponnesian War, which saw the ultimate capitulation of the Athenian fuckstains
>>
Athens
>>
>>740550
Same here
>You were born to be an Athenian! As a well-mannered and cultured Athenian you spent a lot of time in school and university, and then trained to be soldiers. Unless, you were a female. In that case, you stayed at home and were trained to become an obedient wife and mother. You are very proud of your form of government (democracy) which allows all citizens to participate. Athenians considered themselves the cleverest people in ancient Greece, but everyone else thinks you are a show-off.
Based on the whole "discriminating againts women". Women doing their jobs isn't discrimination
>>
>>740550
If this philosopher and erm 'boy-lover' has found that kind of nerve I guess I'll go fap to traps too.
>>
Athens master race.
>>
>>740550

I got Athens as well. I guess I'm a nerd.
>>
>>740570
>Based on the whole "discriminating againts women". Women doing their jobs isn't discrimination
I picked that too, but not because I have anything against women or feel like women shouldn't work, just seemed like least worse option between slavery, unlivable climate, high levels of violence, and a plutocracy. Though I suppose that does say something about me personally.
>>
>>740600
I chose that as well, but I chose it since Im a man it wont effect me.
>>
Ἀθῆναι
>>
If you aren't from Argos get out of this thread.
>>
>EVERYONE WANTED YOU ON THEIR SIDE

meme tier quiz tho, if you know anything about Ancient Greece the answers are as clear as the homosexuality of Athenians
>>
>get athens

im literally a dumbfuck college drop-out that reads history occasionally at my dead as fuck shifts at a minimum wage job

not fit either
>>
File: 1450116022269.jpg (60 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1450116022269.jpg
60 KB, 720x540

You were born to be an Athenian! As a well-mannered and cultured Athenian you spent a lot of time in school and university, and then trained to be soldiers. Unless, you were a female. In that case, you stayed at home and were trained to become an obedient wife and mother. You are very proud of your form of government (democracy) which allows all citizens to participate. Athenians considered themselves the cleverest people in ancient Greece, but everyone else thinks you are a show-off.
>>
>no Thebes
>>
File: 1418912934893.png (83 KB, 380x376) Image search: [Google]
1418912934893.png
83 KB, 380x376

>>
Another Athenian reporting in

Which city does the Apollo answer tree give you?
>>
top keks at all these Athenian plebs, another Megarian master race reporting in
>>
>>740624
Bruh that's not even correct its *Αθήνα*
>>
MEGARA
E
G
A
R
A
>>
>>740672
Here bruh
>>
Athens. Answers:
1. Apollo because of Delphi.
2. Fashion design because I am interested in /fa/.
3. All people should work on strengthening their minds and bodies.
As far as I agree with the optimism of A, "If there is a will there is a way", it is technically wrong. Some people are just doomed.
I am not into getting /fit/ as much as taking care of ones mind.
4. Library, I generally find malls and museums boring, since they are often filled with common shit, and gyms nothing but a necessary component to a healthy life.
5. Rough climate; I consider it a moral obligation to fight injustice, and I would prefer to not be obliged to political activism.
6. Intelligence is the highest virtue.
>>
I got megara
Never heard of them desu
>>
Sparta, for the weather alone.
>>
>>742629
you sound gay as fuck bra.
>>
>>742652
I am bisexual, in a homosexual relationship right now, well spotted.
>>
What a shit quiz. It seems Sparta was the only city state to value bravery and improving yourself :^)
>>
File: 1432812309926.png (976 KB, 1080x1021) Image search: [Google]
1432812309926.png
976 KB, 1080x1021
>>742660
>>
>>742743
Implying something?
>>
>>742747
Nope I am just semi proud of myself. Masel tov to you.
>>
File: mon_256.png (56 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
mon_256.png
56 KB, 256x256

>>
>>740550
I picked going to the gym and boxing and stuff and got athens too
>>
File: epirotes.jpg (86 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
epirotes.jpg
86 KB, 640x480
What is the name of the symbol on this banner I need to know.
>>
>>741872
Except it isn't. It's "Αθηναιος", with a acute accent over the alpha.
>>
>You got: Sparta

>THIS IS SPARTA! In Sparta, all of the men and boys were soldiers. They had very hard lives, and spent a lot of time fighting, cheating, stealing, and being bullied. If you were a female, you were also expected to be strong and tough. Although, you have more freedom here than women in some of the other city-states. Some of the other Greeks thought that Spartans were like animals, but when the Greeks were at war with the Persians, everyone wanted YOU on their side!

ok
>>
File: photo_8_6_1.jpg (42 KB, 299x379) Image search: [Google]
photo_8_6_1.jpg
42 KB, 299x379
Got Sparta, lads.

Although I always read after a heavy workout.
>>
THIS IS SPARTA! In Sparta, all of the men and boys were soldiers. They had very hard lives, and spent a lot of time fighting, cheating, stealing, and being bullied. If you were a female, you were also expected to be strong and tough. Although, you have more freedom here than women in some of the other city-states. Some of the other Greeks thought that Spartans were like animals, but when the Greeks were at war with the Persians, everyone wanted YOU on their side!

I know so very little about Greek city-states and yet I never learn anything from these internet memes..
>>
File: uber.jpg (25 KB, 250x375) Image search: [Google]
uber.jpg
25 KB, 250x375
>>743037
Are you the Ubermensch?
>>
Got Athens. Sounds about right.
>tfw born too late to philosophize by day and slay boipussy by night
>>
>>742983
https://el.wiktionary.org/wiki/%E1%BC%88%CE%B8%CE%AE%CE%BD%CE%B7
It's both
>>
You got: Argos

Argos is where your heart lies! The people who lived in this polis were called Argives. The people of Argos were very good musicians, wrote lovely poetry, and designed beautiful statues of athletes. As an Argive, you knew how to deal with adversity since you lived in a tough climate. It was very cold in the winter and hot and dry in the summer, and the soil was no good.
>>
>>740550
Athens. Either took something with getting fit or learning. And of course discriminating women.

I mean it was really the lesser evil.
>>
>>740455
>You got Athens!
lame. what a normie City state.
>>
Athens, does that mean U'm a pleb?
>No Dyonisus
>no sophism trolling
>no "The Strong do what they can, the weak suffer what they must"
>no symposium
not "having to live in a city funded by an incestuous patricide"
>no ἀγαθός
shit quiz my friends
>>
Athens
>>
You got: Megara

You were meant to be a Megarian! As a Megarian you were very good at math and managing your money. You also made beautiful material. Megarians like you also valued their freedoms.
>>
>>740455

All of these answers give pretty obvious results if you have even a cursory knowledge of greek polis.

Facebook quizzes are pretty terrible honestly.

t. Athenian
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.