[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here has a degree in the humanities? I'm on my second-to-last
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 24
File: History is Important!.jpg (372 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
History is Important!.jpg
372 KB, 1280x960
Who here has a degree in the humanities?

I'm on my second-to-last semester to completing a Bachelor's in History.
>>
Same as you anon. Got my dissertation coming up and I'm a little freaked out about that
>>
File: Writing; Creatively.jpg (14 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
Writing; Creatively.jpg
14 KB, 300x200
>>70528
What'll you be writing about, m8?
>>
>>70464

I don't have a degree in Humanities, but I have a job, so it balances out.
>>
>>70570
what's your job then
>>
File: kekm8.jpg (215 KB, 1430x1780) Image search: [Google]
kekm8.jpg
215 KB, 1430x1780
>>70570
>>
File: 1401332314940.jpg (7 KB, 231x218) Image search: [Google]
1401332314940.jpg
7 KB, 231x218
3rd year history major. Quite frankly, I'm nervous because of the low career turnout, but it is what it is.

Actually, after thinking for a couple minutes about my future, I'm really fucking nervous that I'm not going to be able to find work (at least work that pertains to the humanities) after I graduate...
>>
Got two more years to go for a BA in History. Lovin' it. My English minor is a bit lame though, but it is what it is.

>>70679
How do you feel about teaching? Or perhaps private tutoring?
>>
File: Worry.gif (366 KB, 400x328) Image search: [Google]
Worry.gif
366 KB, 400x328
>>70679
I used to be worried about that, too. Especially since my state has stopped paying teachers for a while and my university isn't getting any revenue this year, student workers are being laid off in droves and financial aid is as taught as a cold war thriller.

Then I realized I've still got a lot going for me, so even if I have a shit job at the end of my school career, I'll be happy for the most part.

Maybe if you're worried about your future, you can take steps now to alleviate all that pressure you feel.

>>70743
Can always switch out that minor for something more interesting. I jumped off a Latin American Studies minor for a Geography one, which is something I'd much rather have for my non-essential classes.

>How do you feel about teaching? Or perhaps private tutoring?
Nothing like trying to get brats to learn dates and events, m8.
>>
I certainly hope nobody here actually wants to get a "degree" in humanities rather than sciences.
>>
File: SHITPOSTING.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
SHITPOSTING.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>70820
I certainly hope you aren't here to shitpost rather than engage in an actual conversation.

We're both going to be disappointed, anon.
>>
>>70464
I don't think getting a degree in humanities is a wise idea (to me, at least). But I wish you luck. If I could find a well-paying job that involved me talking about history all day, then you bet your ass I'd be doing a degree in history.

[spoiler]I'm going to college to get a degree in IT. It's the only thing I think I can do at this point. I hope things turn out well for the both of us, anon.[/spoiler]
>>
>>70805
Oh, I certainly do have interest in it, it's just that the English faculty at my Uni is rubbish. Plus, I need it for muh teaching qualifications.
Here's a protip: if you're a male teacher and you be a lad with the boys and a leader to the girls, your students will like you. Besides, history in school isn't so much about learning dates, it's more about learning about specific events and societies.
>>
>>70940
I have no great hopes for the future, I just like going to school and I like history. So that's what I'm doing for right now.

When it's over, I'm gonna get a job to buy a house with and fund my stupid-ass hobbies.

It would be nice to talk about history all day, though, I definitely agree.

And cheers, m8. I met my gf through an IT federal-work-study job. Hopefully you get something great out of your career, too.
>>
those in STEM make more within 5 years of graduating, but the lifetime earnings of someone who holds a quality liberal arts degree are generally higher. Management positions require critical thinking skills, etc. that you acquire when you study history, philosophy, English.
>>
I have a Bachelor of Arts in History from Western Kentucky University. Top notch professors who know their shit there.
>>
>>70464

Dual degree in History and Political Science.

I manage a hotel, and I'm looking at getting a Master's in Accounting.
>>
>>71066

Also, I'd like to add, I make more money than any of my college friends with degrees in humanities. I cleared 70k after bonuses (but before taxes) last year.
>>
>>70995
Man, that sucks then. Is there any other area of study you can minor in that would satisfy those requirements?

And I remember an emphasis on dates and characters when I was in middle/high school, if we were talking about higher education, I'd agree with your point about events & societies.

>>71012
Interesting, but I wasn't really looking for a reason why I should continue on my path of Liberal Arts..

>>71039
Nice, I've had good experiences at Southern Illinois University, too, plenty of people who speak a couple languages and aren't afraid to talk one-on-one with students for no reason.

>>71066
Political Science appeals to me, I wish I better situated myself for at least a minor in it. That, or International Affairs.

And nice, what kinda hotel do you manage? I know people getting foreign language degrees with strong economics/accounting minors.
>>
I have a BSc in Computer Science but I minored in History. My upper division history classes were pretty lame, was so excited to take a course on WWII but the professor ended up focusing on the home front. I learned a lot of stuff, but come on. It's the biggest fucking war in history and focus on everything but the war itself? What the fuck is even the point?
>>
File: Commie Bottle Opener.jpg (35 KB, 604x441) Image search: [Google]
Commie Bottle Opener.jpg
35 KB, 604x441
>>71106
Computer Science is a stronger employment degree than a History one, m8, if I had the talents with computers I would have done the same.

And that's the risk we take in signing up for classes. I've been pretty disappointed in a few classes, including a Cold War class that focused on WWII for literally months.
>>
>>71087
The most successful person I know in the liberal arts is a guy who majored in English. Went to Japan, taught school for one year, then got a job at a kindergarten (??? Don't know what that's about) and now does something or other. Don't know what he made at the kindergarten but it must have been more than the salary most people start with teaching English in Korea or Japan. Now he makes over 100k working for some business or other. He told me there are good opportunities for not just English majors, but general humanities and liberal arts majors overseas but it requires a basic language certificate for Japanese or Korean and at least a year of teaching. Apparently a lot of good jobs over there working for companies require you to live in the country and won't accept you like schools will for teaching right off the bat, but will accept you once you live there and have already worked a year somewhere else.

Of course, you have to be willing to pack up everything and move to a completely different country, and a lot of people aren't willing to do that. I meet a lot of people who seriously believe they will get a job in their own towns high school or college teaching. Maybe cross country if they're lucky after a good deal of searching, but still.
>>
>>71095
>what kinda hotel do you manage?

It's a 170-room property at a midrange brand. Not Hilton, but not Motel 6. Think something along the lines of Comfort Suites, Hampton, La Quinta, etc etc etc.

The Political Science degree was far more interesting than the History degree was. It was only an extra 3 classes to turn the PoliSci minor into a major, so I took summer classes, graduated in August instead of May, and went for it.

I just didn't want to go into bureaucracy, although I did join the National Guard after college. I've been mulling over the idea of maybe running for local office in a few years.
>>
What kind of jobs are there for someone with a history degree? (aside from teaching kids in high school)
>>
>>71008
I appreciate the nice response, dude. The board is getting shitposts up the ass which makes me sad, because I've been waiting years for this board to happen.
I hope you get that house you want dude, you deserve it in my eyes. Good luck. You seem like a great dude.
>>
>>71095
Not really, haha. I need 6 courses in English literature to be accepted into teaching college. It's not that the English curriculum is bad, it's just that the teaching staff are inept. But the history faculty - phenomenal stuff, absolutely brilliant.

That's weird, because when I was in high school, the teachers put a strong emphasis on historical societies and 'what life was like for them'. I remember when we were learning about the Vikings - we weren't taught anything about invasions (apart from the British) or trade routes, Christianisation, or anything - just how Viking society functioned and their religion.
>>
>>71206

Unless you get a master's, a history degree is the kind of degree you get to say "I come from a middle class background, I'm not stupid, gib job plz", and then you get hired to go into business. I've heard that HR actually prefers applicants with humanities degrees rather than general business degrees.

See my post >>71066
>>
File: 1428314087487-3.png (214 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1428314087487-3.png
214 KB, 499x499
ongoing phd in Byzantine History
>>
>>71180

I've heard that white guys in Japan get *all* the pussy.
>>
File: History General.png (44 KB, 779x567) Image search: [Google]
History General.png
44 KB, 779x567
>>71180
>I meet a lot of people who seriously believe they will get a job in their own towns high school or college teaching.
When I was in a teaching certification program, I was assured this.

Maybe it isn't so much people are naively believing it, but that they are fed misinformation to keep the trade attractive?

>>71206
You can offer lectures on a street corner for tips. Don't come near the train station, though, that's my spot.

>>71194
>Think something along the lines of Comfort Suites, Hampton, La Quinta, etc etc etc.
Yeah, I get you. Not too shabby, m8.

>It was only an extra 3 classes to turn the PoliSci minor into a major
I wish I knew better when I was starting in school, I was stubbornly going in for History and when I was getting tired of it, it was pretty late to try and change gears.

>I just didn't want to go into bureaucracy, although I did join the National Guard after college. I've been mulling over the idea of maybe running for local office in a few years.
I'm the kind of guy who would rather help manage a campaign than be the guy, but if you're up for local office, kudos bro. What party would you run under? Or would you rather independent?

>>71216
No worries, I just found this place so I thought I'd ask people about their experiences from when they were in school, if they went to school.

I've also been waiting a long while for a /his/ board, ever since the Liberian Civil War threads on /int/ and shit.. those were fun, too.

And thanks, m8, I hope you have your share of a good life, too. You don't seem like a dick, so you'll go far.
>>
>>71206
History can have entry to law, police, editor, and journalism. Probably a few others too.
>>
File: 1435144719924.jpg (38 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1435144719924.jpg
38 KB, 400x388
>>71299
You're a cool guy anon
>>
>>71366
thanks
>cool guy
You mean smug basileus
>>
First year Classics here.

Thinking about quitting. I don't think I can do it.

Ancient Greek grammar is a motherfucker.
>>
>>71299
What's the most ridiculous overdrawn official Byzantine title you can't remember off the top of your head?
>>
>>71333
>What party would you run under?

Well, I'm in Texas, and a lot of the local positions are strictly non-partisan. Although if I ran for a position that was partisan, I'd run as a Republican. Democrats generally don't get elected here (unless you live in the center of the major cities), and the *real* election for state wide offices is the Republican primary, not the general election in November.
>>
File: TUrkey Speaks5.png (4 KB, 351x71) Image search: [Google]
TUrkey Speaks5.png
4 KB, 351x71
>>71272
>But the history faculty - phenomenal stuff, absolutely brilliant.

That sucks about the English folk, but thank God for the small blessings of good history colleagues.

>That's weird, because when I was in high school, the teachers put a strong emphasis on historical societies and 'what life was like for them'. I remember when we were learning about the Vikings - we weren't taught anything about invasions (apart from the British) or trade routes, Christianisation, or anything - just how Viking society functioned and their religion.
I envy your high school, then. We had a few state-mandated exams back then that really necessitated that kind of emphasis on dates instead of actual comprehension of the material..

Societies and life experiences are always more interesting, I'm glad I got a decent taste of it in college at the very least.

>>71299
Nice, what's your opinion of the Battle of Kosovo and shit?

>>71344
You make a History degree sound breddy good, man.

>>71407
If you don't like it, you can always switch up your focus. It's never worth quitting, man.

What would you like to study besides Classic shit?
>>
>>71407

Jesus. Why do that unless you were on a PhD track?
>>
Majoring in History with minor in Philosophy. always planned on making the switch to Law after. Anyone else have any better ideas?
>>
>>71484
>What would you like to study besides Classic shit?

I really wanted to study philosophy, but the course is so inflated these days, so I couldn't get in, but honestly, it really doesn't matter, because I don't think I'm university material as a person anyway. Too much of having to prove myself all the time, and my nervous system can't handle it.

>>71490
What do you mean? It's a Bachelor's course. Gotta start somewhere?
>>
>>71442
>a lot of the local positions are strictly non-partisan
A good rule to live by.

But I understand the bit about Republican domination (not including cities). I myself would be a Blue Dog Dem or just a conservative. Not much love for the Republican party at the moment, from me or my area (Chicago).

>>71490
Because everything sounds doable when you're a freshman.

>>71515
It's whatever you want to do, man. Do you not like History+Philosophy? What other ideas did you have about your short-term plans?
>>
File: powell2.jpg (27 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
powell2.jpg
27 KB, 306x306
Mech eng here you're all fucked.
>>
>>71408
Oh man, I'm very ignorant about titles / court etiquette / ceremonies and all that but I remember this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epi_tes_trapezes

though court ceremonies and positions etc were fairly Important, I can't name the title but the most ridiculous one to me was the Imperial Barber, who was far more influence compared to senators / governors etc due to being close to emperor and having emperors ears

ridiculous, I wish julian lasted a bit longer, he had cut of a lot of bullshit court officials

>>71539
you need latin,greek,german and most likely french for that

go to summer school ASAP, get an intensive greek sumemr school this summer and next latin, at the meantime began to study german and get to know at least one modern langauge alongside 2 ancient ones

t. byzaboo phd fag, I suffered a lot, talking from experience.
>>
>>71539
>Too much of having to prove myself all the time, and my nervous system can't handle it.

Switch to something like business, man. Don't just drop out.

Or, if you do drop out, go to trade school. Or enlist.
>>
File: 1392850906_dj_khaled_27.jpg (743 KB, 1365x1365) Image search: [Google]
1392850906_dj_khaled_27.jpg
743 KB, 1365x1365
>>71550
>not having rich parents so that you can pursue phd.
>>
>>71542
>Chicago

Yeah, a Republican would never make it out the gate in Chicago elections.
>>
>>71550
300k starting, any job you want?
>>
>>70805
>since my state has stopped paying teachers for a while

Where the fuck do you live, m8?
>>
File: Chicago!4.jpg (693 KB, 2623x1774) Image search: [Google]
Chicago!4.jpg
693 KB, 2623x1774
>>71539
>I really wanted to study philosophy, but the course is so inflated these days, so I couldn't get in, but honestly, it really doesn't matter, because I don't think I'm university material as a person anyway. Too much of having to prove myself all the time, and my nervous system can't handle it.
There's no shame in feeling overwhelmed when starting college, but there's no reason to assume you just can't hack it.

Maybe you can seek some support at your school's clinic, they can help you overcome having to "prove yourself" all the time.

>>71550
But we're having more fun than you!

>>71598
>Not giving a fuck about your future and just Van Wilder-ing your time in school.

>>71610
Which is funny because you'd find that there's still a healthy base for conservative voters. Better off just running as an independent than Republican, is what I'm trying to say.

>>71633
A place called Illinois, though I think we're better off than Wisconsin atm.
>>
>>71647
>they can help you overcome having to "prove yourself" all the time.

Or set him up with an Addy script
>>
>>71581
I already have 2 different trade school educations, CNC-machining, and offshore platform rig oil drilling.

But I don't want to work with either of them.
>>
File: oswald_spengler.jpg (172 KB, 583x792) Image search: [Google]
oswald_spengler.jpg
172 KB, 583x792
>>71647
Nah, I'm having plenty of fun since there's a good library here. Reading Spengler right now.
>>
File: 1428314087487-0.png (228 KB, 4500x4334) Image search: [Google]
1428314087487-0.png
228 KB, 4500x4334
>>71647
>Not giving a fuck about your future
>Implying I don't have a trust fund.

toiling to eat is for plebs, from ancient Greeks to 19th century aristocracy, the elite pursued scholarly interest because they didn't had to work.
>>
>>71680

Both of 'em are good money.

At least you've got a backup plan if the classics go belly-up.

I'd still look at other majors before dropping out.
>>
>>71680
>>71706

Also, the average university student changes their major 4 times.

There's no shame in it.
>>
>>71647
>Maybe you can seek some support at your school's clinic, they can help you overcome having to "prove yourself" all the time.

Yeah, but that is the nature of University though. You constantly have to prove that you understand and can use the material you have learned critically. I recently had a paper due on Sophocles, and I did okay I guess, got a B+, but I was so exhausted afterwards that I literally couldn't get out of bed for 5 days.
>>
File: 1401754567681.png (193 KB, 668x710) Image search: [Google]
1401754567681.png
193 KB, 668x710
International Relations from the London School of Economics here. I figure that'll improve my chances at finding a job.

Currently interning for an NGO. Gonna try getting a traineeship in the European Commission for 2016.
>>
>all those people posting about how they will go in business because of some CEOs with history degrees
Anons, you need to realize two things:
>it's not gonna work if you don't have family relations
>those people given as examples started working in a context where full employment was the norm.

The blue area means you get a manager's job with even a high school certificate.
The grey area means you need two masters and speak three languages to be hired as a secretary.

I ain't saying to not do studies. But be prepared for disappointment, because shit sucks.
>>
File: 1445221415943.gif (660 KB, 202x118) Image search: [Google]
1445221415943.gif
660 KB, 202x118
>>71598
>not studying a field where you are paid a livable wage just for going to grad school
Im in the Chemistry PHD program at UNC Chapel Hill and I pay nothing for my tuition, housing, or meal plan and im paid $25,000 a year just to research and TA for 2 classes a semester. It ist a lot of money yes but I have no expenses so its whatever
>>
SOMEONE HELP

Do you use references when writing an essay on a primary source?

How the fuck am I meant to find journals or books which will be proper references when writing this essay on a primary source?

I'm writing the essay on a chapter from a book

Am i being retarded?
>>
>>71738

No need to be fatalist, anon
>>
>>71746
>not having a trust fund
>>71702

stem != humanities, your average peasant can and should pursue stem, but lets leave humanites to those who can afford it
>>
I'm also a semester away from graduating, with a BFA in Art History (yeah, those initials are correct). I'm going down the PhD track for a museum career, but I've been lucky enough to meet a lot of helpful people in my field. It's tough, but there's a lot to do. Look into museum professions - there's more than curators. Museum education, registrars, database management, etc. The digital humanities are really getting somewhere too. My local museum has a few positions dedicated to digitizing their rare book collection. And I know a few recent PhD grads who have fellowships just to figure out how to use the internet to make people learn the humanities.

I don't worry about it cause I fucking love my field. And I'll never, literally never get my dream job if I stop now. Just don't fool yourself into thinking you're getting a tenured teaching position any time soon. Luckily, I hate teaching, so you won't be competing with me.
>>
>>71756
>Do you use references when writing an essay on a primary source?
Sometimes.
>How the fuck am I meant to find journals or books which will be proper references when writing this essay on a primary source?
JSTOR
>I'm writing the essay on a chapter from a book
Ok
>Am i being retarded?
Nah
>>
>>71756
explain more, name the book, name your topic, name clearly the instructions, do it
>>
>>71756
Essays are mostly personal opinion though m8, it shouldn't really be necessary to source anything unless you directly quote something from a text.
>>
>>71770
It's just economics senpai.
Yeah sure you can bank on being the outlier but that's pretty much banking on winning the lottery.
Most people will NOT get a job that corresponds to the expectations set by their degree, especially if you use people who started working 40 years ago to set the bar.

Education inflation is a hell of a thing.
Honestly I think it'd be better for everyone if colleges tightened their entry selection.
>>
>>71756
I basically only write about primary sources (art). Secondary sources help you interpret and contextualize the primary source. Do your damn research, always.
>>
>>71315
I was being serious, and I can't say im much of a fan of all that besides the food. Absolutely love Chinese and Japanese food.
>>
>>71806
I'm writing an essay on a chapter from "The Interesting Narrative of the Life of Olaudah Equiano"

I was told it had to be fully referenced. The essay doesn't have a thesis but I am to write about the purpose of the document/chapter, the writer, the intended audience, the credibility of the document/chapter, it's effect on myself and what I can extrapolate from the person who produced it etc.
>>
>go to pick out my new classes because registration soon
>school arbitrarily added 3 more fucking required classes completely unrelated to my major
shit like this is what causes my depression, like seriously, these classes were not requirements last semester or fuck even earlier this year
all of a sudden I have to take them
someone shoot me
>>
File: 1391815104420.gif (1005 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1391815104420.gif
1005 KB, 640x360
Thinking of pursuing a degree in Psychology to be a therapist of some sort. How fucked am I? I just want to help and interact with people better than I can now. And of course is Psychology under the humanities or not?
>>
>>71895
>Olaudah Equiano

Sophomore-level lit course?

Anyway. JSTOR is your friend.
>>
>>71932
>is Psychology under the humanities

Depends. You normally can either get a BA in Psych, or a BS in Psych.

>How fucked am I?
You need 8 years of university-level schooling for that. Otherwise, go for it.
>>
>>71895
>writing about niggers
okay I assume your problem is with referencing, you must cite both priamry and secondary source

i.e.

Olaudah says that "We wuz kings and shieet" [1]. Scholars such as Bertha Lovejoy claims that Oladuah wanted more gibsmedats [2]. I agree with Bertha's statement, Oladuah was a useless nigger [3].

in [1] you must cite primary source -Oladuah page 72

in [2] you must cite the secondary source -Lovejoy, Bertha, Commentary on Oladuah page 69

in [3] you don't cite anything because thats your idea.

first briefly skim the priamry soruce, than use google scholars and jstory to find other people who wrote about this filthy nigger. than combine them.
>>
>>71932
I actually know more people with unused Psych degrees than Humanities. I almost did Psych, then decided 'fuck that'. Do it if you like it. I didn't like it enough.
>>
>>71895

Did your teacher give you a citation style to respect? APA, Chicago, Harvard, etc.. ?

You can find a site to do it for you automatically.
>>
Going into business now but I really liked History. If it paid more I would go into humanities.
>>
>>71931
forgot to add my major is history obviously
>>
>>71852
>Honestly I think it'd be better for everyone if colleges tightened their entry selection.

Fucking yes. I know far too many absolute idiots trying to get some random degree they don't want, and they'll still work in a call center or something that doesn't require advanced education.
>>
>>70464

Got a master's degree in history in Belgium, and now I'm getting another degree in history of international relations in Oxford. I always loved history, and I'm trying to get some employability out of it by studying international relations history. I aspire to become a diplomat/representative.
>>
>>72598

>in Belgium

Where exactly? I did my undergrad there. Studied International Relations at LSE last year.
>>
>>72920

Ghent, where did you study?
>>
I have one and am applying for my masters for the spring or summer of this next year. I have 1 year left on the GI bill sop I shouldn't be in too much debt once I finish.

I really want to teach at the community college level or above so I have a bit of work cut out for me
>>
I'm thinking of doing a bachelor of ancient history next year, not for a career but because history interests me, is it an enjoyable course?
>>
>>70464
Currently doing my Ma thesis in philosophy. Have bachelors degrees in english and philosophy.
>>
>>70464
Mayor in gemder studies, minor in counter opression
>>
>>73893
now you're just meming.
>>
>>73925
Nah, I'm just shitposting
>>
>>71206
>>71206
Loads of graduate jobs. You need to get out of the mentality of a certain degree leading to a certain job (unless it's something like medicine ect). A lot of jobs don't care what your degree is in, just that you have one.
>>
File: 1413891391043.jpg (106 KB, 670x424) Image search: [Google]
1413891391043.jpg
106 KB, 670x424
>all these people caring about wagekekery

Your only hope, even with a STEM degree is a thoroughly mediocre position.

I'm just happy to have a few years with no responsibilities learning cool shit. Then NEETdom awaits to continue the journey.
>>
>>73942
>A lot of jobs don't care what your degree is in, just that you have one.
not in my country
>>
>history degrees
Anthropology here, looking to go to grad school for historical archaeology in the fall next year.
>>
>tfw you fell for the STEM meme
>>
I am a year away from my History BA. Looking closely at law school because I'm not sure I want to get into all the stuff graduate school brings.
>>
I'm a mature student currently studying for a degree in International Relations & Security Studies.

My personal tutor in first year was the voice of Mikhail Gorbachev on american television; pretty cool guy.

Applied to go on a paid work placement in Geneva next year as well, should be fairly interesting and useful.
>>
File: 1446346275633.jpg (67 KB, 517x560) Image search: [Google]
1446346275633.jpg
67 KB, 517x560
History BA + MA here

Going into to PhD next year
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 440x660) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 440x660
International Relations and Global Studies major, focus on art and languages in Asia.
I might just go ahead and double major in Art History, but who knows.
>>
>>70464
>degree in the humanities
i hope you are female and can marry someone with a job
>>
Currently doing a degree in Translation with a minor in History. After this I want to get the degree in History and train as a higschool History teacher.
>>
I have a bachelor degree in Geography, but I'm currently working with pre-Columbian archaeology.
I'm applying for a masters in archaeology next year.
>>
File: 1446148108236.gif (1 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
1446148108236.gif
1 MB, 290x189
>>70464
>humanities
>>
>wanted to study philosophy because i found it interesting
>only one university in my country offers philosophy as a major
>it's continental

I'm majoring at physics, right now.
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.